• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cost worth it?

MiraclesTakeTime

Mouseketeer
I've looked at the ABD website and received pamphlets in the mail, but the cost seems so high to me versus booking these same trips myself. For those of you who have taken these trips, do you feel the value was there?

I've looked at the ABD website and received pamphlets in the mail, but the cost seems so high to me versus booking these same trips myself. For those of you who have taken these trips, do you feel the value was there?
For my husband and me I’d say yes, it’s worth it. AbD takes cares of everything. Never have to worry about extra money for tipping various people…porters, wait staff, etc. just the two Abd guides at the end. Plus, if anything goes wrong, again no worries. While in Australia our plane had a flat tire and the Kensington group had to take hours long bus ride to get out off the Outback. Disney secured lodging quickly for us, figured out something to keep us busy that evening, paid for our complimentary alcohol drinks that day, and took care to make sure all our next trips were re-scheduled for us.

In Egypt, Egypt air schedule was changed so they re-did the itinerary quickly so they added another tour because of the extra timing we had. Also I don’t know if other groups you get the entire great pyramid of Giza shut down just for your tour group, or you get to be up close and personal with the Sphinx, something reserved for dignitaries, or if Luxor temple is shut down just for your private tour of the place With no other tourists, or have an entire flight chartered with Egypt Air to get you to your resort destination action.

in Peru, some of us got altitude sickness and our AbD tour guide made sure we were taken care of with oxygen. And one of our group members, a luggage was left behind in one our destination and they made sure it was tracked down and delivered to their room.

Just my personal opinion, but yes the five star hotels and the complete no worries vacation from the time you land to the time you leave makes AbD tours worth it for us.

For me, the biggest advantage of ABD is how much they are able to pack into each day. The logistics or transporting yourself and your bags from location to location would often be very difficult or impossible. You can probably still do everything on the list, but you would have to add days on the trip.

For the European itineraries, I usually don't think they're worth it. I would rather go for a few extra days and save the money. But if your time is limited, they get a lot done in a week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter