• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CCV vs BLT ?

Better SAP+ to purchase?

• CCV

• BLT

• Other (post)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chili327

DIS Veteran
I’ve been on the CCV train for months now, but the more I watch videos and think about the transportation options (especially to other parks) I’m starting to like the idea of even cheaper dues and better transportation option to Epcot.
Is cheaper dues better than more points for availability? (Lake view BLT)

Basically this is just for fun, I always have my eye out for both contracts, but I think it comes down to Transportation vs Geyser Point. ;)

We just went through this decision and went with BLT. Reasons - price (got a very good deal on BLT - $120 per point for 100 points), walk to MK can't be beat, lake view rooms guaranteed at 11 months, monorail line, fireworks viewing area, and there is always the boat after 3pm to WL (or a walk to MK and boat over beforehand). While I love Geyser Point, I also love the variety of food options available at the Contemporary and on the monorail line. Whispering Canyon and Artist Point are great but not must dos for us.

We do not plan on visiting much in December, so the appeal of WL at the holidays was a factor but less important personally to us.

That being said, I now wish I had points at both - and I am a brand new DVC member who is yet to even use my BLT points. 🤣

I voted other, which more specifically is “too close to call.” I think the location/transit of BLT is superior, but the setting of WL itself is nicer.

With the extremely important disclaimer that I have never stayed at either resort, my instinct would be that park warriors (or firework fanatics?) would be happier at BLT, but people who tend to spend more than an hour a day at the resort itself, might prefer Wilderness Lodge… I don’t recall ever seeing BLT pools featured in any Disney pools list, but the ones at WL look very nice.

Last edited:

BLT - $120
Yep, that kind of price can tip the scale for sure!! (I’m looking at about $140-ish)

I voted BLT - not sure why except location - now if you’d said BLT vs WL/ BRV - I’d pick BRV.
Yea, I just sold my BRV, but I would definitely stay there again if available at 7mo.

I voted other, which more specifically is “too close to call.” I think the location/transit of BLT is superior, but the setting of WL itself is nicer.

With the extremely important disclaimer that I have never stayed at either resort, my instinct would be that park warriors (or firework fanatics?) would be happier at BLT, but people who tend to spend more than an hour a day at the resort itself, might prefer Wilderness Lodge… I don’t recall ever seeing BLT pools featured in any Disney pools list, but the ones at WL look very nice.
True, I’m new to WDW, but not new to Disney, so I’m not sure if I’m more park or resort type… yet. I truly loved hanging at the resort, but of course loved the parks too, so we’ll just have to see how that pans out down the road. I’m definitely more “vibes over rides” though.

It may ultimately come down to what contracts are available when the time comes to purchase. Great price, perfect UY, great amount of points, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_2356.jpeg
    IMG_2356.jpeg
    27.3 KB · Views: 3
A little confused. SAP are generally the cheapest you can find considering purchase and dues to be used anywhere. You're describing staying at the actual resorts themselves and the qualities vs cost aren't you?

I originally was team CCV over BLT 100% but after staying at BLT I think I may actually opt for that. The walk from BLT to MK is unmatched. Also those MK views 👌. The only thing that gives me pause is if you’re planning to book studios predominantly, lake view studios are readily available at 7 months and the difference in points between lake and standard view is not that significant for studios which makes home resort priority less important. However, if you plan to book 1BRs to get that extra bathroom, the difference between standard and lake view matters more. The 1BRs at CCV also only hold 4 so keep that in mind. IMO if you’re going to book studios predominantly, get CCV for home priority for the holidays. If booking 1BR+, I’d go for BLT.

Last edited:
For me, proximity/ability to walk to the parks is weighted pretty high…but even with that I could never pick BLT over CCV. Maybe I’ve gone at strange times, but the vibe at BLT/Contemporary always feels so frenzied…not what I’m looking for on vacation.

So if I was making this decision for someone else, I’d go BLT…but for me, no question CCV.

(Disclaimer: I own CCV to use exclusively in late December, when we spend less time in the parks. Doubtful I would have entertained CCV for other trips throughout the year, even though the property is amazing.)

I originally was team CCV over BLT 100% but after staying at BLT I think I may actually opt for that. The walk from BLT to MK is unmatched. Also those MK views 👌. The only thing that gives me pause is if you’re planning to book studios predominantly, lake view studios are readily available at 7 months and the difference in points between lake and standard view is not that significant for studios which makes home resort priority less important. However, if you plan to book 1BRs to get that extra bathroom, the difference between standard and lake view matters more. The 1BRs at CCV also only hold 4 so keep that in mind. IMO if you’re going to book studios predominantly, get CCV for home priority for the holidays. If booking 1BR+, I’d go for BLT.
I know I’m biased but is the walk from BLT really that much shorter than GFV? I did both yesterday and I’d much prefer GVF since you don’t have to cross that intersection…also the walk along the water is so serene! (Agree on the views - no contest there!)

Here are the factors I would take in to account and which one I think has the edge in each:

Cost per point: around equal at the moment, but CCV has a slight edge due to the longer contract. I would give this to CCV owing to the fact that you will likely have more residual value if you come to sell.

Points chart: not much between them, but CCV again has the edge for the times of year I like to visit. At some point in the future, post 2042, both BLT and CCV points charts will be very desirable.

Rentability: I would give this one to CCV at the moment, having experienced renting both. BLT has fallen out of favour, but this may change once the refurb takes place.

Rooms/location: down to personal preference, I love both, but have a family of 3 so the ability to sleep 5 and have an extra bathroom isn’t important to me. If you have 5 then it has to be BLT unless you are a 2 bedroom family.

Value of home resort priority: I think this goes to CCV. Purely due to the fact that even with 11 month booking at BLT is it extremely difficult to get standard view studios right at the 11 month mark, probably due to year round walking. If you remove that category then the other BLT options don’t rely on home resort booking so much.

There is one slight downside for CCV (potentially) which is that after 2065, CCV resale points effectively become restricted to only CCV as I imagine that it will be the only ‘non-restricted’ resort remaining. However that is way too far in the future for me to worry about.

Overall my vote goes to CCV.

No offense to BLT owners. Walkability is a HUGE advantage! And Cali Grill and MK views are hard to beat.

BUT, I didn't see quality of the rooms on here. For me, staying at BLT is like sleeping at a Holiday Inn, maybe even slightly less than that. The quality of the room is vastly different than most/maybe all off the deluxe resorts. Maybe that doesn't matter to everyone...totally understandable. Maybe the refurb improves this, but it would have to be substantial IMO.

CCV 100%, mostly because of the cabins!

Last edited:
No offense to BLT owners. Walkability is a HUGE advantage! And Cali Grill and MK views are hard to beat.

BUT, I didn't see quality of the rooms on here. For me, staying at BLT is like sleeping at a Holiday Inn, maybe even slightly less than that. The quality of the room is vastly different than most/maybe all off the deluxe resorts. Maybe that doesn't matter to everyone...totally understandable. Maybe the refurb improves this, but it would have to be substantial IMO.

I did think about the room quality, but with BLT’s refurb coming up next year and getting murphy beds soon I didn’t make it a negative. The thing I would dock BLT on is the theming which obviously CCV blows it out of the water on.

I actually consider the cabins a negative for CCV because those are easy to get at 7 months and realistically just make it more difficult to book studios at 11 months even though the cabins themselves are some of the best DVC rooms among all properties.

I know I’m biased but is the walk from BLT really that much shorter than GFV? I did both yesterday and I’d much prefer GVF since you don’t have to cross that intersection…also the walk along the water is so serene! (Agree on the views - no contest there!)
Idk, to me it did feel a good amount shorter although VGF’s walk is more scenic, I value BLT’s closer proximity at the end of the night after fireworks when my feet are killing me. I had to rush back to VGF from MK to make a flight and pretty much ran that route.. and I wish it was as short as the walk to BLT.

I don’t think we’ve discussed it before, but I feel like “ease of renting” is also a good “plus factor” for SAP+, because in the event you can’t use them easily, being able to rent easily is very helpful.
Definitely should factor in to SAP+

lake view studios are readily available at 7 months
home resort priority: I think this goes to CCV.
Yes, this was always a big factor for CCV / SAP+

Walkability is a HUGE advantage!
monorail to Epcot
Yes, walkability and monorail to Epcot are both big factors for BLT.!!

I think you can’t really go wrong with either, and the poll results are proof.

Last week I took the monorail to BLT from Poly mid morning (Saturday) to check it out. The pools at Contemporary and BLT were nice and quiet. The entire back side of blt was quiet and serene with the lake. So nice. Yes, minimum theming. Completely opposite from poly, where we stayed.
Another reason I bought BLT is because I am in the habit of buying the MK dessert party so I can enjoy the fireworks without the crowds. In the future, I plan to stop buying the party access and watch from blt. Also- monorail 🚝. Also we love it at BRV. We’re lake people.

Pool, hot tub, theming, rentability of points, more "resort" feel without crowds, size of rooms, feel of rooms, and modestly-priced food mostly favor CCV. CCV can be had for around $130 PP if you look.

Monorail, walkability to MK, lake- and theme-park-views, mid-to-upper-end food, and slightly lower member fees (by 50 cents PP) favor BLT. BLT can be had for around $120 PP if you look.

Both resorts have plusses. Personally, I'd go CCV--largely because I like to feel away from the crowds at the hotel. Also I think the pool and bar areas are much nicer at CC V. And you can easily boat back and forth between CCV and the Contemporary between 3pm and 10:45pm if you want something better for dinner. The 11-month advantage at either resort mostly only matters at peak times, such as spring break and Christmas.

I’m honestly surprised BLT is ahead in the polls. For a long time BLT was talked down about for it’s lack of theming. CCV was always hyped up because of holiday decorations, Geyser Point and etc. but you know what they say when buying property.. location location location.

(Disclaimer: I own CCV to use exclusively in late December, when we spend less time in the parks. Doubtful I would have entertained CCV for other trips throughout the year, even though the property is amazing.)
I think VGF and CCV/BRV/WL are the two most gorgeous resorts for winter holidays. Very different vibe, but by the time we had occasion to consider CCV, we already had points at VGF. When we are in the area (usually VGF) at that time of year, we always schedule at least one dinner at CCV to enjoy the decorations.
The walk is serene but not in the heat, and not when you're in a hurry. And the boat home to VGF is more serene. :)

If the refurb includes Murphy beds, then we'll be 3/3 on home resorts with Murphy beds, for a reason. I hope the decor goes a little deeper into midcentury "contemporary" aesthetic - sort of the way the hotel got an Incredibles makeover. Not saying it has to be full Disney IP makeover, but I feel like BLT will still get the haters (but I would like it): either it's "too much Disney IP" or it's "too bland".
Idk, to me it did feel a good amount shorter although VGF’s walk is more scenic, I value BLT’s closer proximity at the end of the night after fireworks when my feet are killing me. I had to rush back to VGF from MK to make a flight and pretty much ran that route.. and I wish it was as short as the walk to BLT.
100%. I've done the VGF walk and each time it is loong. While being able to walk is definitely a selling point, especially if you're pushing a double stroller around, monorail to MK and boat home is now our preferred way of getting to/from VGF since we are out of strollers. If that walking path had been there when we first bought in to DVC, we'd have looked a lot closer at VGF (also because we used to walk from VGF to Poly to TTC for Epcot). We walk a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter