Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
joining in the fun!!! will be back at CBR nov 28 for one week of free dining!

the last 2 times we stayed at CBR were for resort only time (no parks, only resort and DTD) so all you with "reservations";) you made a great choice!

we love cbr cause it was our first resort at WDW back with our sons in 1992! which is our favorite Moderate resort? that changes all the time!!!

Hey CBR fans...

So, I did my online check in, and I was not able to add a "Building Request". I belive this is due to the fact that we booked through a travel agent (Dreams, of course). I've put our request in with our TA, but does anyone here know of any other steps to take to help us get in the building we wish?

FYI, I have called 407-WDisney, and they were not able to add the request due to the TA issue noted above.

Thanks!

I had the same problem, but I booked directly through Disney. I tried a few more times, but I'm going to call today and figure out what the problem is.

There are laundry facilities at each quiet pool, so no need to haul stuff too far. Washing machines and dryers were $2.00 each and the dryers required only 1 cycle to get the clothes completely dry :)

No I was wondering or I thought they had a locker to put your stuff in while you swim ? How do they work it said coin operated locker ?

I've never stayed at a true mod (first trip was FW but I don't count that)... I picked CBR solely based on the fact that it is a host resort for the Food and Wine Half Marathon and after the party I didn't want to do more than get on a bus to my resort. I was booked at AS Music and had upgraded the QSFD to full FD so the difference for my 5 night trip was $230. I thought it was a great deal but now I'm not so sure... am I going to be more happy with the mod than the value? Why doesn't CBR have queen beds? I kind of assumed they all did after I read that POR had them.

No I was wondering or I thought they had a locker to put your stuff in while you swim ? How do they work it said coin operated locker ?

I thought I remembered there being lockers at the main pool so I went back to the first page of the thread to check. Post #4 says that there are, indeed, coin operated lockers at the main pool. :thumbsup2

I've never stayed at a true mod (first trip was FW but I don't count that)... I picked CBR solely based on the fact that it is a host resort for the Food and Wine Half Marathon and after the party I didn't want to do more than get on a bus to my resort. I was booked at AS Music and had upgraded the QSFD to full FD so the difference for my 5 night trip was $230. I thought it was a great deal but now I'm not so sure... am I going to be more happy with the mod than the value? Why doesn't CBR have queen beds? I kind of assumed they all did after I read that POR had them.

I have never stayed at any of the values but have stayed at the CBR 8 times and I think you made a great decision. As far as the queen beds go, I've been told by several castmembers that they will be switching to queen beds but no time frame has been given. We have a queen bed at home and don't really have any problems with the smaller beds at the CBR. Quite honestly, I'm usually too tired to even notice at the end of the day. ;)

The CBR grounds are absolutely beautiful and, being a runner, I am sure that you'll appreciate the resort promenade. I've seen many runners doing their daily morning runs there.

If you have any specific CBR questions, please post them. I'm sure of us CBR fans can answer them for you.

I have a fear of the bus system there...will it take forever??? I'm kinda nervous about booking here only because of that. :(

I have a fear of the bus system there...will it take forever??? I'm kinda nervous about booking here only because of that. :(

We have stayed at the CBR eight times (mid-May, last week of May, Memorial Day, first week of June, early August and mid-August) and have never had any issues with the buses. The longest wait that we have ever encountered was a 25 minute wait mid-day and not peak traveling time. Most times, the buses came within 10 minutes or so.

CRB#33 said:
I had the same problem, but I booked directly through Disney. I tried a few more times, but I'm going to call today and figure out what the problem is.

I also had the same problem and I booked directly through Dis...I called and faxed a request to the resort.

I also had the same problem and I booked directly through Dis...I called and faxed a request to the resort.

Calling is the way to go.:thumbsup2 Faxes are now just tossed away as they were getting too many to look at.

I find it best to not get to emotionally attached to your requests. It is better to be happy you get it met, than dad you didn't, kwim?

So the first page says that there is free wifi in some of the common areas but other posts on the resorts board say that there is free wifi in all guest rooms. Can someone tell me which is correct? Thanks! :)

We have stayed at the CBR eight times (mid-May, last week of May, Memorial Day, first week of June, early August and mid-August) and have never had any issues with the buses. The longest wait that we have ever encountered was a 25 minute wait mid-day and not peak traveling time. Most times, the buses came within 10 minutes or so.

Hello Mickeystoontown :wave2:
What I wanted to know is how do the coin operated lockers work ? You put a coin in and then what :rotfl: Do they have a key or have a time limit ? :confused3

maxiesmom said:
Calling is the way to go.:thumbsup2 Faxes are now just tossed away as they were getting too many to look at.

I find it best to not get to emotionally attached to your requests. It is better to be happy you get it met, than dad you didn't, kwim?

I think I'll call everyday...so when I check in they will say give this woman what she wants so she'll leave us alone lol. Should I also tell them we are celebrating 2 birthdays and a first visit for a friend who is joining us?

So the first page says that there is free wifi in some of the common areas but other posts on the resorts board say that there is free wifi in all guest rooms. Can someone tell me which is correct? Thanks! :)

There is free wifi in the common areas and in the rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter