Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of them maybe, but disney contracts different companies for different projects. I don’t remember but if I had to guess the same contractor likely isn’t working on Rat and the Spine. There also aren’t any rides in the spine so ride techs are going to work on the spine anyways.

I meant more on the financial side of it. They are applying x resources to Remy's. Once that's done, they can put the same amount of resources on the Spine, even if it's a different crew. It will be interesting to see if they are working on major simultaneous projects at once (Spine, pavilion, GoTG, Remy's).

Absolutely it makes sense to have something for weary Disney fans to go into the park happy and have something new like a very popular ride from DLP. I just dont think the remaining work could be done in time if that 10 week timeline prior to shutdown is correct
I could see an August or September 1 opening for Remy's. No reason not to finish it now right?

I’d be surprised if they did open it with the park but I could be wrong. The rumor was it was 10 weeks out when the parks closed in March. So if that is true that wouldn’t line up with the July 15th opening.

I feel like they wouldn't want the hype associated with opening a new big attraction at the same time they are dealing with all the new restrictions of reopening. 10 weeks from today would push it to about mid August which I think could be ok

In a facebook post that has since been deleted, Starship announced that they will no longer be heading to Disney as Eat to the Beat was cancelled. I wouldn't be shocked if all Eat to the Beat concerts were cancelled and if there is a Food & Wine Festival it will be more along the lines of a 1995/1996 experience.

Good to know they're in the parks also. Fear Factor stadium is a good place. Wonder if the one in IOA will be in the old Sinbad area or maybe the stage by the cartoon area.

I'm thinking the MDE app would be able to show Disney's equivalent. Maybe there will be updated hard copy maps showing these locations for Uni and Disney theme parks.

We did, last night also about 6. I called my TA immediately wondering what was up ( we have package fir August) she said she could not see anything that changed ??? She said the price went down a penny,, lol 😂 but that’s all she could see
Woo hoo! One penny! Thanks for the info. I didn’t want bother my TA yet, I’m sure they are all so busy. Between the lag of actual changes and my trips not until end of sept, thought I’d give everyone some time. Thanks again!

Anyone know if Disney will allow face shields in replace of a mask? Face shields do actually cover your entire face, can be cleaned easily, and allow for more air circulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter