CHEERS! Please school me on RC's deluxe beverage package

I’m late to the party on this one, but just a heads up - on CocoCay the wandering bar tenders tend to have the CocoLocos in souvenir cups. These will end up costing you a few dollars because it is over the $ cap. So make sure you ask for them to get you one NOT in the take home cup (unless of course you want it). Also they sell a drink in a pineapple. Get it without the pineapple or there will be a charge.

I’m late to the party on this one, but just a heads up - on CocoCay the wandering bar tenders tend to have the CocoLocos in souvenir cups. These will end up costing you a few dollars because it is over the $ cap. So make sure you ask for them to get you one NOT in the take home cup (unless of course you want it). Also they sell a drink in a pineapple. Get it without the pineapple or there will be a charge.

Thanks. However, if I get the CocoLoco in a souvenir cup, I still wouldn’t pay full price, would I? And the idea of drinking out of a pineapple is intriguing.

We are going in June, hopefully. And we already signed up for Cheers.

Thanks. However, if I get the CocoLoco in a souvenir cup, I still wouldn’t pay full price, would I? And the idea of drinking out of a pineapple is intriguing.

We are going in June, hopefully. And we already signed up for Cheers.
They just charge a few dollars, not the whole price. Hope you get to go, my boys are supposed to go on a cruise in June with my parents and I am crossing my fingers they're sailing!

They just charge a few dollars, not the whole price. Hope you get to go, my boys are supposed to go on a cruise in June with my parents and I am crossing my fingers they're sailing!

Are they cruising to the Bahamas out of Miami?

FYI this is also the case for the wandering bar tenders around the pool deck and elsewhere. The souvenir cup is what you're paying for.

Not the same but we have been on two cruises. But a bit of a different pov..Both from UK navigator and independence. It was a few years ago.. starbucks and evian was actually included on our first cruise. Wasnt on our second. We got the non alcoholic package. Neither of us drink. The

At least 3 black coffees a day. 3 non alcoholic cocktails and bottles of water and a hot chocolate in the evening. Was well worth it. American soda tastes horrid to me cant handle the high fructose corn syrup.. but would try if the coke machines were on board.

But wouldnt be worth it if i had to get the alcohol package if someone was staying in our room who wanted it. No way to hit 70 dollars if you are drinking on non alcoholic drinks.

Where can I use it on Coco Cay (floating bars? swim-up bars?) Can I use it in the main dining room? Can I use it at the 24-hr deli for mimosas or Irish coffee in the morning? Where else can I use it? Thanks!!
I know you asked a few months ago and got lots of great answers but just wanted to say for us the deluxe package was worth it and neither myself of hubby are big drinkers. We do however love having some adult beverages on vacation. Here is why we loved it:
- convenience - everything is pre-paid and with a few exceptions (we never ran into a problem) you can order whatever you want almost anywhere, bars, poolside, restaurants, CocoCay & Labadee.
- we got to try many drinks otherwise wouldn’t have
- package includes bottled water, I grabbed one every chance I had and always had water in our room and when we went ashore
- package includes specialty coffees and teas, other than Starbucks but there were plenty of places on the ship to get a specialty coffee both frozen and hot & spiked coffees
- package includes fresh squeezed juices such as OJ at breakfast but also slow pressed juices made to order, it might depend on the ship but on Oasis you got them in the Vitality Cafe. Made in front of you concoctions from fresh fruits and vegetables
- also included were smoothies and protein shakes
- also includes pop at restaurants and bars and refillable cups to use at the freestyle machines

I generally had 3-5 alcoholic drinks/wine a day. Avg $11-13 each
I had one or two specialty coffees/frozen coffees a day $5-$6 each
I had one fresh pressed juice or shake every day $6 each sometimes 2 if I was skipping a meal
Several bottles of water about $3 each
Most days one soda $3 -$4

Those prices are approximate and vary by ship but we paid about $53 a day for our drink pkg a day. We broke even to say the least but it was mostly about convenience and flexibility and no drink bill at the end of the cruise. If we didn’t have the drink package then we probably would have not had as many specialty coffees or pressed green juices and I would probably only stick to drinks I know I like instead of trying new things... but hey we are on vacation.
We plan to get the package again. If one partner doesn’t drink then one can get the deluxe pkg and one the refreshment pkg which has everything but the booze, it’s often a steal at $20 a day. You just have to call Royal directly to get one deluxe and one refreshment pkg for the same room.

I know you asked a few months ago and got lots of great answers but just wanted to say for us the deluxe package was worth it and neither myself of hubby are big drinkers. We do however love having some adult beverages on vacation. Here is why we loved it:
- convenience - everything is pre-paid and with a few exceptions (we never ran into a problem) you can order whatever you want almost anywhere, bars, poolside, restaurants, CocoCay & Labadee.
- we got to try many drinks otherwise wouldn’t have
- package includes bottled water, I grabbed one every chance I had and always had water in our room and when we went ashore
- package includes specialty coffees and teas, other than Starbucks but there were plenty of places on the ship to get a specialty coffee both frozen and hot & spiked coffees
- package includes fresh squeezed juices such as OJ at breakfast but also slow pressed juices made to order, it might depend on the ship but on Oasis you got them in the Vitality Cafe. Made in front of you concoctions from fresh fruits and vegetables
- also included were smoothies and protein shakes
- also includes pop at restaurants and bars and refillable cups to use at the freestyle machines

I generally had 3-5 alcoholic drinks/wine a day. Avg $11-13 each
I had one or two specialty coffees/frozen coffees a day $5-$6 each
I had one fresh pressed juice or shake every day $6 each sometimes 2 if I was skipping a meal
Several bottles of water about $3 each
Most days one soda $3 -$4

Those prices are approximate and vary by ship but we paid about $53 a day for our drink pkg a day. We broke even to say the least but it was mostly about convenience and flexibility and no drink bill at the end of the cruise. If we didn’t have the drink package then we probably would have not had as many specialty coffees or pressed green juices and I would probably only stick to drinks I know I like instead of trying new things... but hey we are on vacation.
We plan to get the package again. If one partner doesn’t drink then one can get the deluxe pkg and one the refreshment pkg which has everything but the booze, it’s often a steal at $20 a day. You just have to call Royal directly to get one deluxe and one refreshment pkg for the same room.
This is super helpful info! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

That is good to know on the refreshment package / drink package. Didn't know that was an option. Good to have the prices. It's been a bit since I've been on RCCL but remember getting morning Mimosa's delivered and after the auto gratuity they were at $15 / drink and were 80% OJ. Note to self was order champagne for the same price and add orange juice. :O)

To my wife and I the prices for alcohol individually sort of sky rocketed after the drink packages were introduced. Used to be more in the $7-8 range and jumped to $12-15.

We always order the full beverage package if we can get it for $55/day or less. My husband probably comes away ahead and we may lose a small amount of money with me, but we do it anyway! We usually get a specialty coffee in the mornings (or a mimosa/bloody Mary if we're in the mood). At lunch or at the pool we may order 2 drinks in the afternoon (poolside cocktails or beers). We usually head in for an afternoon nap around 3 and at 5, we'll get a pre-dinner glass of wine to sip while we're getting ready for dinner. At dinner we may order another glass of wine and have a cocktail later at one of the shows. Although we don't even seem to feel drunk, we are drinking 5-6 drinks a day spread over 12-16 hours. This allow us the freedom to try new drinks. I was brave enough to try a Bloody Mary and gin martini for the first time while cruising (unexpectedly, I loved the Bloody Mary but hated the gin martini). If I hate a drink, I don't have to drink it! I just order another! (If I had paid $12 for the gin martini, I would have choked it all down). Also, if a frozen drink melts and gets watered down while at the pool, I just order another! (I will drink the watered down drink that tastes gross if I paid $14 for it!) My husband likes to try new whiskey or scotch brands while on cruises. I pay for this well ahead of time so we don't get a big bill at the end and it works for us!

I think we paid $45 per day for our July cruise. It will be our first time using a drink package, but we figured this time we are traveling with another couple so we'll likely drink a bit more. To be honest, I think we'll hit the mark in coffee, sparkling water and juice/soda throughout the day even without getting any alcoholic drinks. My oldest and I drink enough water (sparkling) in a day for like five people! Now for cruising to restart by mid July...

I too always get the Dlx package as it is convenient, but I don't think I come out ahead on the deal LOL. I do like everything being paid in advance though. It definitely makes you drink more, although I wish Starbucks was included. And if I am not mistaken, the smoothie bar at the gym is not included either??? Im not sure. I am anxious to get back to cruising, so hopefully I can refresh my mind on all this soon.

I too always get the Dlx package as it is convenient, but I don't think I come out ahead on the deal LOL. I do like everything being paid in advance though. It definitely makes you drink more, although I wish Starbucks was included. And if I am not mistaken, the smoothie bar at the gym is not included either??? Im not sure. I am anxious to get back to cruising, so hopefully I can refresh my mind on all this soon.
Smoothies, protein shakes and cold pressed juices are included - we got them in the vitality cafe on Oasis.

Has anyone gotten it and regretted it during a port intensive cruise? I am going to Greece next year and plan to be off the ship a lot. Do you think prices might be adjusted downward because people will be spending time in port?

Has anyone gotten it and regretted it during a port intensive cruise? I am going to Greece next year and plan to be off the ship a lot. Do you think prices might be adjusted downward because people will be spending time in port?
I can't answer the latter, but i do think that you're better off skipping if it's a port intensive cruise, assuming that you're ok with some day drinking in port.

I'm booked for our first Royal cruise (on Mariner of the Seas) in December (after two cancelations), and I'm trying to understand the drinking package.

I've read the details on Royal's page, and your tips here, but I still have a lot of questions. (I usually don't spend extra money on a DCL cruise besides an iced coffee and a souvenir or two).
My family doesn't drink, so we're looking at the Refreshment Package vs. the Classic Soda Package.

Questions:
- We have two staterooms, with two adults in each. Is the rule that each person in a stateroom needs to purchase the same package or every person on the same reservation?
- Coffee: I'm picturing Cove Cafe, but I know they have a Starbucks onboard, and Starbucks in not included in any package. Is there a Cove Cafe like coffee shop? What types of coffee do they make? Fancy coffees, iced coffee, frappuccinos?
- Water bottles: One big plus with the refreshment package for us is access to bottled water. Where do you get the water bottles? Are they cold when you get them? Can I get a juice or coffee along with a water bottle at the same time?
- The description of the soda package sounds like Universal's unlimited Coca-Cola cup. Am I picturing this correct?
- Several people here are talking about smoothies. The description of the refreshment package states "Non-alcoholic cocktails (mocktails)" Are these the smoothies you're talking about? Where do you get them?
- Juices: I saw where you can get freshly squeezed OJ at Windjammers for with breakfast, do they have other juices, do they have them at other places?
- Tips: Disney usually automatically adds the 18% when you pay in cash. How is this with a package: do they add the tips already with checkout when purchasing the package online as if paying for taxes on Amazon?
- Last question! I believe your drinking package is marked on your key. Can I grab a family member's key and pick up two drinks by myself while the other person stays seated wherever they're relaxing, or does every individual need to get their own drink (or at least be present)?

Wow, those were lots of questions. If anyone would be willing to answer any of them, that would be awesome!

Last edited:
We have two staterooms, with two adults in each. Is the rule that each person in a stateroom needs to purchase the same package or every person on the same reservation?
Its every adult per room.

Coffee: I'm picturing Cove Cafe, but I know they have a Starbucks onboard, and Starbucks in not included in any package. Is there a Cove Cafe like coffee shop? What types of coffee do they make? Fancy coffees, iced coffee, frappuccinos?
On Mariner I believe you need to go to the Promenade Cafe. They should be able to do the same drinks as at Cove Cafe.

Soda should be via Freestyle machines, although I believe you can get fountain drinks from the bars and at dinner as well.

Questions:
- We have two staterooms, with two adults in each. Is the rule that each person in a stateroom needs to purchase the same package or every person on the same reservation?
That is the case for the ultimate (alcohol included) package. I don't believe it's the case for the non-alcohol ones. And I'm pretty sure it's each person in a stateroom.
- Coffee: I'm picturing Cove Cafe, but I know they have a Starbucks onboard, and Starbucks in not included in any package. Is there a Cove Cafe like coffee shop? What types of coffee do they make? Fancy coffees, iced coffee, frappuccinos?
As PP said, it would be Cafe Promonade. I don't think Mariner has Starbucks. That's on Oasis class (pretty sure).
- Water bottles: One big plus with the refreshment package for us is access to bottled water. Where do you get the water bottles? Are they cold when you get them? Can I get a juice or coffee along with a water bottle at the same time?
You get the bottled water from bars/waiters. Yes, they're cold. Pretty sure you can get juice/coffee at the same time.
- The description of the soda package sounds like Universal's unlimited Coca-Cola cup. Am I picturing this correct?
The soda package includes a cup that can be used at the Freestyle machines. I'm not sure how many machines there are on Mariner. However, I'm pretty sure with the package, you can get canned/fountain soda from any bar (obviously not the same amount of choices a Freestyle machine will offer).
- Several people here are talking about smoothies. The description of the refreshment package states "Non-alcoholic cocktails (mocktails)" Are these the smoothies you're talking about? Where do you get them?
"Mocktails" are exactly what they sound like... non-alcoholic cocktails. They're not smoothies. I know some ships have smoothie bars. I'm not sure about Mariner.
- Juices: I saw where you can get freshly squeezed OJ at Windjammers for with breakfast, do they have other juices, do they have them at other places?
I doubt there's fresh squeezed juices at normal bars (could easily be wrong), but they probably have at least some juices available.
- Tips: Disney usually automatically adds the 18% when you pay in cash. How is this with a package: do they add the tips already with checkout when purchasing the package online as if paying for taxes on Amazon?
Pretty sure the 18% is added to the price of the package when your purchase it. You'll have the option to tip more when you get your drinks, or you can not (since you've already tipped when you bought the package).
- Last question! I believe your drinking package is marked on your key. Can I grab a family member's key and pick up two drinks by myself while the other person stays seated wherever they're relaxing, or does every individual need to get their own drink (or at least be present)?
It depends on the bartender, but from what I've read, if your OWN key shows you have the package, they'll (generally) give you multiple drinks. However, you shouldn't take someone else's key. When they run the key (from what I understand), the picture of the owner comes up. If the actual owner of the key isn't there, there could be trouble. If you want to get more than one drink, ask if you can get two on your package. The bartender/waiter will either tell you yes or no.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter