CRT PS selling on ebay right now

Imagine bidding on a b-fast ressie . . .OMG what is the world coming too? Are people that desperate to pay someone money for making a phone call to get ressies at Cindy's? I'm sorry to be naive, but I cannot see why Cindy's is so important to get into . . .will it ruin someone's entire vacation because they could not get ressies? I don't know, I just don't get it!

It's selling for 36.00$!!! I hope the people at Dsiney see what a monster they have created.

Disorbust, I'm confused as to how Disney is at fault for this? Certainly there is a very high demand for this meal. Disney makes it available to everyone on a first-call first-served basis. They don't restrict it to resort guests, or guests staying at certain resorts. Even though they could, they don't charge a premium for the meal (it's priced the same as the other character breakfasts.) There are a limited number of seats and a huge demand for them. Something like this was bound to happen.

I can't imagine a more "fair" way for Disney to handle this. I guess they could eliminate the breakfast altogether, that would do it.

Perhaps if they required identification at check-in, or charged a non-refundable deposit that would help things.

I'm just surprised that you think this is something Disney needs to take shame for.

Perhaps they should begin requiring a credit card number at the time of making the PS like they do for certain dinner shows and the like. That may cut back on the amount of people who would make a reservation for profit. Not sure though. But I do think it's crazy to pay that amount of money for a PS there.

:rolleyes:
I think Disney should start taking cc ressies only.
As with other PS', what is to stop the person who booked the PS to call in and cancel it? Or even in this case, sell it more than once?

The final cost on the res. after shipping, handling and ins. for the mail ended up being $73!!!! This proves 1 of 2 things to me......1) Either the system is terribly broken and needs fixing fast, or.....if they (Disney) don't want to change the system, then 2) I should be grabbing up all PS's at all the meals that I can and make money off of them auctioning them on E-Bay, hey, what's stopping me!:mad:

As gcurling asked: How in the world is Disney to blame for this? If there is anything Disney can do about it, what would be your suggestion?

the system is terribly broken and needs fixing fast
Once again, what fixes to the system will prevent this kind of auction from taking place?

Park Admissions Passes cannot be resold according to Disney's rules. Guess how many are available on ebay right now? How does Disney prevent this? By putting a photo on every pass sold?

What this tells me is that Disney is choosing not to milk us with respect to CRT ressies. Clearly the demand indicates that they could charge much more for the meal and (as proven by this case for at least these bidders) even charge for the darn priority seating itself!

In order to even out supply and demand, they'd have to either dramatically raise the price of the meal, or add a whole bunch of seats. Then, the black market for PS's (if you can call one instance a black market) would go away.

How is this for a fix....

You must reserve with a credit card. (no charge needs to be made at this time) To be seated, you must show the credit card that you used to make the reservation.

Hope a solution to this problem can be found because I see this sort of thing catching on and getting out of hand.

gcurling- I don't think this is Disney's fault, but its probably in their best interest to try to stop it. Yes, the passes are resold, but are there people in it for the profit, or are they just people who have the extra days and want to get something for them?

Even if selling passes does make a profit, at least the pass scalpers aren't taking passes away from anybody else. If I want a park hopper, I can ALWAYS buy it from Disney.

With CRT reservations, however, I can see this getting pretty big, pretty quick. Even if they only went for $25 each, that's quite a return consdering all it costs to get one is a phone call. Also, unlike the park pass example, the ressie scalper IS taking that reservation away from another Disney guest who couldn't get through as quickly.

You're right that one way to fix the problem would be to charge for the reservation, but I think the CC requirement would go a long way towards improving the situation before it gets out of hand.

I "blame" Disney because they are well aware of the problems with the CRT PS and do nothing! When we were there in January they had so many no-shows that they were "yelling" for walk ins. I believe this has to do with people making "several" PSs and using the one that fits their schedule and NOT cancelling any extras. Others just have a "difficult" time getting there in the AM. CC hold would help eliminate this. WDW does CC hold for the Alice Tea and Pirates cruise. For them to use CC holds for CRT would be labor intensive and "probably" not cost effective in their eyes but could realy eliminate EBay bidding, etc... I do believe Howie started with good intensions but that also has gotten out of hand.
Your would think with all the MBAs working at WDW they could come up with a solution for a larger or more frequent (ie lunch) Princess breakfast. My girls love it for the Princesses not the castle, they could care less if it was held in a barn,lol! Everyone could win then more PS times for guests more money for WDW.

Raidermatt, I completely agree that the comparison on that level is moot. Hopper passes have a virtual unlimited supply. But, my point was that Disney says "don't do it" yet folks still do. They cannot regulate nor enforce everything. I took issue with blame being pointed at Disney and statements about how badly their system is engineered and that they should take note and fix it.

The credit card fix is a possibility, but that cuts out folks that don't have credit cards for one reason or another. Perhaps requireing some form of identification is an answer. That would put a dent in Howie's business.

gcurling- Got it, and I'm with you except that I definitely think its time they did something. I don't think they had any reason up until now. Between the Howie's thing, and Ebay, its now gotten to the point that they should, in my opinion.

I don't see the cc requirement being a problem. CC's are required for varous other reservations around WDW. As Disorbust mentioned, its required for Alice tea and Pirates Cruise, and I know its required for golf tee times.

Its not that I think this is a huge problem in the grand scheme of things, but its only going to get worse, and its an easy fix.

Originally posted by gcurling
The credit card fix is a possibility, but that cuts out folks that don't have credit cards for one reason or another. Perhaps requireing some form of identification is an answer. That would put a dent in Howie's business.

For Disney resort guests the problem can be solved by simply tying the PS to your room reservation. In the case of excessive no-shows there would also be someone to charge. That wouldn't help off-site guests though, and I'm guessing there are a lot more of these people without CC's than among WDW hotel guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter