Christmas With The Wickets - Pretrip to the Return 22/12/08 Plus Photos to 19/12/08

We too were very surprised with the weather (one wet, 2 cold and the rest lovely hot days). We normally go in July because of the lads but I would be quite happy to go in December if we could as the weather was so nice and the parks not being as busy.

I don't know if you have been to the Hard Rock before but it definitely had more of a party atmosphere in July than in December. We love the Hard Rock but were surprised at how quiet it was in December. The pool was empty for the majority of the time whereas in the summer you struggle to find chairs and the pool has loads of people in.

Entrance to Dinosaur land decorated at Animal Kingdom

P1040382.jpg

Animal Kingdom Xmas Tree

P1040386.jpg

Close up of AK Xmas Tree

P1040387.jpg

Florida Mall decorations

P1040397.jpg

Islands of Adventure from a distance

P1040402.jpg

The Hulk - I love being shot out of that tunnel, though on this day it was quite cold being jetted around the tracks.

P1040414.jpg

Dr Doom's - my youngest son's favourite ride, by the end of the holidays I can just about stop myself from screaming on this ride. I am the only one to leave my seat for quite a bit of serious air time at the top.

P1040420.jpg

Surprisingly some people were going on this ride, the temperature was cold on this day and I would have hated to get wet. Normally in the summer it isn't a problem and you welcome the soaking.

P1040422.jpg

Signs showing the Harry Potter land underway, it is quite a long hike to Duelling Dragons now.

P1040440.jpg

My favourite rollercoaster ride at this park.

P1040446.jpg

The place I love to sit on this ride.

P1040452.jpg

Suess Landing decorations - this whole area had Christmas music playing which was very festive and everywhere looked very pretty

P1040533.jpg

Magic Kingdom Xmas tree

P1040572.jpg

Main Street lit up

P1040586.jpg

Cinderella's castle lit up with ice crystals, it also changed colour every now and then. I loved this.

P1040608.jpg

Cinderella's Castle again

P1040636.jpg

Wishes fireworks

P1040686.jpg

The highlight of my visit to MK

P1040637.jpg

Just catching up - what a trip!

Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Trombones decoration suspended above staircase at the Hard Rock Hotel.

P1040717.jpg

Elvis display with added Xmas decorations.

P1040716.jpg

Famous singer shoes, I think the one in the middle belonged to Madonna, they were all incredibly high.

P1040722.jpg

Scooby Doo saying hi

P1040730.jpg

Another one of Macy's Parade balloons

P1040746.jpg

Universal Studios

P1040753.jpg

The Mummy ride with Garfield

P1040755.jpg

Universal Studios

P1040756.jpg

The new rollercoaster being built at Universal, looks class and you can select the genre of music you want to listen to.

P1040766.jpg

Suess Landing entrance

P1040780.jpg

River Adventure ride at Islands

P1040786.jpg

Popeye statue with poinsettas

P1040820.jpg

Suess Landing decoration

P1040831.jpg

The Grinchmas show

P1040837.jpg

The Grinch

P1040852.jpg

It's snowing

P1040855.jpg

Hard Rock Cafe at Citywalk

P1040867.jpg

Universal Studios Entrance

P1040870.jpg

Mall of Millenia

P1040871.jpg

Mall of Millenia

P1040877.jpg

Chipolte, our favourite

P1040878.jpg

Great trippie Bev,thanks for sharing.And fab piccies as always from you.x.

I just love the new Toy Story Mania ride, Mr Potato Head is in the line area but to avoid lining up you must go there straightaway as the park opens, grab a fast pass, then do the ride. The fast passes run out extremely quickly.

P1040887.jpg

I hated this ride, but tried it again after a 10 year absence and having gone on every ride Orlando has to offer which has descentised me to the horror and one this occasion it was fine.

P1040896.jpg

This is the Christmas Shop at Hollywood Studios. I eagerly snapped up a couple of half price ornaments, went to the counter to pay and the young CM turned round and laughed. I thought this was a bit of an unusual reaction and couldn't figure out why she had laughed. It was only as I was sitting outside having my pizza I thought it's my Minnie Mouse hat that has made her laugh with me under it.

P1040917.jpg

I photographed everything festive as I don't know if we will ever be back at this time again plus it is nice for people who have not been at this time of the year to see the differences.

P1040919.jpg

Hollywood Studios

P1040924.jpg

Thanks so much ive loved ur trip report - got me all excited now about our trip - who knows one day when my kids are older I may well follow ur idea and swap xmas for a holiday.
Thanks again for sharing !!

I am glad you enjoyed it. We didn't totally swap Christmas for a holiday as I did buy them a few surprise presents to open on Christmas morning and they did get spending money in Orlando to use to buy stuff they actually wanted for Christmas. Sometimes stocking fillers end up in drawers so this year they have got nothing they will not use. It was a lovely way to spend Christmas and we felt we had been celebrating Christmas since 10th December, we spent Christmas with all my family which was lovely.

It did feel a bit strange to me not having loads of presents to put out on Christmas Eve but I felt better having the surprise presents to open on the morning. They were delighted with these bonus presents.

It was a nice thing to do with our 'children' being grown ups now.:)

It will not be long till your holiday and I hope you have a fantastic time.

I love this rollercoaster when it sets off - Rock n Rollercoaster

P1040926.jpg

Rock n Rollercoaster entrance

P1040934.jpg

My lads and the hubbie - now they have said for quite some time they didn't want their photos on the web, however, on New Year's Eve, they all said they didn't mind as long as they are nice ones.

P1040935.jpg

Lights Motor Action Show

P1040945.jpg

The Great Movie Ride

P1040956.jpg

Festive napkins

P1040972.jpg

Festive Villains shop

P1040976.jpg

Another shop display

P1040982.jpg

and another one

P1040991.jpg

Hope u dont mind me saying the 3 men in ur life ar very handsome x

Seeing the castle at Magic Kingdom always brings a lump to my throat and especially seeing it with the Wishes fireworks. The latter we do not view very often as we hate the crowds on a night and actually getting out of the park (after it took us an hour and a half one year).

However, this year because of the special Christmas visit we decided to brave the crowds again. Watching the castle and fireworks brought a tear to my eye and I thought I would share it with you, just click the picture for the video. x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter