Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question. We've booked a king room and requested Jamaica, second floor. Is this going to be a possibility? I have no idea where the king rooms are.

Thanks!!!

Absolutely! That's what we had in May - Jamaica 46 (I think, maybe 45?), 2nd floor, king room - beautiful corner room - it was awesome! :thumbsup2

Can anyone who has stayed in a Pirate room please tell me if they actually have the accessories in the room or if the consider "accessories" are the furniture and decorations. On their websites states they have buccaneer accesories (SEE BELOW) but when I called to see if we had to reserve the accessories (another reviwer stated you have to reserve) they had NO clue what I was talking about and stated you can only buy the accessories in the gift shop for 30 something dollars. HUH??? Is this hotel REALLY worth it????

2 double-size pirate ship-themed beds
Additional adult charge of $15 per adult per night for more than 2 adults, except in Suites and rooms with King beds.
Pirate-themed accessories and décor
Table and chairs
Vanity area with 2 sinks
Ceiling fan
Bathroom
Non-smoking
In-room wall safe
Voice mail
Complimentary WiFi
Hairdryer
Iron and ironing board
Mini-fridge
Coffee maker
Pack 'n Play® playard available upon request
Wheelchair-accessible rooms are available
Views of the courtyard, woodlands or Resort hotel

Whoo hoo! We are booked at CBR for October 22-27 with Free Dining! Requested Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 and ground floor. Can't wait!

Just booked our first CBR stay! I have always wanted to stay the the CB since my first trip when I was 7 years old and driving past the gates.

Can anyone who has stayed in a Pirate room please tell me if they actually have the accessories in the room or if the consider "accessories" are the furniture and decorations. On their websites states they have buccaneer accesories (SEE BELOW) but when I called to see if we had to reserve the accessories (another reviwer stated you have to reserve) they had NO clue what I was talking about and stated you can only buy the accessories in the gift shop for 30 something dollars. HUH??? Is this hotel REALLY worth it????

2 double-size pirate ship-themed beds
Additional adult charge of $15 per adult per night for more than 2 adults, except in Suites and rooms with King beds.
Pirate-themed accessories and décor
Table and chairs
Vanity area with 2 sinks
Ceiling fan
Bathroom
Non-smoking
In-room wall safe
Voice mail
Complimentary WiFi
Hairdryer
Iron and ironing board
Mini-fridge
Coffee maker
Pack 'n Play® playard available upon request
Wheelchair-accessible rooms are available
Views of the courtyard, woodlands or Resort hotel

I have no idea what the "accessories" would be. I can tell you that all of the items you listed are in the room with the exception of the pack 'n play which, as you typed, are available upon request. I think the accessories the castmember was referring to are costumes, swords, hooks, etc. for the kids which are sold in the store.

We have stayed at the CBR eight times and enjoy everything about it. The grounds are lovely, the main pool is awesome and the castmembers are friendly.

We just booked cbr for oct. 27-nov. 2. This is our first time here. Last year we stayed at pop. After reading through this and looking at a map we requested Aruba 51 or Jamaica 45. Can't wait for our trip!

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Whoo hoo! We are booked at CBR for October 22-27 with Free Dining! Requested Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 and ground floor. Can't wait!

We will be arriving right after you with the same request.

:cool1: we have managed to change our flight to the 4th October, originally it was 5th so we just missed out on free dining, as were there till the 21st it was well worth the flight price change to get the free dining ;)

We stayed at Caribbean beach in 2008, the new pool opened the day after we left so looking forward to using it this time :banana:

Does anyone have a schedule of what events ( movies, activities, etc ) will be scheduled at the CBR Resorts?

Next week, we will be arriving at around 6:30pm. I anticipate that we will be going swimming and eating at CBR....I just wanted to see if there was anything else that we can do there that evening.

Does anyone have a schedule of what events ( movies, activities, etc ) will be scheduled at the CBR Resorts?

Next week, we will be arriving at around 6:30pm. I anticipate that we will be going swimming and eating at CBR....I just wanted to see if there was anything else that we can do there that evening.

There is a nightly campfire/marshmallow roast and poolside movie. The movie usually starts right around dusk. The campfire was at 6:00PM back in October. I would imagine it's probably around 7 or 8 in the summer. Have fun!!

Is there a bus stop to take you to the parks located right outside Trinidad South?

We've never stayed here before and am a little overwhelmed at the size of the hotel! (and a little nervous about the walking)

Is there a bus stop to take you to the parks located right outside Trinidad South?

We've never stayed here before and am a little overwhelmed at the size of the hotel! (and a little nervous about the walking)

Every village has it's own bus stop. Yes, Trinidad South is the farthest village from OPR. However, from the farthest room in Trinidad South to OPR is 8-9 minutes at a very leisurely pace. In my opinion, the size of the resort is blown out of proportion. And there is an internal bus if you feel you need it.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cbrmap.htm

Do they sell the Disney Rain Ponchos at the CBR Gift Shop?

I figure that I will just get it when we get there since I know that it will "flash rain" all of a sudden out of nowhere at some point over the course of our stay. I don't want to wait til it starts raining and we are stuck in some shop waiting in line to get it.

Also...does anyone what the deepest part of the main pool is?

I saw some videos of the water slide and saw that it was 4 feet 2 inches....( 50 inches ). Is that the deepest part of the pool?

I figure that I will just get it when we get there since I know that it will "flash rain" all of a sudden out of nowhere at some point over the course of our stay. I don't want to wait til it starts raining and we are stuck in some shop waiting in line to get it.

Also...does anyone what the deepest part of the main pool is?

I saw some videos of the water slide and saw that it was 4 feet 2 inches....( 50 inches ). Is that the deepest part of the pool?

The ponchos are not usually out until it rains, but when it starts raining, they magically appear everywhere! I'm sure if you asked, they have them! I know they do because when we were there 2 weeks ago it stormed and everyone was coming out with them in bags and putting them on at OPR.

I recall being in the main pool and thinking we saw a 4 ft. 8 inch depth. No deeper than that though.

The ponchos are not usually out until it rains, but when it starts raining, they magically appear everywhere! I'm sure if you asked, they have them! I know they do because when we were there 2 weeks ago it stormed and everyone was coming out with them in bags and putting them on at OPR.

I recall being in the main pool and thinking we saw a 4 ft. 8 inch depth. No deeper than that though.
Thanks....I will pre-emptively purchase them at the OPR gift shop on the night that we get there.

Another option is to bring your own. I don't know how the ponchos are now, but back in the 80's and 90's they were pretty thin. Last time we went, I made sure to bring our own. I think I paid less than $8 each for 2 adults and one child (not sure since it was 6 years ago). They were heavier and could be used at home as well.

I think they are $8 each maybe more.
I was going to get throw away ones at walmart/ target

Thanks....I will pre-emptively purchase them at the OPR gift shop on the night that we get there.

It's a great idea to have them ahead of time! We have Disney ponchos but I do like the disposable ones...we get them at the Dollar Store too (they're more like garbage bags, lol) because the Disney ones are hard to fold up nice and compact again when they're wet wet once you're done with them. The Disney ones do last though, we have some that we've used a lot over the years. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter