Circumpolar Race Around the World (CRAW)

Weeks 45, 46 & 47 Update
I am starting to make a habit of posting multiple weekly updates at the same time :)

Over the past three weeks, we have racked up a total of 1,059 miles (353 average miles per week). As for milestones:
  • Completed Indonesia and Region 6 (Sun 7/11)
  • Complete our run through Malasysia and entered Thailand (Mon 7/19)
  • @Baloo in MI crossed the 2,500 mile mark for CRAW (Fri 7/23)
As of end of Sunday, we were 350 miles into Thailand and 768 miles into Region 7, and the prediction models are showing that we should finish Region 7 on 8/19 or 8/20. We had a CRAW total of 17,569 miles completed, and for the entire CRAW, the prediction model is showing a finish date in mid-March (about 1 year 6.5 months for the total journey) based on our average daily team mileage.

Happy MW registration week everyone!

Progress2021-07-25.png

Region 6 (The Islands - Indonesia) Summary
The CRAW Region 6 route consisted mainly of one country, Indonesia, although there was a very small portion in East Timor at the very beginning. The region had a total length of 2,088 miles, and we completed the region with the lowest average miles per day of any region so far, although this was expected and due to a reduced number of team members (only had nine or less for the entire region):

RegionDistanceDays to FinishTeam Average
Miles Per Day
12,512 mi45.5 days55.2 mi/day
23,094 mi61.6 days50.3 mi/day
33,173 mi64.6 days49.1 mi/day
43,296 mi54.4 days60.5 mi/day
52,638 mi45.4 days58.1 mi/day
62,088 mi42.0 days45.9 mi/day

For the total of regions 1-6, we have completed 16,801 miles over 313.5 days for a team average of 53.6 miles per day.

For Region 6, our team's breakout of running vs. walking was:
Running (including treadmill)1,275 miles (61%)
Walking (including hiking)813 miles (39%) - highest % walking of any region
Total2,088 miles

And now, for Region 6 top honors...

Top 3 Mileage (Running & Walking)

1. @Baloo in MI - 385.0 miles (average of 9.2 miles per day)
  2. @Dopey 2020 - 378.1 miles (average of 9.0 miles per day)
  3. @camaker - 329.6 miles (average of 7.9 miles per day)
Top 3 Running Mileage
  1. @opusone - 263.9 miles
  2. @camaker - 221.8 miles
  3. @Dopey 2020 - 199.2 miles
Top 3 Walking Mileage
  1. @Baloo in MI - 220.6 miles
  2. @Dopey 2020 - 178.9 miles
  3. @camaker - 107.7 miles
For an aggregate total of the entire CRAW to date, here are the overall awards (Regions 1-6 mileage combined)...

Top 3 Total CRAW Mileage (Running & Walking)

1. @camaker - 2,569 miles (average of 7.8 miles per day)
  2. @RunDopey - 2,512 miles (average of 7.7 miles per day)
  3. @Baloo in MI - 2,376 miles (average of 7.2 miles per day)
Top 3 Total CRAW Running Mileage
  1. @RunDopey - 2,377 miles
  2. @opusone - 1,867 miles
  3. @camaker - 1,751 miles
Top 3 Total CRAW Walking Mileage
  1. @Baloo in MI - 1,306 miles
  2. @Dopey 2020 - 1,283 miles
  3. @camaker - 818 miles
Six regions down, so we are halfway done with the regions! We have completed a total of 16,801 miles so far as a team, and although we have completed 6 of 12 (or 50%) of the regions, we have completed about 56% of the total mileage. Great job, team!!

sounds like there could be a CRAW meetup in the near future…
Yes, we really should! We have been running around the world together, probably time to put faces to names!
This does appear to be a great opportunity for a meetup.

This is what I have...
Dopey: @Baloo in MI, @camaker, @Dopey 2020, @opusone, @RunDopey, and @vkeating
Not-Quite-Dopey (10k & Goofy): @GuinnessRunner (who decided to stay in Australia)
Marathon: @avondale & @jmasgat

Assuming I have that correct, most of us will arrive by Wednesday or Thursday. For the marathoners (@avondale & @jmasgat), when do you plan on arriving?

This is what I have...
Not-Quite-Dopey (10k & Goofy): @GuinnessRunner (who decided to stay in Australia)

Assuming I have that correct, most of us will arrive by Wednesday or Thursday. For the marathoners (@avondale & @jmasgat), when do you plan on arriving?

I was planning on Friday, but haven't booked flights (although I booked a room from Wed-Tues in case a bout of insanity hit and I registered for Dopey. Fortunately, I stayed sane enough to only register for the marathon)

@vkeating and I are signed up for Dopey. We will be there no later than Wednesday morning and have a reservation at Beach Club for the weekend.

Cannot wait to get the OK to start running again, as I am not a very "happy" walker.
My daughter and I will be at Beach Club as well!

Also, I have been making my way through some minor injuries lately (three of them - one right after the other), so I understand your frustration to a smaller extent. Today's run did not go well, and I cut it short by two miles, so I may have to walk a little more over the next few days... and I am a horrible walker.

This is what I have...

I will be coming in early, on Dec 31 for a family vacation and head out on the Tuesday after the Msrathon. Long trip, but it will have been over 2 years at that point and I will have some Disney Magic to experience!

A meet up sounds great!

This is what I have...

I'd love to meet everyone, but my schedule may not be cooperative.

I haven't booked a flight yet because I'm waiting for Southwest to open up January so I can compare their prices. But I plan to arrive by noon on Saturday. Some of my family (mother, sister, sister's son) are arriving Sunday afternoon-ish and then we are all staying through the week following the marathon.

I do hope to join some form of the Goof Troop for the marathon - this is really the main reason I'm doing it! :)

I'd love to meet everyone, but my schedule may not be cooperative.

I haven't booked a flight yet because I'm waiting for Southwest to open up January so I can compare their prices. But I plan to arrive by noon on Saturday. Some of my family (mother, sister, sister's son) are arriving Sunday afternoon-ish and then we are all staying through the week following the marathon.

I do hope to join some form of the Goof Troop for the marathon - this is really the main reason I'm doing it! :)

There’s always DATW the Monday after for socialization, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter