• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*****Come join the FUN! - OFFICIAL April 2018 Thread*****

29 more days (18 more school days)! Our magic bands shipped today plus I was able to change our flight so we get to Disney 5 hours earlier than originally planned! Super excited!
Oh that is awesome - I wish I could change mine to earlier instead of arriving at 9:15pm

Our last trip was the first trip where we arrived late at night. (9:15 is late at night for us!) there was something magical about arriving in the dark and waking up to Disney!
Last few trips we arrived by 10am latest - most were the 9:30 am arrival which is nice but exhausting- this trip I said let's get in later and start the next day fresh - my flight was free with points and DH was $168 with a bag so there was no beating that. I figure we can get to Pop unpack take a walk around and get settled in to hit the ground running first thing next day.

Only 12 more work days!!!!

Last few trips we arrived by 10am latest - most were the 9:30 am arrival which is nice but exhausting- this trip I said let's get in later and start the next day fresh - my flight was free with points and DH was $168 with a bag so there was no beating that. I figure we can get to Pop unpack take a walk around and get settled in to hit the ground running first thing next day.

Only 12 more work days!!!!
My sister stayed at Pop last month. She was in a refurbished room. It was beautiful!! The bathroom area looked like a deluxe resort!! Wasn’t sure if you heard they were doing a refurb or if you saw the new rooms.

My sister stayed at Pop last month. She was in a refurbished room. It was beautiful!! The bathroom area looked like a deluxe resort!! Wasn’t sure if you heard they were doing a refurb or if you saw the new rooms.
I was actually there in December lol and was lucky to get a refurbished room they are so nice! Hoping for another lucky chance - I follow the refurbishment board on here so check it daily for updates on status. I have preferred this time so hopefully that helps

Now comes the time I start rethinking my packing list (I make mine early I'm crazy) and stalking the weather. My DH laughs because I not only make outfit lists but I really want to keep certain ones for certain days based on park plans - have I mentioned crazy but at least it's official - under three weeks

Totally get it! I have a "Hakuna Matata" tee for AK and my DD has a tee where Minnie says hello in English, Spanish, and French that she WILL be wearing on our Epcot day!! :rotfl2:

Our magic bands came today! I let my girls pick skins from Shop Emily G for this trip, so we put those right on the bands and they are SO excited to wear them. Countdown is officially on now! :)

I got my skin from the same shop...they didn't happen to pick out sparkly It's A Small World ones? :)

they didn't happen to pick out sparkly It's A Small World ones?

Nope (Ariel for one, all the princesses for the other), but I actually considered that one for myself! Then I decided to buy a millennial pink band, so I didn't want to cover it up. I LOVE the IASW one - it just looks so happy!

@bebec22 I know exactly how you feel. We are at 11 days and I can't believe how fast the time has passed. I'm really starting to panic about everything I have left to do. We started getting our clothes together yesterday but I need to kick it into high gear with the packing!

19 days!!! I so need some warmth, sunshine, and magic!!! I'm really not one to complain about the weather, but this New England winter is just d..r..a..g..g...i..n...g!!!!! I starting organizing outfits for this kids this past weekend. Having to pack in secret bc they don't know we are headed to WDW for school vacation yet. We've asked them to give us their top three choices of things to do over school vacation and we are going to pick one from a hat that morning we leave. They will be over the moon excited!

19 days!!! I so need some warmth, sunshine, and magic!!! I'm really not one to complain about the weather, but this New England winter is just d..r..a..g..g...i..n...g!!!!! I starting organizing outfits for this kids this past weekend. Having to pack in secret bc they don't know we are headed to WDW for school vacation yet. We've asked them to give us their top three choices of things to do over school vacation and we are going to pick one from a hat that morning we leave. They will be over the moon excited!
I hear you, we are in NE Ohio and I’m DONE with this winter. On the other hand it will be easy For you to hide packing since they won’t miss the shorts and short sleeve shirts:confused3I am so jealous, I was never able to pull off a secret trip because I can’t hide MY excitement and not talk about it:rotfl:

Another New Englander DONE with winter!!
Surprise trips are so much fun!! We surprised my boys for their b-day when they were 6 and 10 yo. We didn't tell them until we were leaving for the airport. They thought they were going to school that day. LOL

I love everyone talking about early packing. I have no doubt my wife & I will wait until the day before we leave.
Me too. Maybe 2 days before since I have to do my daughters packing still. I hav3 nothing out yet, not even a list started and I only have 12 days

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter