Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a preferred room booked but in the interest of saving the $212 dollars I am thinking of dropping it down to a Standard room. I know this question has probably been asked a million times but what are the best areas to request for Standard? I don't mind a 5 minute walk or thereabouts. But it is August when we're going to I'd like to not be really far from the main areas.
I like the looks of the Jamaica buildings. Are they too far to use the food court and pool often?

Hi, from another Canadian :wave2: - We'll be at CBR in August as well. We like requesting Aruba or Jamaica. Love the walk over to Old Port Royale. We usually pick up stuff for breakfast the night before and put it in the fridge in the room for the morning.

Am I the only one who doesn't have an interest in the pirate rooms? I want to sleep in a normal bed. lol

Am I the only one who doesn't have an interest in the pirate rooms? I want to sleep in a normal bed. lol

We have a little girl so no interest in the pirate rooms here. Quite frankly seems a bit far for the themed rooms to walk to main food court. But then again PORs Royal Rooms were a lil walk to them from main building.

I have never stayed a Caribbean Beach before. (usually at All Stars) I got a promo for free dining for November so I figured I could afford to bump up! From the pics I have seen so far...I am worried we may never want to leave the resort!! It looks wonderful.

I really love the pirate room...wondering if it is worth a bump up there...thoughts??

We're doing a pirate room if we switch to CBR! But we also have pirate obsessed kids...DS6 and DD2. :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hi, from another Canadian :wave2: - We'll be at CBR in August as well. We like requesting Aruba or Jamaica. Love the walk over to Old Port Royale. We usually pick up stuff for breakfast the night before and put it in the fridge in the room for the morning.

Thank you fellow Canadian! I think I will drop it to standard. My desire to keep that $212 in my wallet is winning. I don't mind a walk.. I would just prefer it not be a 20 minute trek to get a drink:)

You're not alone. I have no desire to pay extra for a longer walk to the food court.

Hey EpcotBill, Nice to see you... Yeah I agree in this resort's layout I would pass at paying extra to walk further lol.

Ok, so I've read many reviews of the rooms, and they seem to be in great need of a full refurbishment (not just the new white covers?). That being said, are the pirate rooms in as sad of a state?

Hi Everyone!
My pirate-obsessed DH just told me we *have* to stay in a pirate room if we go on an October trip! :rotfl: Did I see that there's a PIN for Disney Visa Cardholders for FD? Where would I find it (is it on my Visa online statement)?

If we go it'd be a short trip... MNSSHP on Friday (arrival day), just the resort on Saturday, MNSSHP on Sunday, and leaving Monday. Will there be enough to keep us busy at the resort on Saturday? We probably won't be up and moving until after 10am if that helps. :)

Hi Everyone!
My pirate-obsessed DH just told me we *have* to stay in a pirate room if we go on an October trip! :rotfl: Did I see that there's a PIN for Disney Visa Cardholders for FD? Where would I find it (is it on my Visa online statement)?

If we go it'd be a short trip... MNSSHP on Friday (arrival day), just the resort on Saturday, MNSSHP on Sunday, and leaving Monday. Will there be enough to keep us busy at the resort on Saturday? We probably won't be up and moving until after 10am if that helps. :)

It has nothing to do with the Disney Visa. Just some randomly selected lucky ducks that got it in a snail mail/email from Disney.:)

Ok, so I've read many reviews of the rooms, and they seem to be in great need of a full refurbishment (not just the new white covers?). That being said, are the pirate rooms in as sad of a state?

I don't know about the pirate rooms, but we are in Martinique 21 right now, and our room is fine. We have the new linens, and they're ok, but the room itself doesn't look worn at all. I wasn't sure what to expect after all the reviews either, but our room doesn't have any nicks in the paint or stains on the carpet that I've noticed in the last six days.

I don't know about the pirate rooms, but we are in Martinique 21 right now, and our room is fine. We have the new linens, and they're ok, but the room itself doesn't look worn at all. I wasn't sure what to expect after all the reviews either, but our room doesn't have any nicks in the paint or stains on the carpet that I've noticed in the last six days.

We had no issues with our room in April either. I think once any kind of renovation is noticed, some people get all excited and kind of expect to see a lot of change. In the case of CBR the real wish is for queen beds, finally.

The bed size is not an issue for us as it's just me and DW in our room and we often upgrade to the king sized bed rooms.:)

Hi Everyone!

You don't have to stay on the resort all day Saturday. You could resort hop or go to Downtown Disney - plenty of free entertainment there.

FYI - the bed rails they have there should fit on the pirate beds as well as the regular ones. :-) (just called CBR and talked to a really nice lady). :-)

I have read the whole thread over the last two days. Planning our first CBR stay in Feb!! :cool1::banana: We watched many youtube videos yesterday, oohing and aahing over the beautiful grounds. :cloud9: 242 days!!!

I called CBR today to ask a question and while I was on the phone I asked about the linens. The lady had no idea what I was talking about any transferred me to housekeeping. That lady told me there was no change to the blankets and they still had the Nemo ones. I said 'I heard people saying there were white covers instead now' and she said no.

lol

I called CBR today to ask a question and while I was on the phone I asked about the linens. The lady had no idea what I was talking about any transferred me to housekeeping. That lady told me there was no change to the blankets and they still had the Nemo ones. I said 'I heard people saying there were white covers instead now' and she said no.

lol

I've seen the pictures .. they are in some buildings at least.

lol

It's crazy that I have actually had those white sheet/blanket/whatever you want to call them on my beds at the CBR yet housekeeping is still saying that they are using the Nemo ones. We were in Martinique a little over a week ago and that's the bedding that we had. Others have posted pics and info saying that they have them or had them while there too. We are more informed than Disney is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter