Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to say that I don't think a lot of hard core Disney fans like Chapek much but Wall St seems to like him and whether we like that or not it is a very important thing for a CEO of any public company
I don’t disagree at all. I’m also in the minority in that I don’t vehemently dislike him as CEO. While he may not be my absolute favorite leader Disney has had, I think his executive appointments have been smart and interesting and his handling of this closure seem to have been thoughtful, pragmatic, and measured. He may not be naturally charismatic, but nonetheless, those are really good things for a corporate leader.

Our non-ticketed stay isn't until December so not sure yet. Just hope tickets are available for purchase before then. I did see someone say to buy them third party and link them but is that a viable solution?
We did it as soon as we heard about the stopping of ticket sales and they linked up just fine in MDE. bought through UT. I wonder how many they have or how long they will sell. After we linked my daughter did receive the email the next day they we will be able to reserve before tickets go back on sale because we have existing tickets.

I am super confused- I have a June 21-25 trip planned, paid in full with free dining (recover offer from late March). This is in the email I got:

“We will be modifying your package to remove the dining plan. As an accommodation, the price of the package will be adjusted to reflect a 35% savings on the room portion. This modified package and price will be provided in a new confirmation.”

I am assuming this means on a future package, since my package doesn’t exist anymore. But when do I get to book this package? Anytime between July and end of year?

Curious as to what others who had trips during this timeframe are planning...

Also Disney furloughed a lot of staff and sent the international CMs back, etc vs Universal who kept them in at reduced salary so probably easier for Universal to get them back to work

How is it easier? In furlough, they call them back, and then come. Only difference I see is UO rushing to open because they were still paying full timers reduced salary (they furloughed their part timers). Now I agree about the CP's and ICP's, that's a lot of labor lost.

I am super confused- I have a June 21-25 trip planned, paid in full with free dining (recover offer from late March). This is in the email I got:

“We will be modifying your package to remove the dining plan. As an accommodation, the price of the package will be adjusted to reflect a 35% savings on the room portion. This modified package and price will be provided in a new confirmation.”

I am assuming this means on a future package, since my package doesn’t exist anymore. But when do I get to book this package? Anytime between July and end of year?

Curious as to what others who had trips during this timeframe are planning...
Yes you’ll have the option to rebook with that discount.

I hope the reservation system is easier than the DVC special events, to book. Last time I logged in one minute before reservations opened and I was already 1200 in line!
It was sold out within minutes.

Update from Disneyland Paris: Les Villages Nature Paris is going to reopen as of June 22nd.
I am trying to think of an equivalent in WDW or DL for this, but I'm not sure there is. It's probably the closest to a Deluxe WDW resort we have, 25 minutes by shuttle from DLP. So, a deluxe resort with recreation activities. Probably if more Americans stayed here, they wouldn't complain as much about the DLP hotels ;-)

Anyway, it's the first part of the Disneyland Paris resort, with the golf course (which should reopen today with reservations) that reopens. So good news :)

Last edited:
For people with resort reservations but no tickets, what is your game plan?
Hanging in there lol.
DVC point reservation for 8/10-22. Hadn’t purchased tickets as it wasn’t FP time. Considered buying thru UT but don’t want to spend $3600 on tix for the still too many unknowns.

With DVC still allowing reservations at this point without the ability to buy tickets, hoping we’re extended the option of buying.
If we don’t get park reservations I will drop the second part of our split stay and maybe go elsewhere.

I have a split stay in early August and I was hoping someone on here might have some insight? First part is in Gran Destino tower. Sounds like there’s a good chance this may not be open in early August? Hoping they’ll be able to move us vs. just cancel? 🤞🏼 But the second part is in Kidani village. My understanding is that this resort will be open. But does it matter that it’s a cash reservation? It’s a DVC resort, but we’re not DVC. I wasn’t clear on the reopening rules - if DVC resorts were open but only for DVC/points reservations? Or do you think our reservation will stand? Just trying to set my expectations!

That rebook free dining offer had to have booking occupancy above 95% through the end of August. That is why they are in the mess they are now.
I don't know what the rebook rate is, but clearly, they had way too many reservations to work with the limited capacities they want to put in place.

I posted this in the TPAS thread.

For a family of 4 Disney "adults" at a deluxe hotel, the Free DDP had a value of $313/night (provided, of course that you would use all the credits). You would need to have a rack room rate of over $900 to make the 35% a better value than the DDP at a deluxe hotel (or fewer Disney adults).

For a family of 4 Disney "adults" at a Mod or Value, the Free QSDP had a value of $220/night (provided, of course, that you would use all the credits). You would need a rack rate room of over $600 to make the 35% a better value than the QSDP at a value or mod (or fewer Disney adults). And, yes, there are very few rooms at a mod that would be over $600 (I think only the suites at CSR).

I think a lot of the free DDP people would have been OK with limited hours and limited experiences, as long as they could still look forward to some nice meals. But, the uncertainty about TS dining, elimination of character dining, elimination of the dining plans, and cancellation of free dining will get a lot of the guests that would have cared less about the limited operational/hours hours to consider canceling. It's like Disney is trying to get a lot of people to cancel from all different angles possible.

I have a split stay in early August and I was hoping someone on here might have some insight? First part is in Gran Destino tower. Sounds like there’s a good chance this may not be open in early August? Hoping they’ll be able to move us vs. just cancel? 🤞🏼 But the second part is in Kidani village. My understanding is that this resort will be open. But does it matter that it’s a cash reservation? It’s a DVC resort, but we’re not DVC. I wasn’t clear on the reopening rules - if DVC resorts were open but only for DVC/points reservations? Or do you think our reservation will stand? Just trying to set my expectations!
if the resort is open, it's open. They aren't going to distinguish between cash and dvc guests.

Swan, Dolphin and maybe the other FP 60 hotels are probably bookable and probably offer theme park benefits similar to WDW resorts
I have only seen S&D mentioned as being part of the advanced priority park reservations. So I would be double checking any other hotel that used to have the 60 day benefits before assuming they will be included. Disney is going to have enough issues with capacity using just their own hotels, let alone the good neighbor ones. I would guess for the first few weeks they might not be included, but could be added prior to general public access.

We have DVC reservations 8/9-21 and 4 out of 6 of us already have annual passes. The others we were buying in June.

I just don't see how we go from extreme cutbacks for safety's sake to everything is fine and we can go back to normal in 30 days. Maybe in October, but if it happens in August, it's just because they want the money or...just maybe, some of the draconian cuts aren't really for safety after all.
I just don't see how we go from extreme cutbacks for safety's sake to everything is fine and we can go back to normal in 30 days. Maybe in October, but if it happens in August, it's just because they want the money or...just maybe, some of the draconian cuts aren't really for safety after all.
They are making their decisions based on the information currently available. Situations can change. Did anyone think the virus would shut down Disney World for four months back in March? I know I didn’t. The situation could get better to where they could hold parties. It could get worse and force another shutdown.

It’s easy to assume that this is some money grab by Disney, but that’s likely not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter