Check your email! Merch Pass Superthread!

I was surprised it was open. When indoor malls first reopened, they didn’t get a chance to open up before the July shutdown. Glad they are open now!

not merch pass related: they also had the Gingerbread pillows, both Mickey and Minnie! They were going fast though!
The store in Torrance was open during that couple week period so I did check that one out.

Sort of related: someone in a collectors group was not wise and made it too easy to find they're using bots to get MMMA and other highly sought after Disney products. I may have sent the relevant information to shopDisney customer service :rolleyes1

They tried to deny they're using bots (claimed "fast fingers"), but their Twitter was filled with screenshots of the bots they're using and how easy it makes their life to get items to resell. Not sure Disney will be able to do anything, but I felt a little better reporting at least one person who's cheating.

In other news, my Pluto key arrived in an unpadded mailer bag and received minor damage :(. Creases and frayed edges of cardboard for the most part. I've contacted customer service since limited edition merch can't be exchanged in store (I even double checked to be sure they wouldn't). It's at least not mangled like I've seen some receive, but it's not a box I would have ever picked up off the shelf and bought. And returning it means I'm out the shipping. But I feel silly complaining about minor issues when The Email and The Call exist for so many CMs.
It's got to be the only reason we are not able to get the PP and KAC mini back packs when they show up on the site. I'm sure only a few, or maybe just one, at a time become available and the bots are grabbing them before we can even get them in our bags let alone through check-out. I don't see Disney doing a darn thing about it. A sale is a sale. Finding the culprits would take time and money. Sorry to be showing such a pessimistic side, but it just doesn't seem feasible they'd pursue it. Did they really pursue the resellers buying with AP discounts to any degree after they threatened to pull their passes? I don't think so, at least I didn't see much evidence of that. I could be wrong of course.

I'm just happy when one of us scores any item these days, because it means one of those bots didn't get it.

It's got to be the only reason we are not able to get the PP and KAC mini back packs when they show up on the site. I'm sure only a few, or maybe just one, at a time become available and the bots are grabbing them before we can even get them in our bags let alone through check-out. I don't see Disney doing a darn thing about it. A sale is a sale. Finding the culprits would take time and money. Sorry to be showing such a pessimistic side, but it just doesn't seem feasible they'd pursue it. Did they really pursue the resellers buying with AP discounts to any degree after they threatened to pull their passes? I don't think so, at least I didn't see much evidence of that. I could be wrong of course.

I'm just happy when one of us scores any item these days, because it means one of those bots didn't get it.

Er, they did and do revoke APs of those who violate their contracts. That's not a rumor or empty threat and it happens more than people think. There's been several first hand accounts of people getting their APs revoked for such reasons and beyond. It's a big reason I'm very careful with my AP and my actions with anything involving Disney.

They may do nothing in this particular case, but I've given them the information they need to start from. The person also appears to be a Passholder for the purposes of reselling merch so that's one option for consequences they could impose if they find there's enough proof to support it.

I do know when I reported all those eBay listings for account access on MerchPass that eBay took many of them down. Some still slipped through, sadly, but several of the ones I was watching to see what happened were removed. While not Disney directly, it's another bright spot of some justice.

It's not much, but I'm trying to help keep things fair with my small efforts to out the cheaters.

Er, they did and do revoke APs of those who violate their contracts. That's not a rumor or empty threat and it happens more than people think. There's been several first hand accounts of people getting their APs revoked for such reasons and beyond. It's a big reason I'm very careful with my AP and my actions with anything involving Disney.

They may do nothing in this particular case, but I've given them the information they need to start from. The person also appears to be a Passholder for the purposes of reselling merch so that's one option for consequences they could impose if they find there's enough proof to support it.

I do know when I reported all those eBay listings for account access on MerchPass that eBay took many of them down. Some still slipped through, sadly, but several of the ones I was watching to see what happened were removed. While not Disney directly, it's another bright spot of some justice.

It's not much, but I'm trying to help keep things fair with my small efforts to out the cheaters.
Good to hear!

I really don't understand how they were accomplishing those listings for account access. I saw several of them. How can you set up a shopDisney account without an address and credit card number? Were they all just Guest accounts? How can a Guest account qualify for Merch Pass? I'm so confused...

Good to hear!

I really don't understand how they were accomplishing those listings for account access. I saw several of them. How can you set up a shopDisney account without an address and credit card number? Were they all just Guest accounts? How can a Guest account qualify for Merch Pass? I'm so confused...

Basically seller gives the buyer the login (email and password) and the buyer inputs address and credit card. All you need is an email to sign up for an account which is how all these cheaters are getting away with things by creating multiple accounts with different emails. Address quantity limits are likely partially imposed because of Disney knowing this :(

I did read some negative reviews where sellers were trying to scam buyers out of credit card info :crazy2:

I don't get the mindset honestly. I feel a little guilty that I enter MerchPass on my account and my mom's and those are both legit accounts only to double my chances I might get one thing for myself :confused3

Basically seller gives the buyer the login (email and password) and the buyer inputs address and credit card. All you need is an email to sign up for an account which is how all these cheaters are getting away with things by creating multiple accounts with different emails. Address quantity limits are likely partially imposed because of Disney knowing this :(

I did read some negative reviews where sellers were trying to scam buyers out of credit card info :crazy2:

I don't get the mindset honestly. I feel a little guilty that I enter MerchPass on my account and my mom's and those are both legit accounts only to double my chances I might get one thing for myself :confused3
I love Disney merch and all, but there is no way I would give my card info to a seller just to get merch....yikes!

Sooooo my husband got me the KAC backpack for my birthday!!!! However he got it off of Ebay, which means some dang scalper was validated :sad2: But still, not gonna lie, I am VERY excited and can't wait for it to get here!!!!! That was the one thing I was pining after the most :jumping1:

Was anyone able to use their AP 30% off for the minnie ears online? It wouldn't let me for my KAC ears.

Was anyone able to use their AP 30% off for the minnie ears online? It wouldn't let me for my KAC ears.
Not the AP30OFF, but I did get my Disney Visa 10% off on a couple MMMA items. I'm pretty sure it was an error though, because I bought two KAC and two BTM ears (one set for me and one set for my grand niece as she isn't old enough for a credit card) and one of each type received the discount. Go figure!

@Violetspider - that makes me feel better. :thumbsup2

Although I did purchase with my Disney Visa...

I bought the BTM ears off Ebay... It was $42 with free shipping so I didn't feel too swindled. :rolleyes1 I mean I don't know their situation, maybe they need the money? :confused3;)

The BTM ears I ordered directly from shopDisney were $45.17 ($34.99 ears + $3.23 tax + $6.95 shipping) . So you were definitely not swindled :rotfl: . That's actually a decent deal you got!

@Kender - Yayyyy!!! Now I just have to intercept the package before my husband sees it. He has no idea how many or what I have. He just complains if I buy new ones. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 He'll be like "did you really need those?" Ummmm... duh

The BTM ears I ordered directly from shopDisney were $45.17 ($34.99 ears + $3.23 tax + $6.95 shipping) . So you were definitely not swindled :rotfl: . That's actually a decent deal you got!
I got the KAC ears on poshmark with a similar deal. They were listed for $45, but I had credits on there from selling clothes, so I ended up only paying $12 out of pocket :) So it ended up being cheaper for me to get them 3rd party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter