Clearing The Air About Hannamae And Mug

Thanks for coming back to "clear it all up"! Sorry to hear about the dog and the health issues. Thank you so much for bringing some fun into our lives. I hope you realize is WAS all in fun. Hencforth and forevermore, your little dog will live on in the "hanname" hearts of DIS/DVCers! Thanks for enlivening this place for awhile, and hope you have a wonderful trip and can refill your mugs many times!

Dear Pat,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post to us. It is a sincere honor to make your acquaintance, and I hope you will continue to be a contributor and vital asset to the Dis-board.

I have a dog named Hannah. Before the Mig-inspired thread, I often teased her with Hannahbanana....but once the Hanname thread got underway, I started calling her Hannah-Mae! She is a healthy and happy 4 year old Golden Retrievor. I am sorry that your Hannamae is no longer with you...our pets bring us so much love and comfort while they are here that the world often seems a much harsher place when they leave us.

Your Hanname would be so excited to realize the legacy she has left on our Dis-board! And she has made GOOGLE, which is pretty impressive for any dog other than Lassie!

Hanname brought tears of joy and laughter to so many of us who...REALLY ...need to get a life! But joy and laughter is a wonderful thing.

Please don't apologize for misspellings....egad, most of us here do it all the time and without any excuse!!!! (except for RASH, cause he has to use his horse's hooves on the keyboard).

And yes, tell us when you are going to WDW and Saratoga Springs so that an HONORARY REFILLABLE MIG will be presented to you upon arrival with our compliments for so many hours of feeling the Hanname spirit!

Hi Pat,

I'm sorry to hear about your dog but please know we meant no disrespect.

Annmarie

:wave2: thank you all for the good wishes. i would have used my site but i forgot my pass word,i know it was all in good faith,but the pronuncation is hanna mae
im i made you laugh like someone said laughter is the best medicine.
now just to say im going to dec with my daughter her family and my husband . we're coming home to ssr
thanks again for the well wishes
pat

BOY YOUGUYS HAD A REAL GOOD TIME 74 PAGES WOW I AM POPULAR AND I DONT MIND IN SPITE OF MY KID DEFENDING ME THATS WHY I LOVE HER SO MUCH
PAT :earboy2: :cool1:

Pat,

Wow, glad to see that you came back and posted and solved what might be the biggest DISboard mystery of all time! I'm sorry to hear about your loss, but how cool to think that a pet who brought you such love and joy came to represent our expression of ultimate joy here on the DVC boards! Hope you have a great trip to SSR in December. :)

I am so happy to meet you. Thanks for checking in with us. You post brought togetherness to this fourm like no other post has. Thanks.

Hi Pat

So glad that you came back to tell us a bit about yourself. There weren't too many people here who weren't wondering what Hanname (now known as Hannamae) was (or who, such as the case is known now!). Your dear doggies name has now become a word of greeting in the DIS-DVC boards. I think we really proved just how silly adults can be when they get going.

I join with everyone who is pleased to chat with you and welcome you to our community! Come and visit often!

I'm bumping this as it seems more appropriate for the top of the forum than that other thread. :sunny:

Welcome again, Pat. :grouphug:

Pat, Thanks for solving the mystery.

Be happy to know that you brought joy to all of our lives.

Here's to hearing Welcome Home in December.

Kathy

Pat, just wanted to say nice to meet you!

Your post brought joy and smiles to many! There are so many posts around here of people bickering and it really was nice to have a post where you could smile through most of it. And now with the exception of the tears for your Hanna Mae this post will bring smiles to many as well!

jpmom97 said:
BOY YOUGUYS HAD A REAL GOOD TIME 74 PAGES WOW I AM POPULAR AND I DONT MIND IN SPITE OF MY KID DEFENDING ME THATS WHY I LOVE HER SO MUCH
PAT :earboy2: :cool1:

It's very clear that she loves you too. :goodvibes

I hope you all have a wonderful time @ WDW in December. Your illness, a family member deployed...you need a vacation!

Mystery Solved!

Hi Pat! :wave2:

You brought our board SO MUCH joy!...not to mention the addition of a new word in our vocabulary.

:goodvibes to Hanna Mae. I know what it is like to love pets...I have two beautiful greyhounds myself. They are my fur babies!

Hey Pat, just wanted to say I am so sorry of the passing of Hanna Mae. When "the thread" was started, I was going through that horrible thing also. my beloved greyhound had just died suddenly. I spend many many days reading and laughing so I would stop crying.

Thank you for bringing so much joy, laughter, and new friendships to all of us. Make sure you let us know about your trip to SSR. We just bought there and are so excited about going home. Hope you and your family have a wonderul time! :flower:

Robyn

I was so glad to see your post! I was afraid we had offended you and scared you off. Glad to have you in our DVC community. Have a great trip!

Janeen and Pat,

I don't suppose I feel right posting in this thread, but I came across something the other day that I had never seen before, and Hanna Mae's story made me think of it. I hope you like it:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Best regards, and I hope you and your family share many wonderful experiences with DVC.

OK, Joe...now you have me in tears. That is beautiful. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter