CJK's journey BACK to the real me!!!! Comments welcomed and encouraged!!

Hi CJK~

It sounds like you had a wonderful time on vacation!:cloud9: I'm glad to hear that you had a good time!:goodvibes

That is great that you got back into exericising right away! The food will come.... Celebrate each healthy food choice that you make....And if you slip up? Acknowledge it, learn from it, and then move forward. You CAN do this!:cheer2: We are cheering you on to VICTORY!:cheer2:

Have a great week ahead!:cool1:

THANK YOU for that kick in the @#% that I definitely needed! I've had 4 days being back on track with food, water and exercise. You may notice that I still had a couple days of BAD EATING since my last post, before I started this 4 day streak of good eatin'! :eek: I just couldn't get my act together. I even ate at KFC!!!!! :eek:

I'm feeling pretty strong again, although I'm facing more temptation. Tomorrow I'm having lunch with a friend and then dinner with friends on Saturday. I'm nervous because I'm still trying to lose the weight that I gained during my 11 day binge, and then I would like to lose an additional 5-10. Oh how I long for the day when I start maintaining! :cloud9:

I'm so sorry for not getting to your journals. I hope to get to them this weekend. I miss hearing about how everyone is doing.

Have a great weekend! :goodvibes

CJK: Welcome home, so glad you had fun! It takes a bit of time to settle back into your routine. Also, once the tummy gets stretched out from vacation eating, its hard to go back right away to your normal amount of food. But it sounds like you have made the transition. That is what counts, getting back on track. Thats what maintenance is all about, staying with the program overall. Its good to have fun on vacation, who wants to be a diet commando in Mexico? So welcome home and congrats on getting back on track. We missed you!

4 days back on track is great:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: . I'm sure you will do fine at your lunch and weekend dinner. Have a wonderful weekend! :thumbsup2

Hi CJK
Well done for getting back on track - its sooo hard to do that, it just shows how strong your will power is!!!
Sometimes we just need to take time out from our 'healthy eating' ;)

I think 4 good days in a row definitely counts as being back on track.

You usually do pretty good when faced with temptation, I'm sure you'll do fine this weekend! :goodvibes

Thanks all. I'm sure that if it weren't for all of you and this journal, I'd still be eating my way back to my original size.

I managed to do well on the weekend with food. I had one white russian, but everything else was fine. I was pleased. A dear friend asked me to be MOH in his wedding so I was quite touched by that. Now I have even more motivation to stay on track this year.

I must admit to feeling really, really down. Dh has noticed a real shift in my attitude - and not for the better. For 8 months I was riding high. If I went to dinner and made a healthy choice, I'd feel so proud of myself. Now? I feel angry and deprived. This is my 11th day of being back on track and this attitude shift is really weighing on me. I need to figure out what's going on. Whenever I do allow myself a little treat, I just want to eat more and more of it, so I can't really let myself cheat much right now because I don't seem to have my usual self control. The trouble, is that we have 3 parties this weekend, with one being a superbowl party with all the bad foods you can imagine.

I've got a lot of stress right now in my personal and professional life. I think it all has to do with emotional eating. I can't give in to it or I'll wind up back to where I was last year. If anyone has any prayers or positive thoughts to share, I'd really appreciate it. I hope this is just a phase that I have to get through and then I'll be back to my ole self.

Thanks for listening.

We all go through those rough spots. I think if you are that stressed that you hit it right on the head - it's that old, nagging habit of emotional eating trying to make a comeback. DON'T LET IT!!!!!

Find something that you don't associated with eating when you feel the urge to snack come on (for me it's either reading, surfing DIS or watching TV). Then hopefully once you get engrossed in that activity, the feeling will have passed.

You CAN get through this, hang in there!

HI CJK :hug:
Sending lots & lots of positive vibes your way pixiedust:

It almost is certainly due to the stress you say you have in your personnel & profesional life!
I'm just trying to think of ways to help & thought what about writing a list of things you know de-stresses you & doing them.
Also the fact you are having to deny yourself every treat will make you disheartened, tell yourself a little of something in moderation is ok & once you can do that i think you will get your self control back :goodvibes
Hope you feel more positive soon,
take care :flower3:

:hug: CJK,

Keep on keeping on!:cheer2: You have done a great job in the past and I know you will continue to do a great job!:cheer2:

I know how hard it can be to stop emotional eating when you're under so much stress. I think the key is to take it step by step and day by day, realizing that we are going to have both good days and bad days.:hug:

Replacing emotional eating with healthy habits is a great idea! Maybe when you want to eat and you're not hungry, you can come here and post about it. Maybe you can do a quick exercise, maybe 15 crunches or lunges... Maybe brush your teeth so you won't want to eat.... Try several things out. You'll find one or maybe several that you can use in place of the eating. I know firsthand that it is easier said than done, but CJK, I have confidence in you that you can do this!:cheer2: You have come so far, please don't give up now!:hug:

I hope you have a great weekend!:grouphug:

I often wonder how much the weather and time of year effects our mood and attitude towards our eating. This early part of the year, you're in total depression following the holidays plus the weather is bad, so you don't feel like getting out and doing things.

The fact you're able to work through that and stay on track is HUGE. You are overcoming your emotional reaction to eating, and that is something I'm so jealous of. Even though you're angry and feeling deprived, you're still able to see the forest through the trees and stay strong. Keep it up! We all know what you're going through!

The fact that you recognize that it is emotional eating, not real hunger is huge. That gives you the power to fight back - and you have the power to do so! You are a stronger, healthier, normal BMI woman because of all your hard work! Others have made great suggestions about distracting yourself until the craving passes. I think I read somewhere else that if you still have the craving after 3 hours, then allow yourself a small treat and that will satisfy the craving. The weather/season is affecting all of us, but it is already February. Spring will be here before you know it. Just hang on a little bit longer and it will get better and easier. :sunny:

You're all just so wonderful, that I just can't express how much it means to me. :goodvibes I may not have posted for a while, but please know that I have been lurking. Truth be known, I haven't felt worthy of posting yet... :guilty:

I've never considered myself a binge eater, but I seem to have gone down that path this past weekend. :sad2: I had 11 days of good eating since our trip to Mexico, though I admit it was a REAL STRUGGLE. Then, last weekend I had 3 parties. Instead of using my usual tactic of portion control, I completely gave into all my cravings and lost control. Have any of you had the Costco frozen cheesecake slices? In one box, there are 4 kinds of cheesecake: amaretto, creme brulee, chocolate and berry. Anyway, I discovered that I can never, ever keep a box in my house again. It wasn't pretty!

In my mind during my 2.5 day binge, it was as if I was telling myself to eat as much as I possibly can because it will all end tomorrow. I was actually disappointed whenever I felt full! Ironically, I really felt like I wasn't depriving myself during these last few months. I was still allowing myself some treats, but maybe not enough? :confused3

I haven't weighed myself, but I know I did some damage. I still wasn't back to normal weight from our trip. This little binge has done nothing to help me get back on track. I'm still wearing the same clothes, they're just a little tight on the waist! However, since Tuesday of this week, I am finally back on track.

No really, I am! :p

I think I need to mix up my program as you've all suggested. I went out last night and bought some new exercise dvd's including Carmen Electra's strip tease, pilates dvd, salsa dvd and an aerobic dvd. I also bought some new foods to try such as different nuts, skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. I've made a clothing shopping date with some friends for the end of March so that's my reward for staying on track over the next couple months. I will still allow myself treats along the way (ie. Valentine's day, dh's b-day, etc...), but within reason. I will not feel deprived anymore!!!

Thanks for all your support. I'm off to read some of your journals. I'm sooo behind and I've really missed you! Amazing how that can happen when we've never physically met before!

CJK: You can do this, don't give up or give in! And yes, I have had that Costco cheesecake before, its evil its so good! Buying some new workout DVD's was very smart. A great way to motivate and reward with a non food thing that will really help you exercise. I think anytime you lose a lot of weight, the first few months of maintaining that loss are especially hard. Add to that the fact its been the holiday's and winter and its just a challenge. But you have had a lot good days, so its not as though you have fallen off the wagon, just had a few bumps. You can do this and you will! And I am glad you missed us, I feel that way too when I am gone from WISH. We are a community of friends here to support each other!

In my mind during my 2.5 day binge, it was as if I was telling myself to eat as much as I possibly can because it will all end tomorrow. I was actually disappointed whenever I felt full! Ironically, I really felt like I wasn't depriving myself during these last few months. I was still allowing myself some treats, but maybe not enough? :confused3

I've really missed you! Amazing how that can happen when we've never physically met before!

I completely understand that, and have had the same thoughts at times!!

You CAN turn this around, and we are here to support you.

I also agree with the fact that we are friends, even though we haven't met IRL, but ya never know! Maybe one of these days at Disney.......;)

Have a great weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter