Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seen one pic here and there, but it didn't hit me until a few mins ago if they have a freezer section? DS has meds that need to be kept in the fridge. I have a freezer pak pouch that we will use when we fly down...but I need to get the meds back home the day we leave with about 6 hours of travel/flight time. If they don't have freezers...can I have it frozen for me someplace that I can pick up while we head out? Just wondering. Thanks.

Martinique 26 is the closest building to the food court. Trinidad North 31 is the closest building to the main pool.

thanks, this is what is on my reservation
PLEASE NOTE: GST REQ BLDG 25/26 MARTINIQUE
PLEASE NOTE: OR TRINIDAD N BLDG 31/ADV NG

What are the odd that I will get it?

thanks, this is what is on my reservation
PLEASE NOTE: GST REQ BLDG 25/26 MARTINIQUE
PLEASE NOTE: OR TRINIDAD N BLDG 31/ADV NG

What are the odd that I will get it?

Did you pay for preferred? If you paid for it you will either be in Martinique 24, 25 or 26 or Trinidad North 31, 32 or 33.

Honestly, either village is great. We are just grateful to go and stay at CBR :goodvibes

Did you pay for preferred? If you paid for it you will either be in Martinique 24, 25 or 26 or Trinidad North 31, 32 or 33.

Honestly, either village is great. We are just grateful to go and stay at CBR :goodvibes

Yes I did pay preferred.
The building is an issue because when we last went in 2009 and I had book preferred. I had told Dh all about my disney planning, my disney note book, ADRS,ect.. I was so happy for my family to see all the things I learned to make it a great trip..
We started out with a bus sick 2 year old( I still owe the lady who gave me her whole package of wipes a giant thank you!), it poured on DH while he was running to the room to check in, we got Trinidad 33 the very back of it.
DH was so mad, he went on and on about how that was not preferred. Then to top that off our bags did not come til after 10PM. They got caught in the rain at the airport so it was delayed.

I am doing everything I can to not let that drama happend again.
I rented a car, this way no bus sick, no delayed bags, no running in the rain.
The only thing I can not control is the room.

I've never stayed in a pirate room and have a question with those familiar with this part of CBR. Are there any king bed rooms in Trinidad South? I believe that all pirate rooms have the two double beds.

I'm asking because we have a reservation for a king bed room and want to add another room but only pirate rooms are available for our dates. Wondering how close can we get these rooms together?

All of Trinidad South are pirate rooms -- 2 double beds that look like pirate ships.

You could maybe request a king room in Trinidad North bldg #33 - closest building to Trinidad South. And request for the pirate room to be in TS bldg #34...

I seen one pic here and there, but it didn't hit me until a few mins ago if they have a freezer section? DS has meds that need to be kept in the fridge. I have a freezer pak pouch that we will use when we fly down...but I need to get the meds back home the day we leave with about 6 hours of travel/flight time. If they don't have freezers...can I have it frozen for me someplace that I can pick up while we head out? Just wondering. Thanks.

The refrigerators don't have a freezer section, but sometimes if you turn them clear up things on the top shelf will freeze. A lot of people do this with water bottles so they can take frozen water bottles to the parks.

If that doesn't work then they might be able to freeze it for you somewhere at CBR before you leave for home. You should probably call and ask.

cantwaitvaca09 said:
Yes I did pay preferred.
The building is an issue because when we last went in 2009 and I had book preferred. I had told Dh all about my disney planning, my disney note book, ADRS,ect.. I was so happy for my family to see all the things I learned to make it a great trip..
We started out with a bus sick 2 year old( I still owe the lady who gave me her whole package of wipes a giant thank you!), it poured on DH while he was running to the room to check in, we got Trinidad 33 the very back of it.
DH was so mad, he went on and on about how that was not preferred. Then to top that off our bags did not come til after 10PM. They got caught in the rain at the airport so it was delayed.

I am doing everything I can to not let that drama happend again.
I rented a car, this way no bus sick, no delayed bags, no running in the rain.
The only thing I can not control is the room.
Yeh, I had room 3340 once, just about the farthest away preferred location room.

Bags being delayed by rain at the airport has nothing to do with Disney's Magical Express. DME isn't affected by rain. What causes rain delays at airport are the rampers, the airport employees who load and unload bags from the planes. It's in the rampers' union contract that they do not unload bags from a plane when there is lightning within a certain distance of the airport (it's a safety concern).

This means that if you intend to get your bags at baggage claim and rent a car and drive to your resort, you are going to be SERIOUSLY delayed ... you'll have to hang around at the airport until the storm passes and wait for the rampers to get back to work. At least when you took the DME bus, your bags were delayed by the airport (not by DME) but YOU got to Disney World to start your vacation on time. Know what I mean?

In other words, renting a car won't help you avoid a rain-related baggage delay.

Ok, I just had my travel agent change us from the Sports to CBR. I will soon be able to say I have stayed at all the Moderate resorts.:yay:

Now I have a question: I want to take a taxi to a early breakfast at the Poly. Where at the resort can I grab one? Do I have to go back to the Custom House, and if so, how do I get there?

Also, someone on Trip Adviser posted that they won't allow carry-on bags on the internal shuttle without some sort of luggage tag? What is that all about?

I know that is 2 questions, not one.;)

I want to take a taxi to a early breakfast at the Poly. Where at the resort can I grab one? Do I have to go back to the Custom House, and if so, how do I get there?

No need to go to the Custom House. Your best bet is to call Bell Services the night before and request a cab pick you up in the AM and tell them what time. The cab will pull right up to the circle drive closest to your building and call you when it arrives. In a pinch, we have called the morning of, with like 15 minutes notice and it was no problem. I just prefer to set it up the night before.

Also, someone on Trip Adviser posted that they won't allow carry-on bags on the internal shuttle without some sort of luggage tag? What is that all about?

There's no issue with carry-ons. We had 4 carry-ons between the 3 of us with no issue whatsover. They will balk at you bring all your luggage on the Internal Shuttle. No large bags that you would have to check at the airport.

Yeh, I had room 3340 once, just about the farthest away preferred location room.

Bags being delayed by rain at the airport has nothing to do with Disney's Magical Express. DME isn't affected by rain. What causes rain delays at airport are the rampers, the airport employees who load and unload bags from the planes. It's in the rampers' union contract that they do not unload bags from a plane when there is lightning within a certain distance of the airport (it's a safety concern).

This means that if you intend to get your bags at baggage claim and rent a car and drive to your resort, you are going to be SERIOUSLY delayed ... you'll have to hang around at the airport until the storm passes and wait for the rampers to get back to work. At least when you took the DME bus, your bags were delayed by the airport (not by DME) but YOU got to Disney World to start your vacation on time. Know what I mean?

In other words, renting a car won't help you avoid a rain-related baggage delay.

I did not know that.. Question, can I send my bags with DME and just pick up my rental car?

I did not know that.. Question, can I send my bags with DME and just pick up my rental car?

I'm pretty sure the answer to this is: No, because they register you at the DME desk computer, which lets them know to grab your bags (they ask how many you have). So, at least one of you will need to ride DME for the luggage.

maxiesmom said:
Ok, I just had my travel agent change us from the Sports to CBR. I will soon be able to say I have stayed at all the Moderate resorts.:yay:

Now I have a question: I want to take a taxi to a early breakfast at the Poly. Where at the resort can I grab one? Do I have to go back to the Custom House, and if so, how do I get there?

I know that is 2 questions, not one.;)

Well, what you read on TripAdvisor is wrong. This concerns me, as I'm a Destination Expert for Disney World in he forum over there and I'm disappointed in myself that I didn't catch that.

Think about it ... people take backpacks and such to and from the parks every day. No problem taking something you can heretically hold on your lap. But it's correct that "luggage" can't be taken on Disney Transport buses. I don't know what on Earth that person was talking about needing some sort of luggage tag for carry-ons. Number one, you don't need a tag for a bag on Disney Transport buses, and number two, there is no such thing as a luggage tag for a carry-on bag in all of Walt Disney World.

About going to the Poly ...
I just want to make sure you know that you don't NEED to take a taxi as long as your ADR is no earlier than about 7:15 a.m.; if you're going to 'Ohana, they're earliest ADR is 7:30. You may certainly prefer to take a taxi, but I just want to make sure you know you have the option of taking a bus to Magic Kingdom (they start running around 6:30-ish) and then the resort monorail from MK to Poly (that starts running at 7:00 a.m.).

Been trying to read thru this huge thread, it is making me feel really great about choosing CB. My trip went from the whole fam staying at FW Cabins to just my daughter and I. After going back and forth, this seemed the best deal (I had booked a bounceback from a trip with my cousins in January). We have a Pirate room that I think my daughter will really enjoy. Seems like the walk won't be too bad. It is a quick trip, just 2 days so will try to enjoy this resort as much as possible!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter