• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Closing Time!!

Home: BWV
Title Company: TRCS, Inc
Offer made: 4/16
Offer accepted: 4/16
Sent to ROFR: 4/17
Passed ROFR: 5/3
Closing docs received: 5/15
Closing docs returned: 5/16
Seller returned closing docs: 5/21
Closing: 5/22
Deed recorded: 5/22
Account showing new contract: Not yet
Points in my account: Not yet

UPDATED

Home: AUL
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 3/12
Offer accepted: 3/13
Sent to ROFR: 3/16
Passed ROFR: 4/23
Closing docs received: 4/26
Closing docs returned: 4/27
Seller returned closing docs: 5/23
Closing:
Deed recorded:
Points in my account:

UPDATE:
Home: BWV
Title Company: First American
Offer made: 3/9
Offer accepted: 3/9
Sent to ROFR: 3/15
Passed ROFR:
Closing docs received:4/19/18
Closing docs returned:4/20/18
Seller returned closing docs:5/17/18
Closing:5/23/18
Deed recorded:5/24/18
Points in my account:6/4/18

After almost of 3 months we are finally done and have our points to book our trip. This was a extremely long process that I am very happy is finally over!

Last edited:
Man the time between Deed recorded and creation of a new account by Disney is killing me... Looks like this should take 10 to 14 days but I'm now on day 14 and haven't heard anything :( checking spam filters, refreshing... ughhh

Man the time between Deed recorded and creation of a new account by Disney is killing me... Looks like this should take 10 to 14 days but I'm now on day 14 and haven't heard anything :( checking spam filters, refreshing... ughhh
You might want to give member admin a call. Sometimes the account is created just the communication is slow.

Just received confirmation that our contract passed and getting ready to send the documents and payment to the title company.

I've read that some people have needed to go through their documents carefully and make changes.

From the ones I received, it seems pretty straightforward. Anything in particular I need to be mindful of?

Thanks in advance.

When you say refreshing, are you an existing member? If not, you'll have to wait for a letter from DVC or call in to Member Admin (if they'll give you the information over the phone). I never received an e-mail.

Well called member services and they didn't have me in their system yet :( They transferred me to a nice woman whom checked on where it was in the process and she indicated they hadn't received the closed deed... Maybe I'll try again next week and check. Strange that DVC doesn't have this info 14 days after the deed was recorded.

Well called member services and they didn't have me in their system yet :( They transferred me to a nice woman whom checked on where it was in the process and she indicated they hadn't received the closed deed... Maybe I'll try again next week and check. Strange that DVC doesn't have this info 14 days after the deed was recorded.

Who is your title company?

Updated

Home: AKV
Title Company: Magic Vacation Title
Offer made: 4/8
Offer accepted: 4/10
Sent to ROFR: 4/11
Passed ROFR: 5/4
Closing docs received: 5/7
Closing docs returned: 5/8
Closing: 5/15
Deed recorded: 5/17 -- (Checked Orange County FL website). This is 2 days after closing.
Points in my account: As of 5/24 DVC hasnt even received my info from Title company.

Updated

Offer made: 4/8
Offer accepted: 4/10
Sent to ROFR: 4/11
Passed ROFR: 5/4
Closing docs received: 5/7
Closing docs returned: 5/8
Closing: 5/15
Deed recorded: 5/17 -- (Checked Orange County FL website). This is 2 days after closing.
Points in my account: As of 5/24 DVC hasnt even received my info from Title company.

If you are concerned about it, contact the title company and ask them when they sent everything over to Disney after the deed was recorded. However, don't be surprised if the holdup is on Disney's end. A lot of people in that department are on vacation right now for the next 1-2 weeks. :(

Still no points in my acct. Anyone had their new contract added to an existing membership lately. Same UY, different resort.
Thank goodness I'm not looking to book a reservation, because there are still no points in my account. Monday will be 3 weeks and given that it's a holiday I'm assuming that it's going to take at least 3.5-4 weeks to see points in my account. The deed was recorded and Disney was notified May 7 according to the OCC. The contract was added May 21 and still :bored:.

I'm a fairly patient person, but I'm getting concerned about the points sitting in the previous owner's acct. Does anyone know if the points are removed from the previous owner's acct once the contract shows up in the new owner's acct?

Thank goodness I'm not looking to book a reservation, because there are still no points in my account. Monday will be 3 weeks and given that it's a holiday I'm assuming that it's going to take at least 3.5-4 weeks to see points in my account. The deed was recorded and Disney was notified May 7 according to the OCC. The contract was added May 21 and still :bored:.

I'm a fairly patient person, but I'm getting concerned about the points sitting in the previous owner's acct. Does anyone know if the points are removed from the previous owner's acct once the contract shows up in the new owner's acct?
Got my welcome home letter aaaaaand still no points in my acct :confused3

Yikes. I’d be giving them a call.
I did. They are clueless! No idea where my points are or why they are not there. One rep told me to contact “where I bought from” as if they’d know where the points are. I’m beyond concerned & on seriously annoyed now.

I did. They are clueless! No idea where my points are or why they are not there. One rep told me to contact “where I bought from” as if they’d know where the points are. I’m beyond concerned & on seriously annoyed now.

Call member administration and ask to be connected to the person who inputs the points into your account/whomever currently has your file. Escalate to a manager if necessary. I wouldn’t get off of the phone until they got to the bottom of it.

UPDATED

Home: BCV
Title Company: ***
Offer made: 3/23
Offer accepted: 3/23
Sent to ROFR: 3/27
Passed ROFR: 4/9
Closing docs received: 5/1
Closing docs returned: 5/1
Seller returned closing docs: ?
Closing: 5/5
Deed recorded: 5/7
Points in my account: 5/31

I wrote a very nice letter to customer satisfaction this AM explaining that I couldn't possibly entertain buying more points if I were fired from my job for hanging out on the phone for hours for days on end. I even added a smiley face :lmao:.

Got a voicemail on my phone 2 hrs later. An hour later points were manually loaded :thumbsup2

Updated!!!!

Home: PVB
Title Company: First Reliable Transfers
Offer made: 3/22
Offer accepted: 3/26
Sent to ROFR: 4/4
Passed ROFR: 4/19
Closing docs received: 4/24
Closing docs returned: 4/25
Seller returned closing docs: 5/11
Closing: 5/11
Deed recorded: 5/14
Points in my account: 5/30

Offer Made: 4/20/18
Offer Accepted: 4/20/18
Sent to ROFR: 4/24/18
Passed ROFR: 5/11/18
Closing docs received: 5/17/18
Closing docs returned: 5/23/18
Closing: 5/24/18
Deed recorded: 5/25/18
Points in my account:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter