Coupon Train ~~ New Riders Welcome!

Coupon newbie;)

I have used coupons in the past sorta here or there. But I have been reading and lurking sorta I really thought I could do this. So I really put my mind to it.
Its alot of work saving money. I also join this coupon train(super :worship:cool) I poured over the sales ads, online, and I signed up for several coupon site as well as a few manufactures site. I made the list according to store, and on Friday the 14, I went shopping armed with my coupons and here are the results:
Walgreens - I saved 20.78
Walmart - I saved 8.67 (I did not need much from walmart)
Publix - I saved 57.11 (using store and vendor coupons)
Total saved - 86.56
Wow :cloud9: I'm so sold on this my DH could not believe all the grocery and thing I bought.
How did I do my first time. Please any suggestions or tips will be well appreciated and put to go use. Please PM me.
:yay:_ this is me with extra money for our upcoming trip.

Coupon newbie;)

I have used coupons in the past sorta here or there. But I have been reading and lurking sorta I really thought I could do this. So I really put my mind to it.
Its alot of work saving money. I also join this coupon train(super :worship:cool) I poured over the sales ads, online, and I signed up for several coupon site as well as a few manufactures site. I made the list according to store, and on Friday the 14, I went shopping armed with my coupons and here are the results:
Total saved - 86.56
Wow :cloud9: I'm so sold on this my DH could not believe all the grocery and thing I bought.
How did I do my first time. Please any suggestions or tips will be well appreciated and put to go use. Please PM me.

I think that the most savings I have had with coupons comes from letting go of brand loyalty and purchasing things on sale + coupons. I guess in the scheme of life Dawn and Joy clean my dishes just the same! I also follow a couple local blogs that list weekly posts of our local stores matching coupons with sales....let those lovely ladies do the work for me! Enjoy your coupon adventure!

Coupon newbie;)

Total saved - 86.56
You did just great! :cool1: The only tip I can offer is to stockpile as much as possible taking into consideration your available storage space and the shelf life of whatever it is you're stockpiling. I try to never buy anything if it isn't at least on sale that week. If I have a mfg. coupon that sweetens the deal and if I can also apply a store coupon, it's that much sweeter!!

I think that the most savings I have had with coupons comes from letting go of brand loyalty and purchasing things on sale + coupons. I guess in the scheme of life Dawn and Joy clean my dishes just the same! I also follow a couple local blogs that list weekly posts of our local stores matching coupons with sales....let those lovely ladies do the work for me! Enjoy your coupon adventure!

I agree! :worship: the bloggers! They save me so much time when they list sales prices and coupon match up for various stores. :flower3:

I am trying to pm you and it is not working so if you could let me know how to get it to work i would like to be added to the coupon train

I am trying to pm you and it is not working so if you could let me know how to get it to work i would like to be added to the coupon train

Hi Mandy48449 and welcome to DISboards! :) Go back to page one of our thread and read the first posting. It gives you a pretty basic idea of how we operate our coupon train. If it sounds like something you would like to do, just send me the information by replying to my PM I'll send you. I don't think you can initiate a PM until you have ten postings on DIS.

I would love to get involved in this too if you still have room! I always feel so guilty throwing out old coupons so this would be great for them to find a new home:goodvibes

party: :bday::cake: HMCFALL711 :cake: party: :bday:

:banana:have a great day!!:banana:

VanessinWonderland - gotcher envie, it was a little postage due, but that's fine, I paid the few cents ransom and got it.:rotfl:

VENT ALERT: :mic:HOW, even after we take an envie to the PO, it's weighed by a clerk or by the kiosk, we print out the PO's label of postage, is it even possible that we could owe more? 1) Was the inital clerk's scale not correct? and if so, is that something we should pay for? 2) Who is taking the time to re-weigh something that's already got an official PO label on it?

I mean, I could see if I guessed and threw a few stamps on there, but if the PO has already weighed something, to owe more seems a little nutty.

I know this happens a lot to us coupon train riders, and it just drives me batty:crazy2:

:banana:have a great day!!:banana:

VanessinWonderland - gotcher envie, it was a little postage due, but that's fine, I paid the few cents ransom and got it.:rotfl:

VENT ALERT: :mic:HOW, even after we take an envie to the PO, it's weighed by a clerk or by the kiosk, we print out the PO's label of postage, is it even possible that we could owe more? 1) Was the inital clerk's scale not correct? and if so, is that something we should pay for? 2) Who is taking the time to re-weigh something that's already got an official PO label on it?

I mean, I could see if I guessed and threw a few stamps on there, but if the PO has already weighed something, to owe more seems a little nutty.

I know this happens a lot to us coupon train riders, and it just drives me batty:crazy2:

You're right and it is very frustrating when that happens. My thinking is some postal workers are a little overzealous about their postal duties and when they double check to make sure the envie will slip through the width measuring device that's what messes up the original calculation. I've had postal clerks sort of help it through that slot and if it doesn't totally get stuck in that contraption, they charge the rate for the 1/4 inch thick envie. I've had others claim if it doesn't just fall through on its own, it has to be charged the 3/4 inch postage rate. It costs quite a lot more postage if it has to go for the 3/4 inch rate. I think that's the glitch. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter