Christmas Stocking Sent/Received thread (This exchange is complete! Thanks!)

mommaU4

DIS Veteran
christmas_tree.gif
**This is an exchange for past and present members of the DIS Girls-Only Disneyland trips.**

It's the most wonderful time of the year.... Time again for the DIS Divas' annual Christmas stocking exchange!
Christmas_smiley.gif

CHRISTMAS-STOCKINGS.gif

Some of you are familiar with the exchanges already. If you are not, please take a moment to read the info below. If you have done the exchanges before, feel free to skip ahead to the "Important Information" and "Sign-up Info". Thanks.

These exchanges are just a fun thing for those interested.
For each exchange there is a minimum dollar amount that you must spend, which does not include shipping, or any little "extras" that you may wish to include.
Once sign ups are complete, each Diva who signed up will receive the name of a person to exchange with. You will not be sending to the same person you receive from. Then the fun begins! Simply go shopping for items that fall within the Christmas theme, send it out by the mail by date, and then wait for your package to arrive.
Each exchange takes approximately a month to complete from start (sign ups) to finish (all packages accounted for). If you will be on vacation during the shipping and receiving times, please make arrangements for someone else to mail your package and/or to receive yours. Remember to post on the thread when you've shipped your package out. Also post when you get your package, who sent it, and if possible please post a photo.

christmas-cookies_wallpapers_7735_1280x800.jpg
Christmas-Crafts-Tree-2.jpg

*Important Rules and Information - Everyone please read*
Sign-ups will run now through the morning of November 8th. Names will go out later that day.
Mail-by date is November 23rd.
Minimum dollar amount is $25 before shipping. That DOES include the cost of the stocking, but it does NOT include any extras or freebies should you choose to include them. You can either choose a nicer, more expensive stocking and spend less on the items inside, or you can get a dollar store stocking and spend more on the items inside. The choice is yours.
I strongly suggest getting delivery confirmation when mailing your package.
This exchange will be for adults only.
Once you receive your package, post here that you received it, but DO NOT OPEN IT.
background-1.jpg

We will be opening all our packages together on the same day, Tuesday, December 6 @ 7:00 p.m. (sooner if ALL packages arrive before then)

2088.gif

*Sign-up Information*
IF you are interested in joining, please PM me with the following information either here or on Facebook:

Name ~
DIS Name ~
Address ~ (please double check this, as I will only copy and paste as it is sent to me)

Are you able to be an "Elf" if needed? Yes or No (this is in the event that someone who signed up is unable to send out their package. I would then ask an "Elf" to send out another package so no one is left out)

Are you able to ship to Canada? Yes or No

Do you celebrate a religious (birth of Christ) or secular (Santa Claus) Christmas, or both?
What are some of your favorite Christmas snacks/candies?
What are some Christmas items you are able to use? (For example: scrap booking items, things to decorate the house or tree with, baking items, etc)
Any allergies, food or otherwise?
Any hobbies or items you collect?
T-shirt size?
Is there anything that you really prefer not to receive?
Is there anything you'd really love to get?

*Feel free to include any additional information you think would be helpful to your person when they shop for you. (keep in mind the final exchange selections are left up to your sender)

Mickey-Minnie-Mouse-Christmas-chimn.jpg
Christmas_Tigger_Wreath.jpg
Christmas-Eeyore-Do-not-open.jpg
TN_Christmas-Lights-Donald-Duck.jpg

Hmmm...I'm going to have to think about this :guilty:. I really need to start to budget more....but I do love gifts :lovestruc.

Bottom line...I'll sleep on it and get back to you ;).

I want to do this one, it's my favorite time of the year. I have to think about it though. We had a few unexpected expenses pop up for the month of November. This is one of those times I hate being an adult. ;)

I'll come back in a day or so either way. :)

steph

Two sign-ups already! :cool1:

Woo hoo! Let the fun begin!
:thumbsup2 There is so much Christmas stuff in the stores already! That's one good thing about this exchange, it's much easier to shop for than the Halloween one just in the sheer volume of choices and fun items to pick from.

Bottom line...I'll sleep on it and get back to you ;).
I'll come back in a day or so either way. :)

No worries Katie and Steph, plenty of time to decide. :)

I'm in! I did the Halloween one last year and had a blast...Cant wait to do a Christmas one! Thanks for all your help with setting this up Beth! :hug:

I've been debating for the last day, but I'm in. I luvs Christmas and gift giving/receiving!:santa:

I am in! Beth I will send you PM soon. My laptop is sick :(

I was debating this one (okay, for all of like 5 seconds ;) ) but I'm in too. Like Janie, I luvs Christmas (and getting gifts kind of rocks too :santa:

I am in! I already found something....
Awesome! :thumbsup2

I've been debating for the last day, but I'm in. I luvs Christmas and gift giving/receiving!:santa:
Aw, good! :goodvibes

I am in! Beth I will send you PM soon. My laptop is sick :(
Uh oh, hope it gets well soon....and with as little pain to your pocket book as possible. :wizard:

I was debating this one (okay, for all of like 5 seconds ;) ) but I'm in too. Like Janie, I luvs Christmas (and getting gifts kind of rocks too :santa:
You are so easy. ;) lol

Even though I am not a fan of Christmas, or the snow, idyllic scenes like this make me wish I could transport myself right into the picture. At least for Christmas morning. :goodvibes

christmas_cottage.jpg

Sign-ups will close on Tuesday morning. Hope we get some more ladies to join in the holiday fun. :santa:

Oh, and for anyone concerned they won't be around to open their package on the set date, don't worry, you can open it earlier or later if you need to. :)

I hate to do this because I do love Christmas and all that it's about, but I'm going to have to bail on this exchange. Work has just gotten far too stressful and I won't have time to do it any more. Boo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter