CHEERS! Please school me on RC's deluxe beverage package

NOLA_Tink

Jambo, y'all!
Where can I use it on Coco Cay (floating bars? swim-up bars?) Can I use it in the main dining room? Can I use it at the 24-hr deli for mimosas or Irish coffee in the morning? Where else can I use it? Thanks!!

Capt_BJ

So Many Times
warning: answers are valid as of my last cruise ... pre-COVID

yes, yes, and I guess yes (never done it tho - a wake up drink - after dinner Irish Coffee YES)

Coco Cay operates as an extension for the ship ..... cashless and your room/key card is your charge card.

You use it 'everyplace' on the ship. There is a $$ per drink cap but I've never hit it. Something like Johnny Walker Blue would be over the top. Typical foo foo drinks are covered as was my Buffalo Trace on the rocks.

In dining room for wine you get a discount on a bottle but wine per glass is included (dollar limit applies again) ... find something you like by the glass!!!! If you do traditional dining and tell them you like the same every night, it will be at your seat . . . if you are gonna change it up I suggest mentioning that so they don't waste pours . . . .

Starbucks is NOT covered ..... fresh squeeze OJ IS

Last edited:

crabbymom

Slythermom to 2 'claws and a Princess
You can use it at any bar on board, the Main Dining Room, the Windjammer, and Coco Cay. The only place it does not work is room service. Yes, you can get an Irish coffee in the morning! Best way to start the day!

starvenger

DIS Veteran
btw the price cap varies by ship. If you're on one of the newer megaships it's higher, and lower on one of the older ships. You can get top shelf stuff, but if the 20yo single malt is $20 and the cap is $15, you'd pay the difference.

I'm sure that if you ask the barkeep they'll help you figure out what shelf alcohol you can get.

And a final word: every cruise we see people on Day 2 that definitely over imbibed on Day 1. Don't be that person.

mevelandry

DIS Veteran
btw the price cap varies by ship. If you're on one of the newer megaships it's higher, and lower on one of the older ships. You can get top shelf stuff, but if the 20yo single malt is $20 and the cap is $15, you'd pay the difference.

I'm sure that if you ask the barkeep they'll help you figure out what shelf alcohol you can get.

And a final word: every cruise we see people on Day 2 that definitely over imbibed on Day 1. Don't be that person.
Reminds me of that time where I heard a guy bragging about drinking his 15th drink that day. I think it was 1:00 or 2:00 PM. How the guy was still walking and still looking somewhat « normal« is still a mystery to me.

After two drinks I just wanna nap. LOL

Capt_BJ

So Many Times
This is not to encourage additional drinking

but IME on Royal, if two drinks a day is your limit you'll lose money big time with their drink package. Altho the price varies I've NEVER gotten it for less than $45 per person/day (plus 18% tip) .... most drinks are well under $15. Often the price is over $60 per person/day ....

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.