Cigarettes,Ice & Stroller News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now they need to work on only allowing those with a medical need to ride the electric scooters. These things have exploded and clog up the pathways. The main reason is that folks that need them KNOW HOW TO USE THEM and the folks who get them just for the park do not and cause lots of delays. It has slowed the bus transportation to a crawl. In our most recent visit there was a very large couple that rolled up and got on the bus before a ridiculously long line of people. The driver loads both scooters and begins to belt the individuals in. Well they decided they were having no part in that and decided to let the empty scooters take up 3 seats each. On top of this, they walked to the very back of the bus and took up another 4 seats they were covering leaving one seat on each side by the window. Only small kids could fit the seats that were left on each side of them and 2 families picked up one of their kids and put them in those seats. In total this one couple took up 10 seats.

And how exactly should they do that, without violating any rule or regulation?

Notice I'm not commenting on the rest of your vile, judgmental post.

Now they need to work on only allowing those with a medical need to ride the electric scooters. These things have exploded and clog up the pathways. The main reason is that folks that need them KNOW HOW TO USE THEM and the folks who get them just for the park do not and cause lots of delays. It has slowed the bus transportation to a crawl. In our most recent visit there was a very large couple that rolled up and got on the bus before a ridiculously long line of people. The driver loads both scooters and begins to belt the individuals in. Well they decided they were having no part in that and decided to let the empty scooters take up 3 seats each. On top of this, they walked to the very back of the bus and took up another 4 seats they were covering leaving one seat on each side by the window. Only small kids could fit the seats that were left on each side of them and 2 families picked up one of their kids and put them in those seats. In total this one couple took up 10 seats.

Not true. My daughter had to have one temporarily and had never used one before or since. I will say she practiced when we’d shop at stores that had them, but she was pretty clueless.

They can’t, by law, require proof of a medical need. Scooters are much more difficult to control.

People will smoke, this will just make them go stealth. Sounds like a lot of Smokey bathrooms to me. They need to upgrade the refrigerators in the rooms with an actual freezer that can freeze ice packs

The problem is keeping the breast milk or formula cold until you get to the closest counter service place. I've been stuck on some pretty long bus rides/security lines (looking at you Animal Kingdom traffic jam). I wonder if say a nalgene bottle (or other refillable water bottle) filled with ice would be ok. Not trying to circumvent Disney rules just trying to problem solve.

Yes you can bring the sodas but no ice in the cooler. Freeze a couple bottles of water or use a solid freezer pack to keep the sodas cold.

Loose ice is banned, not ice. You can put ice in a baggie.

I only saw a couple of those Keenz wagons. I thought they looked ingenious, but they were stationery and not in my way, so what did I know? Anyway, how is that better for special needs than other mobility items? Also, I don't think the two I saw were being used for any special needs, unless it wasn't visible. There were small kids, which I thought was simply their use.

Since I never did see a problem with them, can someone enlighten me? What are the issues with them that are different than strollers of a similar size?

Excellent question. I'm interested to learn why it's better for special needs.

People who are caught are removed from the parks for the day without refund, if they are repeat offenders (i.e. passholders for example), they risk the remainder of their admission media being revoked without refund and a possible ban from the parks.

I do agree about the freezer part though, but since we normally stay at DVC, we are fine there.

No punishment. Just asked to move. by then, they would have got their few puffs in and will go on their merry way...while disposing the cigarette on the ground.

upload_2019-3-28_18-4-55.png

While I agree it should only be for people who need them, I can attest that some of the people who need them may be first time users. Ive had a knee acting up for several months now. Of course I will attempt to walk, but after day 1 or 2 if needed, I will have to get a scooter. As it feels today, I might even need it on my first day there. Could barely make it around the grocery store and hour ago. Limping is exhausting. I will need scooter lessons!
Folks like you are not the problem. There are just too many folks that do not understand courtesy. Folks may want to talk to their friends on scooters but in certain areas if you go two or three scooters wide you take up the whole walkway literally making it dangerous at times. Inevitable when I would go around the corner and there was a non-moving "people jam" there were a group of scooters involved. Maybe they need dedicated scooter/stroller lanes in some areas.

Actually, they all don’t. Ask my kids who are teachers. If they didn’t learn the tell tale signs of vaping, their kids would get away with it on a daily basis. You’re probably not familiar with the newer devices, but rest assured, there are ones that produce 0 vapor.

The device produces vapor that is the whole point of vaping

Congrats on quitting! My in-laws quit cold turkey as well, back in the 70s. My FIL says it was the hardest thing he ever did.

My mom was a lifelong chain smoker until she got lung cancer. She went into the hospital and did not have another cigarette again, of course she died 4 months later. But my Dad quit cold turkey when my mom got diagnosed. It's been over a decade since he has quit. A person can quit cold turkey if they have a strong enough motivation. You have to WANT to quit for it to work. Nothing will work if you really don't want to quit.

Well I will give Disney a thumbs up on the possible contraband in ice. I would have never in a million years thought of that and I do think that they are really trying to keep the guest safe with this one. But it also wouldn't surprise me if they did start selling bags of ice once inside the park. But I really wonder if Disney has gotten some type of information to be more alert with security, thus the ice rule changing. Scary. But I have no problem what so ever with it as I do think they are trying hard to keep the guest safe.

Sorry ahead of time, but I am beyond thrilled by this new rule. I have been run up the back of my legs by more than one of these oversized strollers and had many times where I couldn't even get by them. Now my question is -- does that mean Disney is going to stop renting their ridiculously sized "strollers" (or mini cars as many of us call them)? ;)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle...-some-moms-are-not-happy/ar-BBVlIYG?ocid=iehp

If you search, there are many threads on this topic that might interest you. If you look in the family area of the boards, lots of discussion there but I'm guessing many are on the other side of your excitement.

Sorry about that. I did do a search and nothing came up :confused3 Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter