Carnival!

I got in at 700 error with pass got in at 1000 and d/c at 10:28 at number 48 in line. Just shoot me.

Well I've been stuck at 40 for the last 25 minutes and falling asleep here sitting up. Time for bed. I wish they would cancel the vmk pass when they close the rooms out.

OMG! I padded my quest time out to a little over 18 minutes and I still came in 16th place! I got 100 credits but was hoping for a red crate or Club 33 pin. People, the quest was the thing to do tonight.

Next time you see Fin, ask her politely about it. I crashed when Lily was trying to put a candy cauldron in my inventory once, and 4 days later she gave it to me! :) They are really awesome.

On a side note,..... DRUMROLL PLEASE.....

I made it into my FIRST yard sale! :banana: I got the yellow soldier, yay!

YAY for my sister Peasy Woot!!:banana: :banana: :cheer2: :cheer2: I just had to give a cheer! I am so proud of my little sister!LOL:hug:

Hmm - 3 hours in line. Got my pass 2 minutes after room opened. Never even saw the room. Did I mention I was 1000 something???

Carnival was a blow out for me tonight. Fun.

OMG! I padded my quest time out to a little over 18 minutes and I still came in 16th place! I got 100 credits but was hoping for a red crate or Club 33 pin. People, the quest was the thing to do tonight.

Aww! If only I could have made it into the room. :(

Oh well. Maybe next time. :)

DD: I know how you feel. I got in line not too long after you.

Well I got two people in and both got yellow soldiers so yay! I would've done the quest but I just know I would have gotten 100 credits each person and big whoop. I haven't been around long so I like getting stuff I did not have the chance to get when it was around the first time.

I only have one club33 pin though greedy tigger, LOL.

I agree that there is no reason to have all three in one room. Even put the ride through and quest in one and sale in another. Maybe some mysterious person is reading this and will consider that for next week. Oh or put the quest at the "Q" have a ride through room and sale room.

Okay that is all.

-Stacey

So I got on vmk around the same time as start of host game, heard some other friends were trying for host game, so i thought why not. I got in line (vmk pass) at near 300, very slow line even almost crash once too. After an hour a group of friends just started to hang out in mansion lobby in fear of dc/crash.

So i was finally able to get in after 2 1/2 hrs. in line, saw the room load then OMG got kick back out to the end of queue :scared1: I could not believe it, it would have been better if I had gotten the chance to play and then lost...but to not even get the chance after that long wait, I'm so angry (I had other words that came to mind, but can't repeat them).

That's my spiel of disbelief of vmk. :sad2:

I did not do or push any unnecessary things/buttons and was careful to do everything by the book. Anybody else had this happen to them tonite or some other time?

I also put in feedback to the black hole, not that I'm expecting an answer but at least vmk knows about it.

I'm sorry so many people didn't get into the room. That's part of the reason I chose to do the quest. I knew I had a good chance of winning something and it would get me out of the room faster. If Fin had been selling red crates, I would have visited the yard sale. The yard sale items I was interested in were the red dreidel chair, the green candy cane and the yellow soldier. I already have at least one of each of those so I opted for the quest.

Fin could speed up the yard sale by offering fewer items then having you enter a teleporter to "win" the item you planned to buy. The teleporters could be labeled with pictures and by having the item posted right below or above them. Simple and speedy solution. If she can't set up the rooms to automatically award the individual prizes, then she can use a quest machine with a single task to award the prizes like other players do.

Honestly I have only had that happen when I go to room list, click on room and then enter room. Then when it shows the room I am currently in again I think it did not work and I go to list, click room, and enter room a second time. When I have done that I get kicked back.

Now as scary as it is, I click the room, click enter and wait. I see myself standing where I was before search, and wait. Sometimes I go back to thinking maybe it didn't work, but I stop myself and then finally the queue screen loads. It's a very tense minute or two wondering if it got your click, LOL.

-Stacey

I'm sorry so many people didn't get into the room. That's part of the reason I chose to do the quest. I knew I had a good chance of winning something and it would get me out of the room faster. If Fin had been selling red crates, I would have visited the yard sale. The yard sale items I was interested in were the red dreidel chair, the green candy cane and the yellow soldier. I already have at least one of each of those so I opted for the quest.

Fin could speed up the yard sale by offering fewer items then having you enter a teleporter to "win" the item you planned to buy. The teleporters could be labeled with pictures and by having the item posted right below or above them. Simple and speedy solution. If she can't set up the rooms to automatically award the individual prizes, then she can use a quest machine with a single task to award the prizes like other players do.

Why not use the new EPCOT turnstile to charge just before you go through a "winning" transporter? seems like that would speed things up :)

Honestly I have only had that happen when I go to room list, click on room and then enter room. Then when it shows the room I am currently in again I think it did not work and I go to list, click room, and enter room a second time. When I have done that I get kicked back.

Now as scary as it is, I click the room, click enter and wait. I see myself standing where I was before search, and wait. Sometimes I go back to thinking maybe it didn't work, but I stop myself and then finally the queue screen loads. It's a very tense minute or two wondering if it got your click, LOL.

-Stacey

I've heard of that, I know I waited a bit before trying to leave. I just find this maddening.

Why not use the new EPCOT turnstile to charge just before you go through a "winning" transporter? seems like that would speed things up :)

Yes, that would make sense. I assumed the turnstile would be involved since she already uses one. I'm just trying to figure out how she can make the delivery of the prize more efficient but in a way that doesn't cause people to somehow not get the item they bought.

But the more I think about it, the stronger my opinion is that there should only be one activity per host room. Walt Disney did all sorts of research into line management and one thing he learned is the more choices you offer, the slower the line will move. That's why Disney fast food eateries offer so few choices. VMK needs to use this info for their events and activities. The host events are so short and can't accommodate many people so VMK needs to eliminate the, "Um, what should I do?" factor from the line.

This event's line moved slowly because first we had to choose between three very different options. Then most chose the yard sale. Then we all had to wait behind the yard sale line as those people made their choice from the yard sale items. Once again, I suggest if there is going to be a choice of activities, the event should be set up so that choice is made before anyone enters a line for a room. That means putting each activity in its own room and we choose which room we want to enter.

Next time you see Fin, ask her politely about it. I crashed when Lily was trying to put a candy cauldron in my inventory once, and 4 days later she gave it to me! :) They are really awesome.

On a side note,..... DRUMROLL PLEASE.....

I made it into my FIRST yard sale! :banana: I got the yellow soldier, yay!

My daughter's character made it in just before closing and Phinny said she would check things. About ten minutes after the room closed, I saw my yellow soldier in my inventory. I'm so happy and that was so nice of her to do. :goodvibes Congrats on getting your yellow soldier too!

I just left room. 99% of the players were in yard sale line. No one did ride through and only one person went to quest machine.

Sounds like a poorly run event in my opinion (just an opinion here). If that is really what was happening, then it would make more sense to open three rooms: 1 for the yard sale, 1 for the ride and 1 for the quest machine. :confused3

My daughter tried last night and got in the line with well over 1000. Sorry but that is a little absurd in my opinion. While I like some of the prizes and would love to have a club 33 pin, I do not think I have the patience to sit and wait for the "possibility" of getting in the room before it is over. My kids on the other really want some of the stuff and get disappointed time and time again.

I managed to get into line at 185 or so, so I was able to get into the room.
I jumped into a line too quickly. I was initially going to try the yard sale,
but I jumped into the ride line in error.

But, I hadn't gotten the Club 33 pin yet, so that worked for me, and it helped
another player get into the room that much sooner.

So I suggest, if this room pops up again, and anyone wants the Club 33 pin,
they should jump into the ride. It will move the line that much fast for
everyone else.

Of course, the percentage of players who actually read this is very low,
but I can still encourage. :)

I got in line at about 375 (seconds after it opened) and just made it in at about 11:25. There is no point of having a line with over 1,000 people in it. You definitely are not getting in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter