Crowds Sat 12/16 & Sun 12/17, APs blocked

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
I'm wondering thoughts on that weekend's crowd levels since AP blocks will go into affect. Maybe a nice time to visit actually or better to wait for the week? And I know taxes, death, and Disneyland will be crowded, are the only guarantees in life. Trying to get a feel for "summer before AP blackouts start" crowded vs "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU TALKED US INTO THIS" crowded. (The following week has short hours that have not extended so I'm worried about that hitting the low crowd EMHs and low crowd late nights that we like.)

We'll be there that weekend and I'm also very curious as to what the crowds will be like. I'll follow this thread too and see what people think.

Keep in mind that Signature passes aren't blocked yet, but those are their last two days.

Most Signature-holders I know (myself included) have plans to go that weekend, because for us it's the best option (lower passes blocked, "last chance" before Christmas).

The low hours for the following week perplex me. I suspect that next week will be MUCH less crowded, though.

Keep in mind that Signature passes aren't blocked yet, but those are their last two days.

Most Signature-holders I know (myself included) have plans to go that weekend, because for us it's the best option (lower passes blocked, "last chance" before Christmas).

The low hours for the following week perplex me. I suspect that next week will be MUCH less crowded, though.
Agreed! There are a decent amount of Signature APs who may one to knock out one final Christmas trip. While in the summer, dates when everything but Signature is blocked are lower crowds, those are more distributed than one weekend.

I actually have a Premier this year, so may try to go the following week just to see if my assumptions are correct.

For anyone going though, I’d just roll with it. Depending on your touring style, I would get there early, leave late. And definitely MaxPass! We had it yesterday-Thanksgiving, and despite crowds could get more and earlier FPs just by refreshing, even for a party of 6!

Oh!! Forgot about those. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter