Christmas With The Wickets - Pretrip to the Return 22/12/08 Plus Photos to 19/12/08

Hi

Had a lovely breakfast in the food court, checked out of hotel, paid for car park on exiting and found a petrol station. we headed to Hollywood Studios on another glorious hot and sunny day.

We have had a lovely time in Hollywood, catching some rides. I especially enjoyed a super bouncy ToT and Toy Story Mania. Fast passes for the later run out quick. Also caught the Indy show which we hadnt done this holiday.

We left at about 2.30 to get back in good time for the car being due back. Return went okay, boarding passes still fine (clerk said they may have to change them) and now just doing a quick catch up for you.

Plane delayed till 8.55 pm at the moment but looks like it is on its way but we have enjoyed our bonus day.

cya later.

Bevx

Through security now and settled waiting for boarding. All the other Virgin flights are down the gates boarding now, we will move down there once there is space. I think our seats are in the bulkhead so hopefully wont be as noisy as in the back. We hit a load of turbulence going back in July sitting right at the back and my wine nearly flew out of the glass, I cannot have that, so asked to sit as far to the front as possible this time. We have a row all together in row 22 or something like that.

Cya later.

Bev x

Thanks.

Well we are back home again. The flight home was pretty uneventful and even more uninspiring food. The plane we were supposed to come home on yesterday had been hit by a baggage lorry in Barbedos.

There were not that many good films on I wanted to watch but also had just bought a good book so I wanted to read that as well but in the end watched Ghost Town. It started off funny but tailed off. After that I decided to try and get as much sleep as I could which I managed quite well thankfully.

The flight home to Manchester was only about 7 hours which was pretty good and we landed just before 9 am. It took a while for the stairs to be brought to the plane and we were at a remote docking point so had to be bused to the terminal.

Cases came through quickly, straight through Customs then had to wait a while for the bus for Premier parking. Car was ready which I was not expecting with us being late (and they didnt charge us extra). We then set off for our 2 hour journey back home.

I have managed to stay awake so far, hope I can manage to tonight which will make jet lag easy to cope with.

Best bits about the holiday:

Were seeing all the Christmas decorations and events.

Not following an itinerary.

Not having daily storms like in the summer but beautiful weather for the majority of the time. Ideal time to go.

Shopping (say no more), struggled with the car boot on return.

Discovering a close Chipolte to the Hard Rock.

Getting a bonus day from Virgin.

Only getting stressed once.

Bad bits about holiday

Crowds at MK on a night

Getting stressed packing cases on morning of planned departure.

Moaning people at airport because of flight delay and thinking people had been upgraded for free when they hadnt.

All in all we had a fantastic time and I so enjoyed the laid back attitude we adopted this time as to not following an itinerary. I dont know if we will do an itinerary in July now or just go with the flow.

I hope you have enjoyed reading about my holiday and I will post some photos up once I get them on the computer.

Bye for now.

Bev x

Ive enjoyed your trippie Bev, im looking forward to seeing some pics :thumbsup2

Happy Christmas :santa:

Happy Christmas to you Nat too, glad you enjoyed reports. I will probably post some photos up tomorrow.

I have managed not to fall asleep yet pushing to get into our time zone now though the youngest has crashed out.

Sounds like he totally crashed out. My eldest has a part time job which he has to go to tomorrow, I feel sorry for him.

Glad you had a great trip, looking forward to seeing the photos :goodvibes

Welcome back Bev, so glad you got here eventually, loved your trip report and cant wait to see some photos:goodvibes

P1030987.jpg

This was our plane, the Ruby Tuesday, it had a slightly better entertainment system than previous planes as it also had games but they didnt work on my console. Not that I was bothered as I slept a lot with being up so early.

P1040001.jpg

Small gingerbread house in Hard Rock lobby.

P1040010.jpg

Christmas tree in main entrance at Mall of Millenia

P1040014.jpg

Lego Santa at Downtown Disney

P1040018.jpg

View from our window, orange trees.

P1040021.jpg

Our Room at the Hard Rock

P1040032.jpg

Entrance to Universal

P1040041.jpg

One of Macy's Parade balloons outside the Mummy at Universal.

P1040043.jpg

Universal Studios Christmas Tree

P1040073.jpg

Festive decoration at Epcot

P1040112.jpg

Epcot Christmas Tree

Candlelight choir one half at Epcot

P1040149.jpg

Epcot Christmas

P1040164.jpg

Poinsettas growing outside

P1040188.jpg

Hard Rock Christmas Tree

P1030990.jpg

Animal Kingdom Safari

P1040351.jpg

Expedition Everest Ride

P1040333.jpg

Expedition Everest from a distance

P1040325.jpg

Gorillas at Animal Kingdom

P1040319.jpg

Giant frog at Animal Kingdom

P1040302.jpg

Kali River Rapids at Animal Kingdom

P1040293.jpg

Tiger at Animal Kingdom

P1040282.jpg

Tapir at Animal Kingdom

P1040279.jpg

Have been trying to catch up with some more of your report Bev. :goodvibes I am glad you were enjoying the lovely weather, we usually go in September and some of the days were surprising just as hot as it is then!

I also bought the Minnie ears santa hat. :goodvibes :santa:

Glad you were all starting to feel better.

Note to self - got up to Post #42 :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter