CRT PS selling on ebay right now

Why not simply require ID and specify that the ressies are non-transferable? I know of some people who choose not to have credit cards and I think it's only fair to include them in this. And YES, bring back true reservations for high demand venues such as CRT.

When I book behind the scenes tours I know I have to pay in advance.
And even if someone doesn't want a credit card, a debit card works just the same and as well. I have even rented cars with my debit card.

Off-topic, but a word of caution on using your debit card in place of a credit card:

If there is ever a problem, your bank and/or the merchant will usually resolve it, however, until they do, its your checking account that is short of the money. This could be a problem for some people if its mortgage/rent/grocery time.

Why not ask for ID when a person shows up for their resevation. If Bob soandso makes a reservation, then that person should have to ID themseves to the host or hostess. Another possability would be to tie PS to room reservations. Use you resrvation number to make PS (I think that this is what may happen).:smooth:

I think they have to do more than ask for ID. If that was the only requirement, anyone could make a reservation under my name. (ie: someone takes "requests", and then makes as many reservations as he can for those people.) It is easy to give someone else your name. It is another matter to give that person your credit card number.
My vote is for the credit card requirement. Nothing has to be charged to the card prior to the meal... you just use it as a way to verify that you are the person who made the reservation.

Why doesn't Disney just have the princesses at lunch and dinner at the castle? That would triple the availability and make lots of little kids happy. It would be easy to do.

I like the idea of a credit card number and matching it at check in.

I can't believe that someone would pay $56 just to get inside the castle! I sure hope that's a memorable meal...they are paying out the nose for something that their fellow diners will get for FREE!

Those kids better darn well appreciate the trouble that mom/dad went through for them. :rolleyes:

I agree with all of you that Disney could make things better by requiring a CC at PS time or extending the princesses to lunch and dinner too.

But I've just got to say 'There's a sucker born every minute' and that's not Disney's fault.

Did you see that besides paying bidding the $56 the bidder paid $12 shipping? What is there to ship?? A piece of paper confirming the PS and their transaction? Why wouldn't a stamp be good enough? Even certified is far less than that and they paid insurance too!!
They paid $5 in insurance too!! Since when is a reservation with no value (except percieved) insurable???

So long as there are people willing to rip others off and people willing to be sucked in, no matter what Disney does, people will find a way to get around it.

Did you see that besides paying bidding the $56 the bidder paid $12 shipping? What is there to ship?? A piece of paper confirming the PS and their transaction? Why wouldn't a stamp be good enough? Even certified is far less than that and they paid insurance too!!

And isn't e-mail free? Couldn't they have just e-mailed the number? This is the funniest thing I've read in quite awhile.

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Supposedly the new CRT policy will go into effect June 9th.

Credit card guarantee to be required at time of reservation with subsequent name changes not allowable. 24 hour cancellation policy to avoid no show charge of $10 adults and $5 children.

Don't think they had much choice with this one.

The halo honeys say they have a house CC they will allow people to use.. not sure how that will work but i would think that everyone showing up under the same CC #s would give Disney the info to know who they are.
Will be interesting to follow in coming mths.
I am sooooo glad Disney did this. One giant step towards solving the problem.

The halo honeys say they have a house CC they will allow people to use..
They've already had folks getting reservations through the BC and then cancelling to free up the PS. Two things are likely to happen. Either the "house CC" will end up with hundreds of dollars in no-show charges or it's a non-working card and someone will be in trouble for fraud. They need to just give it up...

I'm still wondering how they handle people who don't use credit cards? Tell them no? I still think a name, address and a valid ID is the best idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter