Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like some challenges getting people through screening and into the parks

From what I have seen from people in the parks, seems like things are better once actually past this screening

So much for the "Universal does it better" crowd. The reality of the situation with both Disney and Universal is that both launches will likely be rocky. It's hard to plan for dealing with this number of guests with the restrictions in place. It'll be rough for a week or two until they get things down.

looks like some challenges getting people through screening and into the parks

From what I have seen from people in the parks, seems like things are better once actually past this screening

According to Ryno’s tweets, it doesn’t sound like team members are even attempting to spread people out in the screening backup. I can’t believe UO didn’t prepare for this scenario, it’s such a bad look.

There are always going to be too many people for the number of stickers they put on the ground. Many people aren’t responsible enough social distance on their own when they’re antsy and trying to get in the park. Not a great look.

According to Ryno’s tweets, it doesn’t sound like team members are even attempting to spread people out in the screening backup. I can’t believe UO didn’t prepare for this scenario, it’s such a bad look.

There are always going to be too many people for the number of stickers they put on the ground. Many people aren’t responsible enough social distance on their own when they’re antsy and trying to get in the park. Not a great look.

yeah, I saw similar thing happen in videos of how things are at Shanghai Disney - where the lines went past the queue so they ran past the line spacing stickers - but they had a ton of CMs monitoring and trying to get people to move (weren't always 100% successful,but they tried)

looks like DIS team is having issues with virtual queue program as well:

Isn’t today a soft AP opening, and theoretically intended to work out bugs?

I think openings with all these new procedures and programs, where guests and CMs (in this case TMs) are all new to this, are bound to have issues. Precisely why so many of us have said opening quickly doesn’t mean you “win”.

Isn’t today a soft AP opening, and theoretically intended to work out bugs?

I think openings with all these new procedures and programs, where guests and CMs (in this case TMs) are all new to this, are bound to have issues. Precisely why so many of us have said opening quickly doesn’t mean you “win”.

Yes. This was a no win situation no matter who it was that opened first. Theres no possible way to prepare for what was going to happen. TM previews isnt AP or regular guests

I have been reading in many Universal groups you can be refuse to wear a mask and they take you over and give you a band and then you are seated in your own ride vehicle and such. Very interesting seeing its only day 1 of AP previews.
Just refusing for any reason? Are they letting them move through the park unmasked as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter