Cigarettes,Ice & Stroller News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thrilled about the No Smoking or Vaping in the parks. The smoking areas didn't seem to be separate from other areas (at least some of them - I don't know them all). You had to walk past them. You can't contain cigarette smoke. And there are always people smoking in non-smoking designated areas. I've seen them walking around smoking throughout the park.

How they will enforce it is what I would like to know.

I understand the smoking and strollers, but why prohibit loose ice? We don't carry a cooler, I just can't figure out how it causes a problem.

I'm guessing it's an issue with leaks/ spills? Only soft-sided coolers are permitted and loose ice leaks right out when it melts (not everyone realizes that and/ or puts the loose ice in plastic bags). Not such an issue on the hot pavement perhaps but if you go through a gift shop or restaurant creating a spill it's a slip hazard.

Completely a guess/ speculation on my part.

EDIT: hard sided coolers ARE allowed and so my speculation above was incorrect. It seems the official word is that the ice restriction is to improve bag check.
Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks. I was only thinking of the ice itself and since they distribute cups of ice water, I couldn't figure it out. I also turned on my Keurig without putting the cup under it this morning, so I may be a bit slower than usual. Glad I have you guys to think for me!

I think it's for security reasons. How do you check the ice for weapons or banned items? Stick your hand in it and move it all around? They'd have to remove the drinks, etc. Ice packs make it easier.

We would put the a few cans/bottles in the cooler with a quart bag of ice on top. I don't see the issue. Perhaps if someone was bringing in a few gallon bags of ice.

Most people won't have a way to freeze ice packs at disney.

I thought this was all great news. I was surprised when I started seeing those stroller wagons in the parks since wagons had been prohibited for a long time - so I am very glad to see those go - they were just TOO big.

The ice one rubs me the wrong way a bit because they don't have freezer sections in their refrigerators so I can't freeze an ice pack. I sometimes keep leftovers from a prior dinner and pack them with some ice for lunch the next day. But, I can deal by dumping my ice before security - and going to ask for more once inside the park. Annoying - but whatever - I guess there's a reason. A dry ice ban I do understand as the pranks that can be pulled with that are really inappropriate - and could be frightening to others. And it can be hard to for security to spot the difference consistently.

And hopefully they enforce the smoking thing!

We would put the a few cans/bottles in the cooler with a quart bag of ice on top. I don't see the issue. Perhaps if someone was bringing in a few gallon bags of ice.

Most people won't have a way to freeze ice packs at disney.

In addition to the challenge of freezing the ice packs, you also have to get them to you via airplane...and I believe they cannot go in your carry on unless they are frozen at the time they are inspected (otherwise they are a liquid exceeding the limit).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter