Claire & Chris-getting hitched Disney style 5th Oct 2011.I'm a Mrs!!

brer rabbit 28

Dude, you were like, 'Whoa!' and then we were like
Hello everyone:goodvibes

So having lurked around so many planning journals I have finally taken the journal jump into my own! It's probably a little soon as we have over a year to go, but seeing as we are now "officially" engaged after being Unofficially engaged for four months, it feels like a good time to start.

So here is our back story:

I met Chris four years ago. I was living in my hometown Manchester and Chris was in Grimsby on the east coast of the UK - about two hours apart. We both worked for the RAC (breakdown company like AAA). Chris is a patrol and I was his dispatcher in the office.

This is us!

DSCF1044.jpg

We were telephone friends for a year before we met face to face. Then one day he came to the office on a work visit and we just clicked. A few weeks afterwards he invited me to come over to Grimsby for a few days and that was it.Head over heels! I have never met anyone as funny and charming and I knew that this guy was definately a keeper. We had a long year of driving to and fro (mostly me I might add!) until I took the plunge and Moved to Grimsby. This was a hard decision as Manchester is a big city and Grimsby a very small seaside town. however, he was worth the move and he has promised me we will move back to Manchester one day :rolleyes1.

He had never been to Disney before and me being slightly obsessed he knew it was inevitable. Little did I ever expect him to instigate a Disneyland Paris trip for our 2nd Christmas together.

This is us at a very very cold Disneyland Paris:

25122008447.jpg

DSCF1848.jpg

It was so damn cold!

Anyway after this he was hooked and Florida was without doubt the next port of call. I'm gonna show you some pics from our holiday last year, just so you get an idea of the kind of idiot he really is. Honestly, Chris is 30 going on 13 and I love that about him.

Image019.jpg

Image040.jpg

DSCF2359.jpg

This was meeting Tigger, Chris literally bounced up to him.

Image058.jpg

One kissy pic--aah

Image195.jpg

Just wanted to show you guys a pic of my engagement ring. We started plainning ourwedding a few months back but he wanted to officially getting engaged when I least expected it. He went down on one knee at the castle in disneyland Paris in June. I've already posted our engagement story on the main board so here is a pic of the ring and a few taken on the same day.

DSCF2396.jpg

DSCF2356.jpg

6664296.jpg

Please let me know if I am boring you all with too many photos. I know I have a tendancy to go on a bit.:blush:

You could never bore me with photos!:thumbsup2 I say the more the merrier;)

Chris's personality certainly comes through in photos ... i laughed out loud at the tigger one ... I ran like a kid when I first saw tigger ... i was nearly 30! Chris is Cool:thumbsup2

Love your ring

Ive never come onto the trip planning forum before, so to get another UK bride as the first thread I read is helpful - will be subscribing and following along:thumbsup2

photos are the best part of PJ's :goodvibes Congrats on your engagement!

You could never bore me with photos!:thumbsup2 I say the more the merrier;)

Chris's personality certainly comes through in photos ... i laughed out loud at the tigger one ... I ran like a kid when I first saw tigger ... i was nearly 30! Chris is Cool:thumbsup2

Love your ring

Ive never come onto the trip planning forum before, so to get another UK bride as the first thread I read is helpful - will be subscribing and following along:thumbsup2

Thank you so much:goodvibes. I know when I read PJ's I love seeing lots of photos.
Great to meet another UK bride. When is your wedding? Have you started a PJ yet?

photos are the best part of PJ's :goodvibes Congrats on your engagement!

Thanks Weedee. I love your siggy pics. :goodvibes

Time for some updates as DF has disappeared off fishing for the afternoon. He seriously wanted me to go with him and watch! LOL. No thanks!

So originaly we planned to get married in vegas. I secretly harboured the Disney wish but didn't want to force it on him. After a few weeks looking at Vegas wedings, Chris suggested Disney. I very calmly said, "Oh, are you sure. Well if you insist" lol. Took him about a week to peel me off the ceiling after this!

So looking into it we quickly realised that there was no way we could afford a DFTW. So the next plan was Leu gardens, which looks lovely but its not Disney right? So a bit more internet digging and I found a company called Destination Occasions. It's run by a lovely lady called Carrie who does all the wedding planning and she suggested Fultons Crabhouse at DTD. Still Disney but without the price tag. So that decided it. Chris loves boats and we both really liked the idea of such an unusual wedding.

fulton-s-crab-house.jpg

This isn't the best picture really. It looks a bit gloomy. The wedding ceremony takes place on the third deck at 3.30, then we are going to stay there for our reception. As we are only taking our Mums and a couple of friends it wll only be a small reception.

Then after the reception we plan to head over to the Grand Floridian and go on a Wishes Cruise.

Also, we've booked Randy Chapman for our photography. His emails really make me laugh - he seems so cheerful and genuinly enjoys his work. He's going to come up to our hotel early ( we are planning to stay on Disney property the night before and night of the wedding) and take pics around the hotel, then stay throughout the wedding ceremony. We've also booked him to come back on the Wishes Cruise with us later on.

Congrats and happy planning! And there's no such thing as too many pics for a PJ. You and your DF look like such a fun couple!

Fulton's is a great location, I'm sure it will be wonderful. We went there for dinner for the first time in March and loved it, the food was awesome and the atmosphere if great too!

Looking forward to hearing more.

Hi :goodvibes

I'm always relieved to hear good things about Fultons. Although I've walked passed it and taken photos of it, I've never actually eaten there. Also, as we don't have time for a planning trip I feel like I'm going in blind!

How are your plans going rachy? Are you going to update your pj? Not long now for you :goodvibes

I just realised that i havn't shown you the other loves of my life. We have 4 (yes 4!) fur babies.

Jakey

DSCF0182.jpg

Tommy

DSCF0227.jpg

Felix

1felix.jpg

Harry

DSCF0633.jpg

One of harry just isn't enough for me so here's another!

DSCF0630.jpg

Chris already had Jakey, Tommy and Felix before I met him. Harry is really my baby, although they all get equal amounts of fuss.

I know it's getting so close. Not updated my PJ in ages, got the feeling not many were interested due to it not being a DFTW x

I know it's getting so close. Not updated my PJ in ages, got the feeling not many were interested due to it not being a DFTW x

That's what I was concerned about too. I'd love to carry on reading your PJ though

Yay, you started a pj! I love the ring, it is so unique! And you can never have too many pictures! I love the idea of Fultons, it is still Disney, and is very unique. I look forward to reading as you plan!

I am interested in all your PJs!!!
I am just about to start mine as I have at last officially booked!!
I too am concerned that people will not be interested as it is:-
a) at the Swan
b) a vow renewal and not strictly a wedding.
I'll do a PJ anyway as I will enjoy doing it I think!!

I am interested in all your PJs!!!
I am just about to start mine as I have at last officially booked!!
I too am concerned that people will not be interested as it is:-
a) at the Swan
b) a vow renewal and not strictly a wedding.
I'll do a PJ anyway as I will enjoy doing it I think!!

Congratulations on booking! It's an exciting feeling isn't it. I'd love to read your pj. I think it would be nice to read about an alternative to DFTW.

Yay, you started a pj! I love the ring, it is so unique! And you can never have too many pictures! I love the idea of Fultons, it is still Disney, and is very unique. I look forward to reading as you plan!

Thank you:goodvibes I hope you enjoy reading. I'm hoping you guys can help me with decision making as I'm so indecisive!

Ok, i will update this week.

Have you started dress shopping yet? x

Yes I have started dress shopping. I'll post some pics

I decied ages ago that I would wear a 1950's style tea dress to get married in. I love that style and it's more flattering for my body shape.

The first dress I fell in love with was from Vivienne of Holloway - at the bargain price of £85!!

show_image_in_imgtag.jpg

Then I found these dresses at Dolly Couture:

dolly-couture-wedding-dresses-bever.jpg

verona-short-wedding-dress-new_1.jpg

So I've kind of bounced backwards and forwards between the three until last week when I found this on Etsy.

il_430xN146657789.jpg

I'm totally in love with this dress. I emailed the seller and arranged to pay half now and half next year when I'll send her my measurements. I could wait until next year to pay a deposit but if I do that I'll start thinking about the other dresses again!

I'm a bit nervous as it's coming from America and I can't try it on until I've actually bought it. But I have tried on similar styles and they suit my pear shape. And I can always get it altered if need be.

I'm also considering an orange petticoat

PSSTyleORANGEPetticoat.jpg

My wedding colours are orange, turquoise and lime. I really love tropical, bright shades and these are such happy colours. The orange petticoat might be too much.I guess I'll decide that nearer the time.

So what do you think?

You have definitely picked the right dress.

Heres my reaction as i scrolled down teh pages:
"Thats Nice"
"Thats OK"
"Thats OK"

"Ohhhhhhh thats gorgeous"

and the idea of an orange petticoat sounds good to me - I love different coloured petticoats under wedding dresses of that style:thumbsup2

I agree!!!!
That dress is soooooooo pretty
You definately made the right choice!!
Any thoughts on hair etc or shoes?

I think that all of the dresses are beautiful, but that last one… wow! And the orange crinoline is amazing - it is bright and fun and it will look amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter