Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the only accessible room you can get at CBR is a Pirate Themed room, you will have about a 10 minute walk to OPR and the main pool. The Pirate rooms are in Trinidad South, the farthest village.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cbrmap.htm

The pool and slides at CBR's main pool are great.

We have never stayed at CSR, so I can't comment on the pool there. From talking to people who have stayed at both CBR and CSR, they are about the same as far as the size and walking involved.

There are plenty of villages at CBR and buildings at CSR that are close but not preferred. However, I don't know anything about where accessible rooms are located.

Sorry I can't answer all your questions, but hope this helps a little.

Thanks for your reply.....we made the switch!

charleyann

are blow up tubes or rafts allowed in any of the pools at CBR?

I've only seen the one's used by little kids as a swimming aid to keep them above water. I've also seen beach balls but no rafts or floats. There might be too many people in the pools for that.

You might be able to get away with it in the quiet pools, but again that would depend on how many people are in there. There are no lifeguards at the quiet pools to keep you from using them though.

Hello all. I am leaving for my first stay at CBR in about 17 days. I've always stayed at the value resorts (mostly POP) but with the free dining how could I not take advantage of staying at a moderate resort. Can anyone tell me where the first stop is for the bus? I thought I read somewhere it was Jamaica but I figured I would check with the experts here and see if anyone knew. Also if I'm looking to stay closest to the first pick up bus stop which area would that be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It will either stop at Jamaica or Martinique(I think) first depending on which entrance the bus comes through.

Enjoy your stay, CBR is a beautiful resort :thumbsup2

stephanie71717 said:
Hello all. I am leaving for my first stay at CBR in about 17 days. I've always stayed at the value resorts (mostly POP) but with the free dining how could I not take advantage of staying at a moderate resort. Can anyone tell me where the first stop is for the bus? I thought I read somewhere it was Jamaica but I figured I would check with the experts here and see if anyone knew. Also if I'm looking to stay closest to the first pick up bus stop which area would that be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Busses come in different entrances depending on where they are coming from:)

stephanie71717 said:

Buses heading for Magic Kingdom and buses heading for Downtown Disney/Typhoon Lagoon start at Martinique.

Buses heading everywhere else start at Jamaica.

For the first time in 20 years, I'm returning to Disney World!!! Yesterday I booked a package for 8 days in February at the CBR. Looks like a wonderful and beautiful place, all a brand new experience for me. I cannot wait to be there!

When I received my e-mail reservation, I got a code showing for two adults at CBR in a King Room, B8J. Does that B8J code mean anything? Does it mean my village and room?

I didn't have a preference for a village, just super excited to be there. But I'm curious now to know which village I'll be in.

For the first time in 20 years, I'm returning to Disney World!!! Yesterday I booked a package for 8 days in February at the CBR. Looks like a wonderful and beautiful place, all a brand new experience for me. I cannot wait to be there!

When I received my e-mail reservation, I got a code showing for two adults at CBR in a King Room, B8J. Does that B8J code mean anything? Does it mean my village and room?

I didn't have a preference for a village, just super excited to be there. But I'm curious now to know which village I'll be in.

Congrats on your first trip back after 20 years away. Mickey has been waiting for you! :cloud9:

I am soo excited to be visiting Disney for only the 2nd time and 1st time on property!!!! I made my reservations for CBR, but am a little confused...should I be requesting a certain village? Which is most convenient? I read a few of the comments about busing issues, do you think this will be a problem Dec. 10-17? Thanks for any info!!! I'm slowly wading through it all!

First of all congratulations on going back after so long away! I'm sure you're really excited!

I think that the letter/number designator is just a booking code and depends on whether you booked rack rate, a discount, etc. For our king room for free dining in November our code is G8Q. I'm guessing the 8 is the king room designator? Maybe someone will be along with a more definitive answer for you. :)

We are staying at CBR for the first time in December. The first time we have stayed at a mod since 1995. We usually stay at the value resorts. I just have a question about the kids splash area. We will have a 2 and 4 year old with us and I have a nine year old son. Would he be allowed to go into the splash area with them. He has seen the pictures of the big barrel of water pouring on people and he is thinks he is going to be able to do that. If he is not I would like to break it to him before we get there. Thanks.

We are staying at CBR for the first time in December. The first time we have stayed at a mod since 1995. We usually stay at the value resorts. I just have a question about the kids splash area. We will have a 2 and 4 year old with us and I have a nine year old son. Would he be allowed to go into the splash area with them. He has seen the pictures of the big barrel of water pouring on people and he is thinks he is going to be able to do that. If he is not I would like to break it to him before we get there. Thanks.

I think the splash area has a height limit of 48", so if you son is under that limit he should be ok. I can verify this for you next week.

Has anyone ever mailed things home from the resort? If so, how did you do it? Figuring what we are packing (trying to keep it light and do laundry on our one down day) I "think" I can get everything into one large suitcase for the three of us. I'm considering taking two and spliting up clothes (incase a bag gets lost) but this way, we will have almost a full suitcase for everything we might buy and not be limited to what we purchase. But DH brought up a good point..it will be 25.00 for each bag each way. So more or less....50.00 bucks just to have an half empty suit case travel. He said what if we just mail items we buy home since it would prolly be under 50.00 and less to worry about. But where do you do this out and what have been some prices? Thanks!!!

We're leaving in 4 days for our first trip to CBR. The forecast is calling for scattered thunderstorms with a 50-60% chance EVERY day that we are there. Anybody have experience with the weather at this time of year? Does "scattered" mean that the rain will fall for 20 minutes and then we'll be OK for most of the day? Or should I pack full rain gear?

My experience in August is that some days you will have hard rain for a short time(maybe 20 minutes) and some days no rain at all. The last 2 times we went in August I don't remember there being any days that were a total washout. Most of the storms are in the late afternoon.

Pretty much the same weather patterns as August in Pennsylvania :)

We're leaving in 4 days for our first trip to CBR. The forecast is calling for scattered thunderstorms with a 50-60% chance EVERY day that we are there. Anybody have experience with the weather at this time of year? Does "scattered" mean that the rain will fall for 20 minutes and then we'll be OK for most of the day? Or should I pack full rain gear?

we will be there on 08-23 for 2 nights then off to POR for 8 nights!! The last time we went in 2010 there was a hurricane lingering off the coast and it rained everyday one day it poured all day. I have been checking the weather too, of cours 60% chance all week!!! ugh. oh well lets put our rain gear on and make the best of it!!!! cant wait!!!!!!!!

We were there last August and we got some rain. The forecast had thunderstorms everyday, so we were nervous. But it really wasn't that bad. It did rain nearly every afternoon, but only for an hour or two. It was usually about the time we were back at the resort anyway. I remember one afternoon we were back in the room at CBR and it poured and poured. We had planned to go to DTD that afternoon and the rain did set us back a bit. It was just raining way too hard to throw on a poncho & go. We looked out at the courtyard outside our room and it was flooded. So much rain all at once. But it eventually let up and we were on our way! Other than that we had one evening of set in rain at Epcot that was kind of miserable. The rest of the rain wasn't excessive and didn't interfere with our plans at all. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter