Celebration of Harry Potter Films, Nov 11-13, at Islands of Adventure

I've done a ton of these sort of Potter events and the Premier packages were fairly priced for what is being given. If you added the private gala on Saturday to that package the price would've probably been close to double of what people paid. I did the Silver Star Gala a few years back where there was a party with the Potter cast(which was basically a huge media event like Saturday's Gala appears to be) and just for that one night it was $1200 a person. That did not include hotel or anything else, just a ticket into the event with dinner and drinks and no autographs.

For the price of the Premier packages they've included quite a lot, especially considering this is a Potter event. The reason the one contest includes the Saturday event too is most likely because the contest is being ran by Warner Brothers, not Universal and with Saturday being all about the media and the DVD release aspect, I'm pretty sure WB is in charge of all aspects of that night.

I've done a ton of these sort of Potter events and the Premier packages were fairly priced for what is being given. If you added the private gala on Saturday to that package the price would've probably been close to double of what people paid. I did the Silver Star Gala a few years back where there was a party with the Potter cast(which was basically a huge media event like Saturday's Gala appears to be) and just for that one night it was $1200 a person. That did not include hotel or anything else, just a ticket into the event with dinner and drinks and no autographs.

For the price of the Premier packages they've included quite a lot, especially considering this is a Potter event. The reason the one contest includes the Saturday event too is most likely because the contest is being ran by Warner Brothers, not Universal and with Saturday being all about the media and the DVD release aspect, I'm pretty sure WB is in charge of all aspects of that night.

That is so true. I am happy with what we are getting. What I'm wishing is that we had more information. It is hard waiting ya know...even just 2 more days. :rotfl:

How is everyone holding up? My DD and her partner are headed out on Thur for the grand celebration!

Hope you all have great weather, short lines and LOTS OF FUN!!

How is everyone holding up? My DD and her partner are headed out on Thur for the grand celebration!

Hope you all have great weather, short lines and LOTS OF FUN!!

Not sure about anyone else, but I am about going crazy wanting to leave right now!! :eek:

Not sure about anyone else, but I am about going crazy wanting to leave right now!! :eek:

I know my DD is just about crazy too! She luckily got out of the house and went to a concert last night. Has not made it home yet! I am soooo excited for all of you! I am not a huge Harry Potter fan but I know what it is like to wait for something and finally see it come true!

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!! SAFE TRAVELS EVERYONE!!

I know my DD is just about crazy too! She luckily got out of the house and went to a concert last night. Has not made it home yet! I am soooo excited for all of you! I am not a huge Harry Potter fan but I know what it is like to wait for something and finally see it come true!

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!! SAFE TRAVELS EVERYONE!!

Thank you! I would not be going to this event if my mother was not such a huge fan. She has been so excited about this. She even agreed to fly(she has never flown and is terrified, but decided she would face her fear for this). I am sure we will all be posting pics when we return from Hogwarts!

the full cast list for the event has been announced!
• rupert grint(ron weasley)
• david heyman(producer)
• david yates(director)
• david barron(producer)
• james phelps (fred weasley)
• oliver phelps (george weasley)
• jason isaacs (lucius malfoy)
• mark williams (arthur weasley)
• evanna lynch (luna lovegood)
• katie leung (cho chang)
• alfie enoch (dean thomas)
• devon murray (seamus finnigan)
• stanislav ianevski (viktor krum)
• nick moran (scabior)
• warwick davis (flitwick/griphook)
• domhnall gleeson (bill weasley)
• david bradley (argus filch)
• george harris (kingsley shacklebolt)
• jessie cave (lavender brown)

jealous!!!! ;)

I JUST now joined this site to speak about the upcoming events! My boyfriend and I have the premiere package and we're SO excited (hes not that huge of a HP fan as I am but cannot wait to go regardless)! I'm a full time college student and nothing will stand in the way of this trip! I cannot believe the lineup...wow! I just wish Emma and Dan were here, then it will be complete!
I agree with everyone when you say how little information they gave us regarding the packages. Considering it's just my boyfriend and I, I became VERY overwhelmed with all the lack of info but with the help of some friends and others going, I now feel reassured.
I hope everyone has a great time and take many, many photos (I bought a pack of 25 batteries just for this event)!

Finishing up the packing tonight. I almost forgot to put my butterbeer mug in the suitcase which would've been sad. Can not wait to get out of work tomorrow and officially be on vacation. Plus I just got invited to a special performance of How to Succeed the day after I get back(15th) which includes meeting Dan Radcliffe so it's like extending the Celebration.:rotfl:

Finishing up the packing tonight. I almost forgot to put my butterbeer mug in the suitcase which would've been sad. Can not wait to get out of work tomorrow and officially be on vacation. Plus I just got invited to a special performance of How to Succeed the day after I get back(15th) which includes meeting Dan Radcliffe so it's like extending the Celebration.:rotfl:

Oh my gosh, lucky you! Congrats! You will be so busy, but it'll be worth it!

I never thought about bringing my cup! How much would the refills with that be?

What are you planning on taking, basics wise? I just want to double check everything I have because I feel like I'm missing stuff :\

What are you planning on taking, basics wise? I just want to double check everything I have because I feel like I'm missing stuff :\

I'm packing mainly capris, 4 Potter shirts and two pairs of shoes and bringing my Tri-wizard track jacket in case it get chilly. Basically just bringing Potter stuff since that's what I'm there for.:thumbsup2 Just make sure you have all your camera stuff, chargers, medicines ect.

If you have a butterbeer mug from a previous trip, bring it along. It's makes butterbeer slightly cheaper plus gets you $.89 refills on soda in both parks and things such as pear cider, tea and pumpkin juice in the Three Broomsticks.

I'm packing mainly capris, 4 Potter shirts and two pairs of shoes and bringing my Tri-wizard track jacket in case it get chilly. Basically just bringing Potter stuff since that's what I'm there for.:thumbsup2 Just make sure you have all your camera stuff, chargers, medicines ect.

If you have a butterbeer mug from a previous trip, bring it along. It's makes butterbeer slightly cheaper plus gets you $.89 refills on soda in both parks and things such as pear cider, tea and pumpkin juice in the Three Broomsticks.

I'm trying to bring a lot of nice cardigans and some potter stuff. I stocked up on medicine and batteries!
Yeah, I have my cup from when I went last and never thought about bringing it, but thank you for that suggestion!
I read that they won't let you dress up/wear a costume. Seems kinda ridiculous....

I'm trying to bring a lot of nice cardigans and some potter stuff. I stocked up on medicine and batteries!
Yeah, I have my cup from when I went last and never thought about bringing it, but thank you for that suggestion!
I read that they won't let you dress up/wear a costume. Seems kinda ridiculous....

They don't allow costumes for several reasons. Such as to not confuse guests who may think someone in costume is actually a TM, and also so you do not have a guest dressed up as Hagrid or something signing autographs or posing for pictures. I have seen plenty of people wear their Hogwarts robes and even met a lovely group of guests who wore their own witch/wizard gear with nothing said to them. I think it's just full on Potter costumes that could get you spoken to.

They don't allow costumes for several reasons. Such as to not confuse guests who may think someone in costume is actually a TM, and also so you do not have a guest dressed up as Hagrid or something signing autographs or posing for pictures. I have seen plenty of people wear their Hogwarts robes and even met a lovely group of guests who wore their own witch/wizard gear with nothing said to them. I think it's just full on Potter costumes that could get you spoken to.

Now that you say it, it makes complete sense. They just either seem too firm or too loose with their information. I'm just excited to leave tomorrow (technically today)! I am a bundle of nerves but I have to remind myself that it's all good fun. The last time I went was opening day and we had to fight to get where we wanted to go and do stuff, now not so much.

Now that you say it, it makes complete sense. They just either seem too firm or too loose with their information. I'm just excited to leave tomorrow (technically today)! I am a bundle of nerves but I have to remind myself that it's all good fun. The last time I went was opening day and we had to fight to get where we wanted to go and do stuff, now not so much.

Since we can go in at 6 am crowds shouldn't be a big issue this time:cool1:
I have not been there so being able to go in early without worrying about the crowds is going to make this trip even better!

Since we can go in at 6 am crowds shouldn't be a big issue this time:cool1:
I have not been there so being able to go in early without worrying about the crowds is going to make this trip even better!

I am going to be so tired but I wont even care because I'll be running on adrenaline the whole time! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter