Country Inn & Suites Calypso Way

Does anyone know whether the in-room coffee maker is regular size or a 4-cup pot? Will probably be stopping at the store for supplies before we get to the room and need to know what size filters etc. to buy. Thanks in advance.

What time is check in? Our flight arrives at 11, figure by the time we stop and have lunch and drive out there it should be about 1 or so. Are the rooms ever ready that early. And btw, when is check out?

We stayed here in a king suite from Sunday April 21 to Friday April 26.

First some bad...
There is no closet in the king suite.
There was no blanket for the fold out bed. Had to ask.
There was a towel on the floor (we spilled some coke) the maid service didn't pick it up till my husband said something.

Now the good...
The breakfast is good. You can toast waffles, bread and bagels. They have frest fruit, cereal, donuts, and boiled eggs.
The room was nice but a little small.
The pool was perfect for my daughters. ( 6 & 1 )
They had a guy playing music by the pool in the morning very good.

Over all a good place and we might stay here again.

We stayed at the new CI&S near Universal a few months ago and I thought the room was very small. We also had a king suite. The bedroom door and the bathroom door kept hitting when we opened one or the other. Since it was new it was very clean but basic.

and overall enjoyed it. We were in a king suite and I thought it was a bit small for my family of 4, but since we were hardly there it wasn't that much of an issue.

The only complaints I have are:

The water pressure in the shower was terrible. I had to stay in there 10 minutes longer than usual to get all of the conditioner out of my hair.

There was not ample closet/drawer space for all of our clothes (and I packed light). There is a very small hanging area just outside of the bathroom (I think it had maybe 5 or 6 hangers...not room for any more). The king bedroom had a small 3-drawer chest. The TV hutch in the sofa area also had 3 small drawers.

And, although this is somewhat beyond the hotel's control - our room faced the pool and the noise level was pretty loud up until 11 p.m. (when it closed). So if you have to have peace & quiet in order to go to sleep (like me) you may want to request a room on the
parking lot side. I can say the hotel security did strictly enforce the 11 p.m. rule - one night there were a lot of teenagers in the pool and at 11:10 I looked out the window to see the security guard making them leave.

On the positive side, the room was clean, breakfast was good, and it was in close proximity to the parks. My daughters loved the pool but I would agree with an earlier post that it would probably be very crowded if all rooms were booked (CI&S, AmeriSuites, and condos).

I would stay here again and thought it was a great deal for $59/nt.

We'll be arriving several hours before check-in time and plan to hang out by the pool. Are there towels available pool side, or should I pack some in our luggage? Our trip is May 8-13

Hi from a sunny Sunday morning in Belfast, Northern Ireland,

We are going to Orlando on 22nd June (our 7th time) and as we are timeshare owners we book our accomodation through exchange with Interval International. We have our first week arranged at Fairfield Orlando at Star Island however our second week beginning on 29th June is yet to be sorted. I am very particular about which resort we stay at as I find several in Orlando are now quite old and as it costs us so much money for flights etc we like to make sure we are not disappointed by our resort.

I notice from the latest edition of Interval International's directory that this Amerisuite resort is now included. I was wondering if anyone has actually exchanged into the timeshare part or could anyone give me some info on it. Obviously we are not intending to take a timeshare presentation and are not obliged to do so. Perhaps Faye could help me with this. We like to see floor plans etc before we confirm an exchange and prefer a 2/3 bedroom unit.

I think we noticed Calypso Cay last year on the 535 and the only thought which I had at the time was it seemed to be sitting on its own with not a lot beside it. However if the facilities are all included (pool etc) this is not a problem.

I look forward to hearing from you. Many thanks.

Carrickdisfan

Carrick, I think if you go to the actual calypsocay site there are pictures of the units and floor plans. They are in the (I think) construction update or construction new area of the site. They are beautiful in the pics. I know because I called there a couple months ago thinking you could book these for a vacation. I was told they have apartments- runaway bay or two hotels on property for "regular" vacationers and that the time shares were only for y'all time share folks. Do they say y'all in Ireland???:D

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply. I must look up the website and have a nosy at the rooms.

We only say y'all when we have just come back from the States - usually for about a couple of days we are talking about the footpath being the sidewalk, the bathroom being the restroom, chips being french fries, crisps being chips, definitely being for sure and of course saying to people 'have a nice day' and then they look strangely at you as if you are not wise.

The equivalent to y'all could be yous or yousins. In different parts of Northern Ireland there are different dialects - I suppose just like the different states in the good old USA.

Another one of your sayings - see you real soon or as we would say see you later.

ncbyrne -

There are towels poolside but they were gone as quickly as the bin was filled. They did refill them throughout the day - you'll need to
keep an eye on the bin and get them as soon as they're put in there. (this was by the common pool - don't think there were any by
the CI&S pool).

Hope this helps! Have a great time! I'm jealous because I'm ready to go back!

I just got back from Country Inn and Suites at Calypso Cay and wanted to tell you my experience. First, let me say that the place is nice and clean. I stayed in a KING SUITE and found, like a previous writer, that my bathroom door and bedroom door kept getting "caught up" on each other. You can't have the bathroom door partially open since it opens out, it either has to be open all the way or closed to not be in your way. The common area pool "waterpark" was small but my three year old had fun. There's zero entry, spraying crabs, and three fountains, but from pictures I expected more. Like someone previously said, if all the rooms were full, it would be packed! Each hotel has their own pool BUT, ours was closed 5 of the 6 days we were there. The Tiki Bar isn't open yet and the loud music they played on the speaker was nice BUT it kept cutting out in the middle of the songs. I feel that security in the parking lot is a big issue as only one-third of the lights work and there were some VERY DARK areas.

Shuttle Schedules: STINK! Only one shuttle was going over to the Magic Kingdom and one back. The day we were there the shuttle was to come back at 7:30pm which would have been fine the rest of the week, BUT this day the park was closing at 9:30! If we had used the shuttle we would have missed the Spectromagic parade and the fireworks!! The shuttle to Magic Kingdom stays the same ALL week not taking into account that the park changes it's hours...sometimes daily. All other shuttles you have to catch at AmeriSuites. One driver in paticular was very nice and professional...the other was down-right rude to a couple from China. He was yelling at them to GET ON THE BUS, I DONT HAVE ALL DAY and, I HAVE A SCHEDULE TO KEEP! No wonder some other countries think we're rude. This "large " man wouldn't even get off the bus to open the door and get out our stroller. This was my first time with a shuttle that it was "self serve" and then he has the gull to stick out a GRATUITY can! The schudule was a little better for the other parks. BUT the shuttle stops at other hotels and it took us 1:10 (one hour and ten minutes) to go the 8 miles to Universal. This hotel is stop number 2 out of 7.....they don't tell you that in the brochures.

Laundry Service: On a previous reply I had asked about a guest laundry. Faye Goldburg had said that there was one. This, right here, IS THE REASON I'LL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!! The director of sales had told me that there was a guest laundry so I packed fairly light. I knew I would have to do laundry during the week...AFTER spending a day at the park. I got back after a long, hot day at IOA. It's 9:00 and I'm tired but I need to do laundry so that my family will have clothes to wear the next day. Laundry rooms are on floors 6 & 4. I was on 7 so I went down to 6 and opened the door....there's a laundry room BUT NO WASHER OR DRYER! Okay, I roll with the punches so I go down to the 4th floor. Open the door and guess what...NO WASHER AND DRYER!! I'm now slightly pissed. I go to the front desk and they tell me to go over to AmeriSuites! That's almost a football fields length away, carring my dirty laundry! When I get over there there is already a line THREE PEOPLE DEEP! Mind you, it's now 9:30 at night. AND....THERE'S ONLY TWO WASHERS AND TWO DRYERS!! Two each for over 300 rooms. Now I'm really angry BECAUSE FAYE HAD TOLD ME THAT THERE WAS A GUEST LAUNDRY! You would think the Director of Sales could be a little more honest. A gentleman at the front desk of AmeriSuites said that they have many guests from County Inn complain to them about this very thing. He told me of a laundromat in Kissimmee....but it was closed at 9:30. I had to wash some clothes in the tub for the next day...we had a reservation on the Shuttle Express to Busch Gardens which I couldn't cancel, and then take a whole day off to go to Kissimmee and wash my laundry. The gentleman at the front desk of CI&S said that they used to have washer and dryers but when the building was built they forgot to install outside vents for the dryers and the rooms kept heating up. He never apoligised for our inconvience.

So, if you want to catch a shuttle to anywhere but Magic Kingdom you have to go to AmeriSuites. If you need an ATM, it's at Amerisuites. If you want to swim in a pool that's not full of kids, it's at Amerisuites. If you want to do laundry, it's at Amerisuites. If your child likes kid type cereals, they're at Amerisuites. Want free popcorn...it's at Amerisuites. If you want a parking lot that has it's lights working, go to Amerisuites. If you want to avoid all the timeshare salesmen at breakfast, go to AmeriSuites. And, if you want to see the fireworks and Spectromagic parade drive yourself OR stay somewhere else like Holiday Inn Maingate East which has direct shuttles and changes it's schedules to accomadate the parks hours.

My advice...go to AmeriSuites or better yet, with all the other properties and great deals, stay somewhere else. I'm not picky about my hotels, but I didn't like these surprises. All I need is a clean room which I feel secure in, and the shuttle service and the guest laundry were two of the reasons I chose this place...and they didn't meet my expectations. :(

WOW,,,, THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO!
THIS WAS THE HOTEL I HAVE CHOSE FOR OUR MAY 2003 TRIP.
BUT NOW I'M THINKING HOLIDAY INN FAMILY SUITES AGAIN.
HOW WAS THE WATER SLIDE? IS IT AT AMERI-SUITES ALSO?
THANKS ,
LISA

The waterslide was fun but it was small. One loop around was it. I had seen the artists rendering of the proposed "waterpark" and had expected an island with palm trees and for the whole complex to be larger. There was no island and the complex was compacted together more than I expected. The waterpark is in between AmeriSuites and CI&S. It was fun but got very crowded when everyone came back from the parks. If you are talking about Holiday Inn Maingate East, I stayed there in 2000. I really liked their shuttle service to the Disney parks. Straight over and back. No stops at other hotels. And there was several shuttles going both ways, not just one in the morning and one at night. Oh, and you got to stay for the fireworks and late parade. I actually told my husband that we should have stayed there this time but all the praise on these threads and the shuttle service to ALL the parks and shopping changed my decision. You just never know until you get there. Faye had made it look like there was a couple of shuttles coming and going to Disney, but I found that that was not the case. Any more questions, just ask. Lynnette, Ohio too! (I'm near Mt. Vernon, where are you?)

I've never heard of Brookville, but I have been to the Air Force Museum in Dayton several times. Are you planning on flying or driving? We've always driven (17 hours, breaks included) but decided after this trip that we will fly the next time. I hate the traffic around Jacksonville, FL! Scares the c**p out of me every time.

:confused: I hate to hear of the problems you had. I have ressies there for the end of May and know it will be hard to get another hotel for the price I am paying, plus it is a holiday weekend. Anyone have any suggestions?:confused:
Life is like a box of chocolates, If you are not careful you will get it all over you!

BROOKVILLE IS ABOUT 45 MINUTES FROM THE AIR FORCE MUS..
WE ARE DRIVING .... DONT KNOW IF I'M READY TO FLY YET.
I AM PRETTY NEW TO FLYING ANYWAY.
I AM DREADING THE DRIVE THOUGH.
WE ARE PLANNING ON DRIVING TO THE SOUTH SIDE OF ATLANTA THE FIRST DAY.
AND THEN ON TO ORLANDO THE NEXT. YUK!
I JUST ASKED THE HUBBY LAST NIGHT( YOU SURE YOU DONT WANT TO FLY?)
HE SAYS DRIVE!!!!
O.KKKKK

Sonnyday, don't get me wrong. It is a very nice place. Our room was comfortable and clean. Everyone was friendly and helpful. If I had planned on driving to all the parks and had not planned on doing laundry I would have been quite happy here. I just feel like Faye deceived me when she told me that there WAS a guest laundry. Two washers and dryers in the other hotel for over 300 rooms!?! Not a very good ratio. I got a very good price of $54 and was very happy with that.

LisaLisa, I know you probably go a different way down. I've only gone that way once...29 years ago! Any horrible cities to go through? I would fly in a heart beat if I had the extra money! Hope you have a safe trip when you do finally go.

FYI: ALL the parks are checking all bags, backpacks, hippacks, etc. Disney is doing the most thorough job. Condense everything as much as possible. We started the week out with several hippacks, a backpack, and a camera bag. By the end of the week we were down to a hippack and the backpack because we had to open EVERY ZIPPERED COMPARTMENT so that they could look through. If you want to save time...condense! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter