Caribbean Beach FAQ part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

After reading all 59 pages, I've decided to join in the fun (although I am not sure if I am posting correctly). DH & I are heading to CBR for the last week of September. This is my first time back to WDW in over 10 years, the first trip without my son (now 23) and the first time with my DH (just married this past February).

Lots of great tips on this board but two questions that I would like help on:

1) we are ordering "adult beverages" and breakfast items from garden grocer. It sounds like 1/2 gallons will fit on the fridge door. Can it accomodate 750 ml bottles of wine?

2) there are two days in our week which are designated "no park" days - relax by the pool, etc. On those days we have dinner reservations at the Boardwalk and the Polynesian. If we miss the bus back to a park (our Boardwalk reservation isn't until 7:45 p.m.), are there taxis at resorts?

Many thanks for all the wonderful posts and advice!

kimmy85 said:
1) we are ordering "adult beverages" and breakfast items from garden grocer. It sounds like 1/2 gallons will fit on the fridge door. Can it accomodate 750 ml bottles of wine?

Yup.

kimmy85 said:
2) there are two days in our week which are designated "no park" days - relax by the pool, etc. On those days we have dinner reservations at the Boardwalk and the Polynesian. If we miss the bus back to a park (our Boardwalk reservation isn't until 7:45 p.m.), are there taxis at resorts?

Many thanks for all the wonderful posts and advice!

There are taxis at the ready at all the resorts. If you don't see one talk to Bell Services and they will get you one.

Hope you have a great trip!

Hi all -

Thanks to everyone for all the helpful answers here, hopefully you have a couple more :)

What time should we look to catch a bus for a 8:45 reservation at Crystal Palace? This is before the park opens (not a EMH day), how does this work? From what I can gather, the park is supposed to open at 9:00 but may open earlier? And there is some kind of opening ceremony or something?

And on a unrelated note, my wife loves any kind of fruity, frozen beverage. What do you guys recommend from the Banana Cabana?

At CBR right now for our first stay here and, so far, we are really liking it. We are in Jamaica and I can report our room has the white bedspreads, the Nemo ones are gone. No other changes to the room from all the recent pics I have seen. Can see some exterior painting being done but nothing else.

What time should we look to catch a bus for a 8:45 reservation at Crystal Palace?

I would be at the bus stop between 7:30 and 7:45.

This is before the park opens (not a EMH day), how does this work ?

If I remember correctly, there will a CM standing all the way to the left of the turnstiles with a clipboard. Give them your reservation number for Crystal Palace and they will let you in.

From what I can gather, the park is supposed to open at 9:00 but may open earlier? And there is some kind of opening ceremony or something ?

Yes, there is an Opening Ceremony that should start around 8:45 for a 9:00 open. It's pretty cool and we make it a point to see it at least once every trip. Do a search on You Tube for Magic Kingdom Opening Ceremony for an idea of what it is.

And on a unrelated note, my wife loves any kind of fruity, frozen beverage. What do you guys recommend from the Banana Cabana?

My personal favorite is the Pina Colava! Yumm! :drinking1

Hi Everyone!

We are surprising my mom (aka Nana) by staying on-site @CBR. We have stayed there before with her. We plan on telling her that we are stopping at CBR to pick up the tropical CBR resort refillable mugs. I know that these do not exists, but she does not. Or having lunch, since we are driving and not sure when we will arrive.

At the guard house is where I am most concerned. Do you all think that if I tell the guard we are going to Port Royal and hand him a lil note that says
"Checking in, but it's a surprise for the nana in the back" that we will be able to continue our surprise?

If anyone has any other ideas, please let me know.

Hi Everyone!

We are surprising my mom (aka Nana) by staying on-site @CBR. We have stayed there before with her. We plan on telling her that we are stopping at CBR to pick up the tropical CBR resort refillable mugs. I know that these do not exists, but she does not. Or having lunch, since we are driving and not sure when we will arrive.

At the guard house is where I am most concerned. Do you all think that if I tell the guard we are going to Port Royal and hand him a lil note that says
"Checking in, but it's a surprise for the nana in the back" that we will be able to continue our surprise?

I would just tell the guard that you want to go to the gift shop. They don't usually have a problem with that. Once you are past the guard make the first left into the parking lot for the check in area.

Hi Everyone!

I agree. The easiest way would be to say you are going to the gift shop, or the food court for a meal. They'll let you in with no questions (in my experience) and you won't raise her suspicions by passing him anything or having him read something.

Hi Everyone!

You'll have to show an I.D. at the guard station even if you are just visiting the resort. If you want to give the guard a note at check-in, I'd have someone else in the car distract Nana while you hand it them. But, like others have said, you can simply tell the guard that you are going to the gift shop and they won't question you any further.

Does anyone have (or could anyone easily make) a map overlay with CBR and any of the value resorts (in proportion)? Or CBR and Poly? Trying to get a better idea of the size. I keep hearing that it's so huge, but then people chime in and says it's not that bad.

We always get a preferred room at the value's. And we got lucky with Raratonga the year we stayed at Poly. So yes, we're spoiled with close rooms, which is good because we visit the food court pretty often. Our friend is going to call tomorrow to see if she can add us to her free dining PIN offer. When she booked a few days ago, she was only able to get Pirate/Water-view at CBR or ASp for her dates. She chose CBR because of ASp's food court being closed. Our trip would extend 2 days past hers, so I don't know if that would change the type of room available. I know we can pay for preferred, and we would do that if that's an option, so then the distances wouldn't really be an issue.

But a map/overlay would be very helpful if anyone has one, or could easily make one. ;)

You'll have to show an I.D. at the guard station even if you are just visiting the resort. If you want to give the guard a note at check-in, I'd have someone else in the car distract Nana while you hand it them. But, like others have said, you can simply tell the guard that you are going to the gift shop and they won't question you any further.
I agree. The easiest way would be to say you are going to the gift shop, or the food court for a meal. They'll let you in with no questions (in my experience) and you won't raise her suspicions by passing him anything or having him read something.

Thank you so much :) I've been busting at the seams to keep this secret. It sounds like it will be easier than I thought to get through the gate. :bitelip:

Thank you so much :) I've been busting at the seams to keep this secret. It sounds like it will be easier than I thought to get through the gate. :bitelip:

No problem!! I totally understand. I have a surprise Christmas trip planned for the kids and it's killing me to keep this one under wraps for months and months!:rotfl:

We often go to other resorts to eat in their foodcourts and they ask us to show the drivers I.D. and we say we're coming for lunch and they let us right in. Never a problem:)

Hi All
I just changed our reservation from POFQ to the CRB (11/30-12/5) so I could take advantage of the FD. I’m still fairly new w/planning trips to Disney (it’s been many years since my girls were little) but with a grandson now, I’m back to Disney. YAY!

I’m over whelmed by the size of CRB and didn’t/don’t understand what Preferred Room vs. Water/Pool View. Though I did book a water/pool view cuz I would like a room closest to the best pool for a 3 year old. I’m not sure that’s the main pool or the one w/the shipwreck and double slides (that could be the same pool). Or are there others? I haven’t been able to find a lot of pictures.

Any advice on location would be greatly appreciated!

TIA

Make sure you check out post #1 of this thread. There's a link to the CBR map and it also lists which buildings are preferred.

Water view rooms will have a view of water. That water could be the lake or one of the 6 quiet pools. There are water view rooms all over the resort.

So if you want a guarantee of being close to the main pool and food court I would book preferred.

Make sure you check out post #1 of this thread. There's a link to the CBR map and it also lists which buildings are preferred.

Water view rooms will have a view of water. That water could be the lake or one of the 6 quiet pools. There are water view rooms all over the resort.

So if you want a guarantee of being close to the main pool and food court I would book preferred.

I've looked at page 1 (and sure I'll check it out a few more time before our trip ;)), but maybe I'm slow. I'm trying to figure out which buidling area would be best with a 3 year old. We want to be close to a pool for him. The map show pools, but I really haven't had any luck seeing a description of the pools. So I don't know which one would be best for the 3 year old. Is it the main pool or would one of the others be better.

So I"m wondering asking for a preferred next to the main pool and food court would really suite our needs. Or should I be looking at another area? I understand we can utilize any of them, but my preferrence would be NOT to hike all over the resort in our quest.

It also my understanding there are no guarantees of being put by the main pool or food court just because a I book a preferred. Have I misunderstood that too?

TIA, Tammie

I've looked at page 1 (and sure I'll check it out a few more time before our trip ;)), but maybe I'm slow. I'm trying to figure out which buidling area would be best with a 3 year old. We want to be close to a pool for him. The map show pools, but I really haven't had any luck seeing a description of the pools. So I don't know which one would be best for the 3 year old. Is it the main pool or would one of the others be better.

So I"m wondering asking for a preferred next to the main pool and food court would really suite our needs. Or should I be looking at another area? I understand we can utilize any of them, but my preferrence would be NOT to hike all over the resort in our quest.

It also my understanding there are no guarantees of being put by the main pool or food court just because a I book a preferred. Have I misunderstood that too?

TIA, Tammie

If you booked water view, you may not/probably will not be near the main pool. Water view means you can look out your window and *see* water in some form, be it a quiet pool, corner of a quiet pool, or the lake, and I don't know that those are guaranteed to be in the "preferred" area. If you want to be near the main pool and food court, you will need to book preferred. That will put you in Trinidad North or Martinique 24-26 (I think). Those buildings are closest to the main pool.

TIA, Tammie

The preferred rooms are the closest ones to the main pool (and kiddie splash water play area - the pirate ship) and food court. All the other pools are just small quiet pools, nothing really to describe. The main pool does have a zero depth entry place so it and the pirate ship (which is right next to the main pool) are your best bets for a 3 year old I'd say.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

If you booked water view, you may not/probably will not be near the main pool. Water view means you can look out your window and *see* water in some form, be it a quiet pool, corner of a quiet pool, or the lake, and I don't know that those are guaranteed to be in the "preferred" area. If you want to be near the main pool and food court, you will need to book preferred. That will put you in Trinidad North or Martinique 24-26 (I think). Those buildings are closest to the main pool.

If you want to request water view after booking preferred you could.

The main pool does have a zero depth entry place so it and the pirate ship (which is right next to the main pool) are your best bets for a 3 year old I'd say.

Ahhhh, now I understand. Thank you! The price was the same so if I change my reservation from a water/pool view to preferred am I gurarenteed to get close to main pool/food court? Or should I put in a request for it and keep my fingers crossed?

Again, thank you for your assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter