Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never had that happen to me with it not saving your requests or card online. I would just wait until you get there to add the card and call to make sure your room requests are on your reservations.
What type of building requests did it have on online check in ?

It had Trinidad North or Martinique; close to transportation and ground floor (all "checkable").

I was really surprised that it had the two buildings listed. Of course, then it told me to call the number because my requests could not be saved. :rolleyes:

Just back last night from CBR. The resort is very pretty and nice, but we decided it was just too big for us. I had requested Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51, we were in Jamaica 46, which was a close walk to pool and food court.

We are here now. Martinique, building 25. I absolutely love it! We have a ground floor, corner room and it's a very short walk to OPR and the pool. The grounds are very tropical and the entire resort is very relaxing. I would definitely recommend a preferred room as the other villages seem far.

We are here now. Martinique, building 25. I absolutely love it! We have a ground floor, corner room and it's a very short walk to OPR and the pool. The grounds are very tropical and the entire resort is very relaxing. I would definitely recommend a preferred room as the other villages seem far.

we were in Mart. 25 as well -- top floor, facing the water. Perfect location!

Did you request that building? I have 16days and I have requested that building , just wondering what my odds are

You are in my pixie dust room!! I requested Martinique 25 and a corner room. Yes, we booked preferred. We booked with a TA and when I did the online check-un it also said that the request was not saved and to call. When I called I was told to contact my TA and they can't do anything. I e-mailed my TA and I'm hoping the request was put in correctly. We leave in 5 days and I'm hoping for some major pixie dust. First time for DH and DS flying, First time for DS to Disney and over 13 and 16 years for us "Kids at Heart". First time staying on property..so many firsts I'm hoping we get lucky "First's Pixie Dust"!!!!

We are so excited as we just changed our ressies, adding 2 days to get free dining. That meant changing from the POR to CBR. Was a bit sad at first - really longing for those queen beds. But DDprincess: is thrilled that there will be a beach! This is our first time taking our 6princess: and 8:darth: yr old kids (last time I went was in high school!). My parents are coming along too. Any suggestions, info about CBR and/or Disney is much appreciated. Feeling truly blessed to get to go 10/4-13!!:yay:

just make sure your daughter realizes that you can't swim in the water, like at a regular beach. there is sand, and hammocks, and water, but no going in the water. only the pools. (just so she won't be disapointed)

Is there music played throughout the resort? Even low music dotted around the resort?

And if so, is it Disney orientated or just basic Caribbean type music?

TIA

FD

You are in my pixie dust room!! I requested Martinique 25 and a corner room. Yes, we booked preferred. We booked with a TA and when I did the online check-un it also said that the request was not saved and to call. When I called I was told to contact my TA and they can't do anything. I e-mailed my TA and I'm hoping the request was put in correctly. We leave in 5 days and I'm hoping for some major pixie dust. First time for DH and DS flying, First time for DS to Disney and over 13 and 16 years for us "Kids at Heart". First time staying on property..so many firsts I'm hoping we get lucky "First's Pixie Dust"!!!!

I hope you get a ton of Pixie Dust but please don't be disappointed if you don't. Sometimes we set ourselves up to fail. I've read it a ton of times on these threads that people almost have themselves sure that they will get Pixie Dusted and then when nothing happens its a huge let down.

Just go and enjoy yourselves and know that we are all wishing you a ton of pixiedust: but it is really all about just being there!!! :goodvibes

Yes

Basic Caribbean music.

EXCEPT for any afternoon , at ANY Disney resort main pool than , you will be Blasted with current pop music from the DJ's. never mind the THEME of your resort. you will hear jsutin Bieber, katy perry, rap, whatever, the DJ chooses to play for the "pool party"

and bring your earplugs, cause even the tallking into the mikes for the games is extremely LOUD!!!:mad:

EXCEPT for any afternoon , at ANY Disney resort main pool than , you will be Blasted with current pop music from the DJ's. never mind the THEME of your resort. you will hear jsutin Bieber, katy perry, rap, whatever, the DJ chooses to play for the "pool party"

and bring your earplugs, cause even the tallking into the mikes for the games is extremely LOUD!!!:mad:

Oh something to look forward to :rotfl:. I do like Katy Perry and Justin Bieber though :rotfl:

For those who have recently been here....
How many open/useable outlets would you say there are? I was reading on another thread of "must haves" to pack and alot of folks put extension cords and surge protectors on their list. We are flying and the less we pack the better. Off the top of my head we will have about 6-7 things to charge. Did everyone do fine without surge protectors? Just wondering.

We just got back yesterday. There were two in the bathroom and two that were easily accessible next to the television. There may have been more, but we didn't need to look for them.

Loved CBR! We just returned from our first stay at CBR after doing Value.

What we loved:

- that the transportation bus played Caribbean music - calming after the parks
- the main pool and slides
- shaded bus stop
- the hidden hot tub behind the slides
- landscaping

Loved it!

Off the top of my head we will have about 6-7 things to charge. Did everyone do fine without surge protectors?

Having a cheapo powerstrip from the dollar store is priceless with that many devices. We never travel anywhere without one. It is my number one thing to suggest to people going for the first time and everyone has said it was great to have.

Loved CBR! We just returned from our first stay at CBR after doing Value.

What we loved:

- that the transportation bus played Caribbean music - calming after the parks
- the main pool and slides
- shaded bus stop
- the hidden hot tub behind the slides
- landscaping

Loved it!

So glad you enjoyed CBR!:thumbsup2 It's our favorite moderate.

Is there music played throughout the resort? Even low music dotted around the resort?

And if so, is it Disney orientated or just basic Caribbean type music?

TIA

FD

I just returned last night, and I only remember hearing Caribbean music around the main pool and OPR (and of course inside). It is very nice though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter