Country Inn & Suites Calypso Way

The shuttle schedule is only available for one week at a time. I haven't forgotten but I won't have it until closer to your travel dates. I'll send it to you as soon as I get one.
Faye

The shuttle schedule is only available for one week at a time. I haven't forgotten but I won't have it until closer to your travel dates. I'll send it to you as soon as I get one. In answer to your last question, yes, we do have a guest laundry facility.
Faye

Faye, could you post the current shuttle schedule so that we get an idea of how it runs? According to the "unofficial" hours we are seeing for May it shoud be similar, maybe? It would just be interesting to see a sample shuttle schedule.

Also, can you tell us how late you can swim there? With parks closing earlier it would be fun to come back and swim.

Thanks Faye. We don't mean to keep nagging, we're just curious about your Inn. There are so many choices and price ranges that it is hard to be sure that you picked the "right place" unless you know EVERYTHING. You're willing to share info about your place...that's more than I can say about some of the others. I've read many threads about other hotels BUT I have NEVER seen anyone associated with the place post any answers. Keep up the good work and keep us informed!

Also, we're all curious about the shuttle schedules. I know I've heard of hotels advertising shuttle service and then you find out there is only ONE VERY PACKED shuttle going in the morning and the same thing at night. That's why we all keep asking for some info on the service. I'm sure you'll let us know more.

Laundry service on site sounds great! I've stayed at some places that didn't have this convience! Bad choice!

Lynnette-Kevenswife2

I called the hotel directly about the shuttle and they said they have 3 in the morning and 4 or 5 in the evening starting around 5pm. I have not been able to find an offsite hotel that has any early afternoon shuttles. This would really be a selling point for me! I have a one year old and would like to take a midday break.

I read several posts asking if the pool was open late. I did not see anyone answer. Did anyone ever get this info? We too like to swim late in the evening after the parks.

I was curious on the times for the shuttles. I also have 5 yr old twins that like breaks midday. Did the hotel give you any idea on the times of the shuttles (both day and evening??).

I'm also wondering if, for example, they would be packed say after the Spectromagic parades. We also have two strollers to drag with us.

Thanks so much.

The shuttle times change periodically, however, if it helps - here is the current schedule for today April 8, 2002.

Shuttle Departs hotel for Walt Disney World
8:40 AM
10:40 AM

Shuttle departs Walt Disney World for Hotel
7:15 PM
9:30 PM

Shuttle Departs hotel for Universal Orlando, Sea Word, Wet 'N Wild
8:05 AM
10:15 AM
7:00 PM Universal Orlando ONLY

Shuttle Departs Universal Orlando for Hotel
4:10 PM
6:10 PM
8:00 PM

Shuttle Departs Sea World for Hotel
4:20 PM
6:25 PM
8:15 PM

Shuttle Departs Wet 'N Wild for Hotel
4:05 PM

Shuttle Departs City Walk at Universal Orlando
9:30 PM
11:30 PM
12:45 AM
2:00 AM

Keep in mind these schedules are subject to change - these times only reflect the schedule that is posted today for today. Hopefully, this will help give everyone an idea of the frequency.

By the way, the pools at the hotel are open until 11pm daily.

Faye

Faye, thanks soooooooooooo much! Those times look real flexible and managable. I am thrilled. Will you read the thread on here called offsite shuttles and tell us if you use the one that sounds nicest? We know you are very busy and appreciate all your help. With the thousands of views, you can see your resort is a true interest to us!

After posting the times for the shuttles I realized I had called the Country Inn & Suites at LBV. Sorry! I then called the Calypso Cay location and was about to enter the times but see that Faye had already posted the schedule. Thanks Faye. I only wish there was something returning early afternoon.

We will be at this Country Inn and Suites from May 8-13. Flight arrives at MCO at 9:30 a.m. and departs 4:30 p.m. What time is check-in/out and is there a place to change clothes to use the pool before and after check in time on our arrival and departure days?

I think they're building a changing and bathroom area. The web site is going through "growth" and the pics aren't working but the descriptions below the red X says changing area at calypsocay.com

Does anyone know if there are sandwiches or snacks available anywhere in the complex? Maybe at the Tiki Bar? I would think with a place this big they would have some sort of food available.

I was just looking at the Calypso Cay website and there was a picture of "a snack cabana next to a waterfall". Don't know what they have as the picture didn't come through...only the words.

Since this thread is becoming the FAQ's of Country inn and Suites Calypso Cay, I would like to see if any one knows if the busses are handcap accessable? My DH will be in a scooter because of bad knees. We are planning on driving to the parks because of the scooter,but honestly, if we don't have to put the scooter in and out of the car, it would be great.

Does anyone know for sure if the 1 bedroom suite has a game system in the living room? I think I read something about that somewhere along the way. My DS is all set to stay at HIFS but the 1 br. at CI&S is much less expensive - I'd sure like to convince him that he will like it as well. Also, we are wondering how comfy the sleeper sofa will be. Our DS is a big (and I do mean BIG) 10 year old so I want to be sure the mattress on the sleeper sofa will be thick enough for him to be comfortable. TIA.:)

I'm not sure about the king suites, but we're going to be staying in the kidsuite, 1 king bed, 2 twin beds in a separate area w/game system. It is $69.00 through valutrips.

Hello everyone!
I've been traveling so I haven't been able to check the DIS Boards. I am back and here are the answers to some of your questions.

The Tiki Bar at the pool is due to open in about one month and it will have alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks along with some food items like hotdogs, hamburgers, ice cream, etc.

As for the question about the scooter - does it fold?? The bus is a large bus - like a city bus. If it folds they may be able to do it. If not let me know and I can check on what options are available for you. You can email me at fgoldberg-calypsocay@cfl.rr.com

There is a changing area at the pool and breakfast is served at the AmeriSuites and the Country Inn beginning at 7 AM.

Let me know if there are any additional questions (or if i've missed answering any )

Faye

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter