*****Come join the FUN! - OFFICIAL April 2018 Thread*****

We have had snow days, and delays, and early releases :( I teach also BUT I teach Dance so we have had most closed days fall on Wednesdays...which ends up stinking for those classes! This week looks like it will hit on Tuesday, which stinks but at least its not my Wed classes! I am starting to tweak dining adrs.

Yup, we are on the South Shore of Mass too. DH is a teacher too. He's had 4 snow days. The kids have had 3. DH teaches in a town that floods so he had a "snow" day even for the noreaster that was mainly all rain. I work in a group private practice and am technically self employed - so I kind of make my own call as far as snow days. That being said, it is a hassle rescheduling an entire day's worth of appointments and I don't get paid if I'm not working. Can't wait to be in flip flops, not boots!!

We are going April vacation - spending only 2 days at WDW (mainly to see Pandora and then we have to get in a day at MK if we are there). Then the rest of the vacation we are down just south of St Pete relaxing on the beach!

@ddluvsdisney and @bebec22 Are you going over April vacation?
Yes going over April vacation. Leaving the 13th! Can’t wait!!
So for all the teachers on this thread- only 25 more schools days! :yay:

Also in MA and looking at snow day number 7 tomorrow! Uggggghhhhhhhh. Spring break can't get here quickly enough!

Headed to WDW April 15-23 and we can't wait! We live in CT and have had 7 or 8 snow days so far. I have lost count and think we may have school until July! And probably another snow day tomorrow. UGH! Dreaming of warm weather and sunshine in April though!

Yes going over April vacation, leaving the 14th. Speaking of flip flops, I need to add “get pedicure” to my to-do list!

24 days here. Do you not get Good Friday off? Also, looking more and more like a snow day here for Tuesday!
What schools have April break so far after Easter?? I am 11-17 and based on crowds assumed no school breaks were happening that late.

What schools have April break so far after Easter?

All MA public schools (and some other New England states, maybe?) have the same week off each April for spring break. It has nothing to do with Easter, although sometimes overlaps, but rather is the week of Patriots' Day/Marathon Monday, which is the 3rd Monday in April. So this year our spring break week is the 16-20th. Expect a lot of MA and New England peeps down in FL that week!

All MA public schools (and some other New England states, maybe?) have the same week off each April for spring break. It has nothing to do with Easter, although sometimes overlaps, but rather is the week of Patriots' Day/Marathon Monday, which is the 3rd Monday in April. So this year our spring break week is the 16-20th. Expect a lot of MA and New England peeps down in FL that week!
oh ok - Jersey schools have their break surrounding Easter so this year it is the first week. I picked my dates to miss the Star Wars marathon and spring breaks - or so I thought. In all reality there doesn't seem to be a slow time anymore - hopefully it's "slower" than in December when I was there (8-14)

hopefully that doesn't mean crazy crowds

Obviously I can't be sure, but if the crowds are crazy I don't think it will be the MA/RI/ME spring breakers causing it. We are at the very tail end of spring break and those states are so small compared to, say, if the entire state of TX had the same spring break week. While I'm not expecting the parks to be empty, I think compared to earlier weeks in spring break it shouldn't be too bad. Definitely not December levels of people! [fingers crossed...]

Fingers crossed for good crowds too, although I am a bit nervous with all of the "holy crazy" reports that came out of January and February. I scheduled my week (9-16) based on a few other spring break threads, plus I wanted to miss the half-marathon and most of the cheerleaders.

I just wish they'd extend hours outside of Easter week! I can't believe that MK is really going to close at 9pm on a Saturday in April.

Yes going over April vacation, leaving the 14th. Speaking of flip flops, I need to add “get pedicure” to my to-do list!

24 days here. Do you not get Good Friday off? Also, looking more and more like a snow day here for Tuesday!
Yes we do get Good Friday! How did I forget that???

We have been going for April vacation every year since 2005 and as long as it doesn’t fall on Easter, the crowds are manageable.
But like someone said there really are no slow times anymore.

We are getting slammed with snow tonight/tomorrow. 12-18 in. The most this year.
My school district cancelled tomorrow before the kids were dismissed today. With their track record, I probably won’t be there Wednesday either.

Fingers crossed for good crowds too, although I am a bit nervous with all of the "holy crazy" reports that came out of January and February. I scheduled my week (9-16) based on a few other spring break threads, plus I wanted to miss the half-marathon and most of the cheerleaders.

I just wish they'd extend hours outside of Easter week! I can't believe that MK is really going to close at 9pm on a Saturday in April.
Same regarding the cheerleaders I forgot that was another push to book when I did - but at the end of the day it's Disney and that's never bad

I had no clue - hopefully that doesn't mean crazy crowds
I don't think it will be too bad. I've gone this week many times (when it doesn't coincide with Easter) and it has always been very manageable.

While I'm not expecting the parks to be empty, I think compared to earlier weeks in spring break it shouldn't be too bad. Definitely not December levels of people! [fingers crossed...]
I was there this past Dec 27-31. I think the parks will feel empty compared to that week!! Lol

Yes we do get Good Friday! How did I forget that???

We are getting slammed with snow tonight/tomorrow. 12-18 in. The most this year.
My school district cancelled tomorrow before the kids were dismissed today. With their track record, I probably won’t be there Wednesday either.
I completely forgot about Good Friday up until a few weeks ago! I think that's the day I'll start packing! I feel like we might live near each other. Are you close to RI?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter