Christmas Day 2020... Best place to go? Where are you going?

Well look for a table of 7 and come say hello!

I'll keep an eye out :) We're the "average" party of four, lol! Two adults, and our 18yo son and his girlfriend.

Are you driving? This is our arrival day and I'm of course worried about DS reaching capacity by the time we get there. I'm hoping two things: (1) that we can get there at least a few hours early, shooting for around 4pm, and (2) that since it's Christmas Day that most people will want to be in a park, and the parks are open until 7/8/9/10pm.

We are flying in on the 20th and leaving the 26th. I just don’t know what to expect on that day. I guess that just goes with the year, you never know. I think I’m more worried everything will shut down before then.
the availability calendar has been strange too. I can’t figure out how it all turned green. Are people cancelling or did they add more spots? I guess we just roll with it. I’ll keep a lookout for you too! We are all adults in our party 3 parents, 3 college kids and a sister-in-law.

We are flying in on the 20th and leaving the 26th. I just don’t know what to expect on that day. I guess that just goes with the year, you never know. I think I’m more worried everything will shut down before then.
the availability calendar has been strange too. I can’t figure out how it all turned green. Are people cancelling or did they add more spots? I guess we just roll with it. I’ll keep a lookout for you too! We are all adults in our party 3 parents, 3 college kids and a sister-in-law.

I have heard two things about the calendar (1) that they didn't release all availability at once, and have been releasing more up to capacity as time goes on and moving spots between the three baskets of people and (2) someone else was told by a CM that as people cancel, they don't release those park reservations right away, they accumulate and they release them in batches.

I do not believe that they keep increasing capacity.

I have heard two things about the calendar (1) that they didn't release all availability at once, and have been releasing more up to capacity as time goes on and moving spots between the three baskets of people and (2) someone else was told by a CM that as people cancel, they don't release those park reservations right away, they accumulate and they release them in batches.

I do not believe that they keep increasing capacity.

Someone in a different thread said it was adjusted because of annual passholders being blocked out. But when you click on just the passholder "basket" it still shows availability. So confusing.

Someone in a different thread said it was adjusted because of annual passholders being blocked out. But when you click on just the passholder "basket" it still shows availability. So confusing.

I could be wrong, but I believe it's only certain types of APs that are blocked out?

I could be wrong, but I believe it's only certain types of APs that are blocked out?

I think you may be right. I’m just not sure whether to take all this availability as a positive sign for crowd levels or not. Not getting my hopes up too much.

What is the Special Christmas Skillet? We are booked for Christmas Evening
When we were there in 2017 they had a Christmas skillet with turkey, stuffing etc. It was delicious and festive. Can't remember all that was on it. I hope it's the same this year!

Wolf Gang Puck had a fabulous 4 course Thanksgiving dinner. Probably available for Christmas too. One of the best meals we have ever had! That's where you should go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter