Christmas Day 2020... Best place to go? Where are you going?

But for Christmas especially, where is the best place to go to feel like a real Christmas dinner?
What have you booked for Christmas Day during your stay on property, or in the past years?
Consider what makes the Christmas connection for you and your family. Maybe you never thought of this before, but what theme, food, environment would make it unique and a celebration.

Then you have to see what is actually available. Book what is closest to meet your needs and continue to try to get the one you want if you were not able to get the one.

We booked a set of things that met what made a special day for every member of the family. 3 meals on Christmas...it wasn't strictly about rides. O'hana, Afternoon Tea, Chef de France one year. No matter what. Realize if may still take extra time to move from one place to the other even with reduced entry numbers.

I absolutely love having Christmas Dinner at Biergarten in Germany.
It is decorated for the holidays and they have a holiday performance stage show includes a rendition of OTannenbaum usually and the opportunity to go upfront and dance a Polka The children love this and last year they received a few chocolate golden coins for participating.
But my most favorite part is watching the holiday jingle bells with all the different shapes and sizes that create the sound of the holiday! And what are those long long long horns called? Fascinating performance.

Not going to be there. But if I was, we would be doing Teppan Edo. Benihana is our tradition for Christmas Day. Will be home this year and will most likely order the take out from Benihana to continue the tradition as we are still not really eating out in restaurants yet.

Consider what makes the Christmas connection for you and your family. Maybe you never thought of this before, but what theme, food, environment would make it unique and a celebration.

Then you have to see what is actually available. Book what is closest to meet your needs and continue to try to get the one you want if you were not able to get the one.

We booked a set of things that met what made a special day for every member of the family. 3 meals on Christmas...it wasn't strictly about rides. O'hana, Afternoon Tea, Chef de France one year. No matter what. Realize if may still take extra time to move from one place to the other even with reduced entry numbers.
Availability is ROUGH this year. Limited capacity makes a big difference. Luckily hours have been extended in the parks, and ADR times should follow suit soon, but family favorites like Ohana, Flying Fish, Crystal Palace, Tusker House, Yachtsman, Cape May, Akershus, Boma, Jiko, etc. remaining closed has everyone scrambling. We’re still looking for 10 ADRs for our trip and not a single option that we’re looking to book has popped up yet. Luckily there’s still two months.

Yeah, it is definitely rough, besides limited restaurant offerings, but also a short 60 day window. From what we have seen over the years, it appears they hold some tables back in an effort to distribute availability to those on the other side of the 60+10 reservation model.

Still it is stressful and I wish you good luck hereforthchurro, hope you get the ADRs you are looking to get before your WDW Christmas. Sounds like you know daily checking can pay off as people change their plans and other tables may be released...if there are any. We found this to be true with a set of restaurants when we booked during Christmas week. Just act quickly when they pop up. :)

I absolutely love having Christmas Dinner at Biergarten in Germany.
It is decorated for the holidays and they have a holiday performance stage show includes a rendition of OTannenbaum usually and the opportunity to go upfront and dance a Polka The children love this and last year they received a few chocolate golden coins for participating.
But my most favorite part is watching the holiday jingle bells with all the different shapes and sizes that create the sound of the holiday! And what are those long long long horns called? Fascinating performance.
I’m so happy to read this - our family of nine will be there this year! I don’t think they’re allowing dancing this year, though - social distancing issues....

We'll be grazing the Holiday Kitchens at Epcot on Christmas Eve and having lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern in MK on Christmas Day. This will be our first visit actually on Christmas. Just me and my mama, who turns 78 on 12/23 (We're having lunch at Yak & Yeti at AK that day!).

So after the hot mess that was yesterday.... they did end up opening the “late” meal reservations at Epcot for Christmas week. Dinner reservations go until 8:45 through the 26th.

We are also having Christmas dinner at WCC. This will be our 2nd time in Disney for Christmas and we just loved being in that hotel (such a festive and beautiful lobby) and the special Christmas skillet is wonderful
What is the Special Christmas Skillet? We are booked for Christmas Evening

Just snagged BOG for Christmas dinner! I’m excited! It definitely pays to check daily as I couldn’t get anything for awhile.Now to work more hours to pay for the $62 per person dinner......
Has anyone had dinner there recently?

Last edited:
Thanksgiving ? .... Chef Art Smith Homecomin
Christmas Brunch ? ...Hard Rock Resort The Kitchen Universal Studios
NYE ?... Fairytale Dining in Castle MK 6:30 dinner !

We’re doing Epcot on Christmas Day. We’re doing Topolino’s for Christmas morning breakfast, and I’m debating between Rose&Crown, Beaches and Cream, and Le Cellier for dinner. Nothing in Epcot jumps out at me. We might just eat at the booths.
We too are doing Epcot for Christmas Day and fully intend to eat our way around World Showcase! Future world in the AM and by Noon it's time to eat and drink at every country! And say goodbye to 2020!!!

We will be at Epcot on Christmas Day too :goodvibes . We wanted Le Cellier for our Christmas dinner but since I couldn't get that, I now have a reservation at Via Napoli (one of our favorite restaurants in WS), and I am not mad about the decision. Since we share a pizza at VN anyways, it will allow us to do some snacking at the festival booths.
So excited to be in Epcot for Christmas Day Too!!!! Can hardly contain our enthusiasm - we are doing all the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays at World Showcase - all day long!

Christmas is upon us, and despite the global crisis, I'm sure a lot of you, like myself, are making it happen for Christmas week.

Since I will be at MK that day and also staying nearby at the Poly, I booked CA Grill late night as my "main" Christmas dinner. I also purposefully booked this late into the night just in case they surprise everyone with a Christmas firework show. Never know, especially with the new adjusted hours. But more importantly, I am travelling with someone who has never been to WDW, so I wanted as full of day possible to ensure we see everything we can, so we'll leave the park around 8pm and get ready for dinner. I couldn't justify a 2-6pm "dinner" when we would probably have 5-6 more rides or things to do for a first-timer in my party.

But I feel CA Grill is a perfect place for a Christmas dinner. Good service, amazing views, fancy enough to feel the Christmas cheer.

But for Christmas especially, where is the best place to go to feel like a real Christmas dinner? If it wasn't for CA Grill, I would have been utterly stuck as to what would feel like a warm Christmas dinner to go to, especially in the MK area.

What have you booked for Christmas Day during your stay on property, or in the past years?
Last Christmas we had an amazing trip - as I recall, I think Christmas Eve we were at WCC, Christmas we ate at California Grill (with the girls in their Frozen II dresses). Queen Anna fell asleep in her seat with the castle in the background.

We’re doing Epcot on Christmas Day. We’re doing Topolino’s for Christmas morning breakfast, and I’m debating between Rose&Crown, Beaches and Cream, and Le Cellier for dinner. Nothing in Epcot jumps out at me. We might just eat at the booths.
I know this is late, but we hadn't gone to Le Cellier until last Xmas and it ended up being one of our favorite meals. And it's really pretty and festive inside.

I was just coming on here to ask the same question. This is our 1st time ever at Disney for Christmas- super excited!!! We are doing breakfast at the Kona Cafe as that is a tradition for us. We are staying at the Swan so had planned on Il Mulino for dinner as the park was showing an early close. Now that they are extending the hours we arent sure where to go. I am not a huge fan of any of the restaurants in the MK, but Cali grill is so close maybe that would be a good option. Xmas Eve we are planning on Wolfgang Puck at DTD.
I would do California Grill any time I could get it! It was our first on-property stay (at the Contemporary), and we had dinner there with our DD1 who was 2 at the time. We had a blast and it was the beginning of our Disney obsession, so we have some very special associations with that restaurant.

Booked WCC for a late lunch. Someone else asked, but does anyone know if the holiday menu is lunch as well? Need to find out if they have a vegetarian option that day. Also, still second guessing going to MK that day at all, but glad to have a reservation at both for now.
I believe WCC always has a vegetarian option. It's my kids' favorite restaurant, so we've been there a LOT in the last few years. Thanksgiving is also a great holiday to celebrate there.

Epcot on Dec 25. Planning on eating our way around the Festival and have dinner booked at Rose & Crown right now. As we get closer and discuss further, will probably look to either keep it, cancel it, or maybe switch to something else (probably Biergarten or Mexican), because still pondering whether we want more than the holiday booth food and other snackish stuff.

Christmas Eve is in MK and dinner at Wine Bar George.

Last edited:
This is the first Christmas on property for my DW and I. We are doing a quick trip and staying at BWV and doing Epcot on Christmas Day. Going to to Topolino's for Christmas Eve, WCC for Christmas Day breakfast, and most likely San Angel Inn for dinner that night after a day of eating around the booths. Nothing screams Christmas like an El Diablo margarita!

We are staying at the Swan and having Christmas Eve at the food kitchens at Epcot and Christmas dinner at the Boathouse at DS.

We are staying at the Swan and having Christmas Eve at the food kitchens at Epcot and Christmas dinner at the Boathouse at DS.

We're also doing Christmas dinner at Boathouse ☺️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter