Celebrity sightings at WDW Resorts...

:earseek:

I like this thread......I'd love to see some more replies!

Several years ago I took my youngest DD with me to WDW for a work meeting. We were staying at the BC and the Christmas decorations had just been put up in the lobby. Of course the BC had a Christmas tree with Ariel and seashell decorations, very lovely. So we decide to wander over to the YC and look at their tree. I am gazing at the tree when my DD says very softly, "Mom there's Arnold and Maria!" So I had to walk around the tree another time and look at them as they sat in the lobby bar for an evening refreshment and Arnold smoking a large cigar. We just smiled at them and he winked and acknowledged us.
My other celebrity sighting was at Typhoon Lagoon where I swam next to Paul Sorvino, whom I recognized but the rest of my family didn't have a clue.

While staying at the BWI this past April, my two daughters saw the girl who starred in remake of The Parent Trap -- Lindsay Lohan -- a couple of times at the quiet pool and in the lobby. I don't know if I would recognize her. She's probably changed since that movie was made.

We just got back from the Contemporary and the Wonder and while I have no idea what he looks like so I have no idea if I saw him or not I do know that Keshawn (sp?) Johnson (a football player?) was at the Contemporary and on the Wonder at the same time as me. Also, while on the bus to the Contemporary they had to stop the bus because of the Vice-Presidental caravan, or whatever it is called, drove by, plus while we were at MK, they were filming a comercial.

A few years ago I was walking on the grounds of the GF with my sister as the sun was setting. It was a glorious Florida night. We were deep in conversation as we were walking and we noticed that there were three people partially blocking the sidewalk up ahead of us. As we approached them I could see that it was one woman and two men. They moved out of the way and said, “Good evening,” to us as we passed. We paused our conversation long enough to say, “Good evening,” back. As we passed them my sister whispered to me, “Did you see who that was?!!” I said, “No.” She said, “That was Jim Neighbors.” For some reason I didn’t really hear the name that she spoke and I thought she was talking about some sort of sports coach or something. She looked at me in disbelief and said more loudly, “That was JIM NEIGHBORS!” I just gave her a blank stare and glanced back at the people who we had just passed. She then said, “Well, gowl-ly!” At that my mind suddenly kicked into gear. I could see Jim Neighbors just beam the cutest smile because, of course, he heard what my sister said. He seemed happy that someone noticed him and remembered him. My sister and I just giggled and continued on our way down the path.

I am mad . I have never seen a celeb @ WDW. I feel left out.

Hahahaha.

I'll do some more intense looking next trip!!

yes that was the football player. We were on the monorail with him from MK to Contemporary. He was with his family. We were sitting right across them on the monorail. We left mk to go to Contemporary for Chef mickeys. And yes we saw the presidential cars when we were staying at the dolphin.:D

in the early 60's [yes that long ago] my family was there for the opening of its a small world and i got to meet and shake hands with the man himself[[[[[ WALT DISNEY]]]]]. we were in epcot for new years eve 99 when we saw m.eisner walk by with all his body guards just to see if he could do it my son ran up to eisner and picked him up and said happy new year brother.body guards asked him to put mr.eisner down.very funny my son is 6'4'' and has dreadlocks down past his shoulders quite a sight to behold,

Dudlee - you shook hands with THE WALTSTER?? I am not worthy! What a cool :smooth: memory!
When we were at the AKL last month, I kept hearing that Patrick Ewing was staying there along with a huge bodyguard, but I never saw him :( .

Saw Marie Osmond at Boardwalk area in June 2001....very nice, very beautiful.....love the picture...

On the first day of our trip in November of '99, N'SYNC was doing a concert for the Christmas television special. Now, this is when they were pretty big, but not HUGE stars like they are now. Although we were fans, we didn't want to sit around and wait for the concert to start as we just got there and wanted to look around.

Well, later that week, my husband and I were walking amongst the "tombstones" in front of spaceship earth and we see Joey about two feet from us. Then we look and see the rest of the group along with a couple of big bodyguards. They headed to the turnstyles and sat there and waited awhile. We went out of the turnstyles and sat on a bench right behind them and watched the scene unfold. A section was roped off right in front of the turnstyles and they were getting ready to do a segment for the television special. Girls were crowding around the rope asking for autographs and the guys were SOOO gracious, posing for pictures, signing autographs, playing with the crowd. J.C. was eating lunch from Cantina de San Angel while all of this was going on. They were so good with the crowd and we were so impressed. We couldn't wait to come home and tell our preteen babysitters that we saw N'SYNC up close and personal!

I've only had one encounter with a celeb in all of my visits to WDW. My sisters and I were just exiting the gift shop across from the Tomorrow land speedway when we saw Tyra Banks surrounded by body guards & apparently headed for an "exit" She was nice enough to stop and sign some autographs for a few girls that had stopped her before she could make her escape. :D

We saw Rebecca Lobo, from the NY Liberty, at the CSR. She was there for a charity function. The Children's Miracle network

We were at Animal Kingdom about a month after it's grand opening and saw Robin Williams exiting the park while we were entering.

A few years ago my family was at Planet Hollwood waiting to be seated.We were by the front door just hanging out.All of a sudden everybody was pushe aside and we knew somebody big was coming in,couldn't see who it was until we were seated;it was pauly shore."Son in Law."I guess were we bad we videotaped him eating,but he couldn't se us!:p

Yes, Patrick Ewing was at AKL with Alonzo Mornning(spelling?). We saw them often. They are some TALL men!!!

I count this as a kind of celebrity sighting....last month as we were checking into the Yacht Club, Vice President Cheney and his entourage were departing - we couldn't get anywhere near, but he darted right in the limo. It was fun to know we were staying the same place at the VP.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter