• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

C'mon Disney... You're Better than that!

I did get my confirmations for everything and I do the same (take a picture and keep the email). I just went in and checked again - there is literally availability for almost everywhere at anytime I search for. Odd.

I had trouble when making FP and had to call. I was on hold for 14 minutes. Good thing I had FoP before the glitch.

unfortunately, disney is NOT better than this. Their IT sucks and their website is glitchy as all heck.
I was on the phone with an IT customer service rep who told me the reason all four of my browsers across 3 different devices were getting pictures of Stitch was due to the fact I needed to clear out my cookies. Yessssssssss because I'm a worsa technodope than I already acknowledge being and nevah run utilities; sheesh.
Obviously her excuse annoyed me, LOL.

I was on the phone with an IT customer service rep who told me the reason all four of my browsers across 3 different devices were getting pictures of Stitch was due to the fact I needed to clear out my cookies. Yessssssssss because I'm a worsa technodope than I already acknowledge being and nevah run utilities; sheesh.
Obviously her excuse annoyed me, LOL.
This is the browser version of "have you tried turning it off and on again?" lol. which is always my go-to and fixes 95% of IT issues in my office and makes people think I am a genius. Best if you wait like 90 seconds before turning back on.

I've found Firefox works the best with Disney's system. I've had problems with Safari and Chrome but never Firefox.

unfortunately, disney is NOT better than this. Their IT sucks and their website is glitchy as all heck.

And has since the first time I came across the version they had in...2007?

imagine how awesome Disney could be if they recruited and paid for the best and brightest.

Imagine how expensive. :)

The managers my ex knows at Seattle Disney IT are paid perfectly well. Then they have 18 year old interns with iffy skills (the 18 year old with AMAZING skills I knew couldn't get hired...his family also went to Disney often so he actually knew what went into planning a trip, so obviously they couldn't have HIM on staff to question management) doing the actual work.

She even said "you know, the phone is the best route. Unfortunately nowadays by the time 7am hits, a lot of the popular restaurants are booked."

Well that makes no sense. They are working with the same systems we are...

I've found Firefox works the best with Disney's system. I've had problems with Safari and Chrome but never Firefox.
Count your blessings.
FF is my go to laptop browser followed by Chrome, and Edge. On my personal devices I still have Safari.
I say when none of my browsers can connect and I clean out my cookie caches every Tuesday like clockwork (great way to not forget, LOL) it ain't me babe, no, no, no, it ain't me babe - it's Walt yer looking for......with apologies to Bob Dylan.

Sadly? No, Disney is not better than that :(. Perhaps one day, around 2040...
The only semi sure fire way to actually make a Reservation, and give WDW money, is to CALL. Odd, given that it's 2018 :(.
WDW has simply chosen to NOT have a viable Business Web Site. They tend to run a constant expirement, with ZERO change control.

Just us - we pray for the day when WDW tires of loosing money, and gives the whole thing to Amazon Web Services. THESE folks are pretty good at running real Business Web Sites.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

I had expected to have difficulties when I hit the 180 day window. I was ready at 5:50 with my phone, tablet and laptop in case there were issues. Surprisingly, I only needed my phone and I got everything I expected by 6:20. I even got 2 BOG breakfasts, one I wasn’t even expecting because it was on day one of our trip. I would have been done at that point but I had to wait until 7 to get CRT and BBB. I didn’t get CRT because I found out later the night we wanted was a party night. Maybe certain days are worse than others. Hopefully there won’t be issues with FPS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter