• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Celebrity Big Brother renewed for a second season

I also wanted to add, the jury members are allowed to go home and watch on TV and then go back to vote like they did in the early years. Those of us who have watched from the beginning know the reason they stopped that is because Danielle in Season 3 lost because of what the jury members watched at home. Not sure I like that they are going to be allowed to go home, I mean the whole season is 3 weeks, it's not like they would be holed up in the jury house that long.

I also wanted to add, the jury members are allowed to go home and watch on TV and then go back to vote like they did in the early years. Those of us who have watched from the beginning know the reason they stopped that is because Danielle in Season 3 lost because of what the jury members watched at home. Not sure I like that they are going to be allowed to go home, I mean the whole season is 3 weeks, it's not like they would be holed up in the jury house that long.

I've only seen the first night so far and I don't it matters if they go home or not, this seems pretty scripted to me. From Omarosa winning that first safety to the bad reading some of them are doing in the diary room.

I've actually been enjoying it. The hardest part of beginning BB, is not knowing anyone. I feel like I sort of at least know who everyone is with this short season.

I've only seen the first night so far and I don't it matters if they go home or not, this seems pretty scripted to me. From Omarosa winning that first safety to the bad reading some of them are doing in the diary room.

I actually found it not as scripted in the past, well except for the Omarosa thing. I think some may have scripted lines, but some obviously don't, like the line Ross said in the DR. I can't repeat it here, but you know CBS did not feed him that. I thought that line was hilarious by the way.

I don't think reality shows are actually "scripted", which would imply that the contestants are being told exactly what to say. I do, however, think these shows are "manipulated" by the producers. For example, Omarosa is good for ratings and it was clear that a lot of people might target her for the first eviction. So they had them stand on numbers, then made sure her number was picked for safety. As for the diary room, I think the producers ask leading questions to get the houseguests thinking the way they want. They have them rephrase their comments and shoot them several times until they get the footage they want to use. I also think that when the producers see someone leaning a certain way, they talk it over with them in the diary room. "So why do you want to evict X? Well, don't you think that X might be able to help you down the line when you try to evict Y?" I'm not sure that they tell them exactly what to do. I think that would be crossing a line since there is actual money at stake. But I do think the producers "guide" the houseguests toward whatever would help ratings and make the best drama. It's a TV show, so it really comes down to creating something people want to watch so that advertisers will buy commercial time.

On another note, I've never been an Omarosa fan. Quite the opposite in fact! But her conversation with Ross last night was very intriguing! I hope she spills more inside information before she's evicted.

I don't think reality shows are actually "scripted", which would imply that the contestants are being told exactly what to say. I do, however, think these shows are "manipulated" by the producers. For example, Omarosa is good for ratings and it was clear that a lot of people might target her for the first eviction. So they had them stand on numbers, then made sure her number was picked for safety. As for the diary room, I think the producers ask leading questions to get the houseguests thinking the way they want. They have them rephrase their comments and shoot them several times until they get the footage they want to use. I also think that when the producers see someone leaning a certain way, they talk it over with them in the diary room. "So why do you want to evict X? Well, don't you think that X might be able to help you down the line when you try to evict Y?" I'm not sure that they tell them exactly what to do. I think that would be crossing a line since there is actual money at stake. But I do think the producers "guide" the houseguests toward whatever would help ratings and make the best drama. It's a TV show, so it really comes down to creating something people want to watch so that advertisers will buy commercial time.

On another note, I've never been an Omarosa fan. Quite the opposite in fact! But her conversation with Ross last night was very intriguing! I hope she spills more inside information before she's evicted.

I agree with your point about reality shows but I don't think these celebrity versions are actually reality shows. I think there have been many contestants that talk about producers asking leading questions but there were some diary room sessions on Wednesday's show that the person was obviously reading from a cue card, Chuck Liddell had to be the worst.

I agree Mark does not look good. He was so hot back in the day and could probably still look good if he didn't mess with his face. Why do these celebs do that? Has anyone taken a look at Jamie Lee Curtis, that woman has aged gracefully and still looks beautiful and guess what, no work!

I've heard Omarosa is a pretty nice person, unlike the persona you saw on The Apprentice. I agree with the poster above about Brandi, honestly that woman needs help, not sure why BB would provide alcohol to someone who obviously has a problem with it. She ticked people off the first night they were there when she went on her drunken rant.

Also, Keisha is still breastfeeding for her baby, not sure if they are bringing the baby to her or someone is picking her milk up.

I thought I saw her with a breast pump. I hope they let her go in the dairy room and feed her baby and spend time with it.

Knew this girls alliance wouldn't pan out, they usually don't.

Omarosa is playing all of them, they all need to wake up and get her out.

*Usually when celebrities play reality games, they play for charities, guess this is not the case for BB.
And if Metta got $200,000 and self evicts he needs to return that money, there must be a contract and thats why he hits the button and then goes back in the house. :sad2:

It's like Metta isn't even in the game. He sure isn't getting much screen time. I started work so early yesterday, and I was tired for last night's show. I ended up falling asleep watching it!! I need to search for spoilers now.

So far, I really like Shannon.

So Omarosa has changed considerably from the evilness we saw on The Apprentice ... her boyfriend Michael Clark Duncan (Green Mile -loved him) died a few years ago, and I understand left her most of his estate. After his heart attack (which he never recovered from) - she said they were engaged.... she is an ordained minister and last year married the minister of a church. I don't know if she is an internet pastor or whatever, but her husband is a legit pastor. From a large church in my home town.

I have a confession. I didn't think that I would like this season but I am enjoying it so far. I was expecting prima donna's running around in their designer clothes. Pretty much only Omarosa is doing that with the exception of her jammies. The HG's seem to be true BB fans and know how to play. That surprised me as well.

Mark looks terrible!! He was so handsome back in the day and now he looks like Max Headroom with the bad blond hair and even worse fillers/botox/work done to his face.

I was thinking the same thing. Celebrities need to stop thinking that botox etc helps their looks.

I have a confession. I didn't think that I would like this season but I am enjoying it so far. I was expecting prima donna's running around in their designer clothes. Pretty much only Omarosa is doing that with the exception of her jammies. The HG's seem to be true BB fans and know how to play. That surprised me as well.

I was thinking the same thing. Celebrities need to stop thinking that botox etc helps their looks.

I'm also enjoying it. I think the condensed version helps a lot. I wish they would shorten the regular season to maybe 2 months, I think it would be more enjoyable.

I loved Metta's eviction vote, I literally laughed out loud. He had no clue Julie was there talking to him :tongue:

I really hope Shannon can hold it together. I would love to see her and Ross in the final 2 with her winning. Things should be more exciting now since Omarsoa was screwed over.

After that early conversation/confrontation regarding whether Omarosa and Keisha's situations supporting controversial men in their lives were similar, I figured they'd be on opposite sides when the all girl alliance fractured. Interesting that the fracture happened so soon, and that Omarosa and Keisha teamed up so quickly. Love that they didn't get their way!

I like Shannon, but think she may have played too hard right out of the gate. Everyone knows she has the potential to be a beast in both physical and mental challenges now, so huge target on her back.

It will be interesting to see what James does with his reprieve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter