Cigar Smokers

I would rather smell pot then cigars or cigarettes. Cigar smoke could be one of the more repulsive smells in the universe. Can't say I'm at all upset that Sosa is gone or that your limited to a select few areas to smoke.

To me it can depend on the cigar (and other things too). Personally, I don't smoke at all, but I have enjoyed the smell of certain cigars - not lit, just their general smell. Some are downright nasty though. I am sure the cost plays a factor in that. I had a buddy who liked to go into Sosa, but I would wait outside - it was just too overwhelming, and I feel like the smell sticks to you too.

To me it can depend on the cigar (and other things too). Personally, I don't smoke at all, but I have enjoyed the smell of certain cigars - not lit, just their general smell. Some are downright nasty though. I am sure the cost plays a factor in that. I had a buddy who liked to go into Sosa, but I would wait outside - it was just too overwhelming, and I feel like the smell sticks to you too.
Agreed. Cigars are not necessarily about the smell of the smoke, but that can be a part of it. Mostly it's about the taste when smoked. It gets too complicated to explain the various flavors but they do exist. Now to be honest, I don't speak the language but I know what I like. I have heard terms like, "it has an earthy flavor" To me, that must mean it tastes like dirt. Hahaha.
I go to a cigar lounge near where I live and even with the smoke eaters going it really does stick to your clothes and person. My wife hates it. Not so bad when you're outside. I even run a fan on my patio when I smoke outside.
It is an acquired taste and not for everyone.

I felt this was inevitable once Pleasure Island closed. I worked as a CP on PI the last year the clubs were still around. It was the only place that you could smoke freely and walk around without anyone being annoyed about it. It was common place. Hell 90% of my job as a CP was sweeping up cigarette butts and talking to people enjoying themselves at night. That bar was a remnant of the old days of PI and the bar was probably one of the main revenue generators for it once night clubs closed. With all the bars around that location didn't make sense financially.

Didn't the pot smokers take over those areas and ruin it for everyone?
No replies yet--I will find out when I am there. Did you mean "ruin it for everyone" in the sense of "now nobody can smoke anything" or "it's full of pot smokers now"?

No replies yet--I will find out when I am there. Did you mean "ruin it for everyone" in the sense of "now nobody can smoke anything" or "it's full of pot smokers now"?
Once the pot smokers invade the cigarette smoking areas their days are numbered. Las Vegas may accept pot smokers everywhere but I doubt if Disney Cruise will.

Hard to believe that my first comment on here was from 7 and a half years ago, and I haven’t been able to smoke in 6. I had surgery and can’t smoke anymore. I miss cigars.

Hard to believe that my first comment on here was from 7 and a half years ago, and I haven’t been able to smoke in 6. I had surgery and can’t smoke anymore. I miss cigars.
So sorry to hear that.

I, too, was surprised by this old thread bumping up again, but I always like talking to fellow cigar smokers about smoking in The World.

So sorry to hear that.

I, too, was surprised by this old thread bumping up again, but I always like talking to fellow cigar smokers about smoking in The World.
Thanks. I truly miss cigars, but I had my whole nasal cavity ripped out and re-built; no more smoking anything.

Adding a few more good smoking spots to our community knowledge here.

20230127_110602.jpg20230127_110625_HDR.jpg
This one is on the side of the Big Pine Key building at Grand Floridian. View of the water but only if you turn to the side.

This one is in the back of the main building at Grand Floridian. It's sheltered so you can enjoy a smoke if it's not a windy rain.
20230127_110814.jpg20230127_110832_HDR.jpg20230127_110853.jpg

Those are some great spots, justinslot! If I'm ever back in The World I'm going spend a little time at each of them.

Here's my favorite spot to have a cigar....
View attachment 735465
I'm sure many others appreciate you using that area since it keeps the cigar smoke away from them! Many people, including myself, do not appreciate cigar smoke.

Thanks for the photos of spots to enjoy. It's a pretty divisive hobby/subject and people seem to enjoy sharing their unsolicited opinions. But, with the help of threads like this, it makes it easier to find the allowed spots. On my last trip I had a hard time figuring out where the areas were even while looking at the map on the disney app. And sometimes they were placed in awkward spots as if to shame those using the smoking area.

Do you all know any good cigar areas authorized to smoke at the Saratoga Springs resort?

Lastly, to those who want to comment about the smell... well, maybe we don't like your Chanel No. 5, Susan. Let's just be civil and recognize that we all enjoy what we enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter