Costco 3 Day Tickets

mieuxmew

DIS Veteran
Costco stores in our area are selling Universal Studios 3 day/2 park tickets for $145. I understand from this board that the tickets are good for ANY three days until they expire 12/31/2015 (thus can be used on different trip years). I confirmed with Costco store that they do have an expiration date of 12/31/2015.

My friend went to Costco to purchase tickets and was told by someone at Costco they expire 14 days after 1st use. She called ticketing at Universal Studios also said the Costco tickets expire 14 days after 1st use.

Neither of us personally saw the tickets, so we did not read the fine print.

Anyone here have any experience using these tickets or can confirm they are good for ANY 3 days until 12/31/15 and do not expire 14 days after 1st use?

Thanks!

I bought these last week with the intention to use them for a one-day excursion in April and then the second two days in September. From what I read on the ticket, they are valid ANY 3 days through the 2015 expiration date.

Maybe the last set of tickets Costco sold had an expiration of 2013 and had to be used in the 14 days, and that's what store personnel are recalling.

Just make sure when you or your friend are purchasing the tickets that they say 2015 (not 2013) and have the info stating ANY days, not within 14 days of first use.

I bought one and plan on using one of the days in Sept. I have the ticket here at home with me. It looks exactly like one you would normally buy

I bought one and plan on using one of the days in Sept. I have the ticket here at home with me. It looks exactly like one you would normally buy

Does it say anywhere on the ticket that it expires 14 days after first use or does it say any three days? In the many threads we've had on this topic, everyone's says "Any three days" and nothing about 14 days.

It does not, although some of the printing is microscopic.. I will have DH double check me tonight since his eyes are much better than mine.. lol

It does say "Vaild any 3 days until Dec 31, 2015" That is printed bigger

Okay, finally found the photo I was looking for.

CostcoTicket.jpg

We bought them and have used one day on each of ours. We are going to use the other two days during Spring Break.

That is not what the Costco tickets look like. They look more like undercovertourist tickets. small, blue trim surrounding, size of a credit card

That's a photo of the display sheet hanging on the shelf at Costco. You take that to the counter and they scan it and then you go to the customer service counter where they give you the actual tickets.

That board says 2013, but the tickets I got last week are good through 2015.

Oh, I had someone pick mine up for me so I never saw that display. Yes mine says 2015 on it

we bought the Costco tix in July 2010 (our expiration says 2013) and so far have used 2 out of the 3 days; those 2 days were on trips that were more than a year apart. They were fine, we had no problem entering the park. It says right on the back of the ticket "Valid any three days until 12/31/2013". I had the same concerns, because Universal doesnt typically have any type of non expiring tickets, but these are indeed good for separate vacations.

I bought these tickets a couple of weeks ago. We plan to use one day on each of our upcoming trips over the next two years. I did read all the fine print. No where does it say the days must be used within 14 days of the first use. It says it can be used any 3 days through December 2015.

These would be perfect for our trip. We can only do 1 day at IOA/USF this Sept, but would plan on using the other days on future trips. But the big problem is where we live....Nebraska. When I read about these tkts a few weeks back, the Costco locations selling them were in the East. Does anyone know of a Costco somewhere near us that is selling these? I wouldn't mind driving a few hrs to purchase them.

Here's hoping! Thanks so much.

Does anyone know if there is a way to check which warehouses have them? I'm from Ontario but would gladly take a several hour drive for that deal.

Does anyone know if there is a way to check which warehouses have them? I'm from Ontario but would gladly take a several hour drive for that deal.

You would have to call around.

The tickets work as advertised, yes, any three days through 2015. The clerk is wrong, just wrong. I have a ticket good through the end of 2014 with one day left on it and used the previous 2 days several months apart with no problems, issues or concerns. Biggest problem is where to keep it so I don't lose it. :rotfl2:

I think most Costco's in the US have them, but his is pure speculation. I live in the suburbs of Chicago, and the Costco's in Oakbrook and Naperville (or is it Aurora) have lots.

Dolby1000

I just called Costco stores in Omaha NE, KC MO, Des Moines IA, and Aurora CO. None of them sold these tkts. I asked if they could be transferred in from another Costco store, and the answer was "No".

Our trip isn't until Sept, and we are driving down. Not sure if any of the Costco's will have them in the towns we drive thru, or not. I would rather purchase them now & know that was taken care of.

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks, damo, I just read thru the other threads. There were 2 Costco's in GA that previously had them. But, we won't be driving thru that area until Sept. Are these tkts carried year around? Or only at the holidays, and until stock is gone for that season?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter