Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm a simple man with simple plans. I have a 9/27 - 10/2 trip at Sports with the 35% room discount. I have an AP but I had to get a 4 day ticket because of the original recovery FD offer. DS has a 4 day ticket too. It would be great if I could have them to take my 4 day tix off but I'm not holding my breath. I can use it later. My biggest concern is what the park experience will be like and the weather. It would be great to get a resort upgrade and the way Disney is plodding along there is a chance we get one, again I am not holding my breath.

I also have a 11/29 - 12/4 trip planned. Because of the closure my to-be extended AP will cover this trip. This one is at Music. I think by then they will have some Values open so I doubt we get moved to a mod or deluxe. It would be nice to get a POP or AoA upgrade.

It would be nice if they released some news regarding resort openings and current bookings and what to expect so I can get back to worrying about the park experience and the weather.

Soon is a relative term. We need more. :) Like am I safe to run pour a glass of wine, or should I just grab the bottle and get back to the computer.

Technically Disney opens back up “soon” as its opening sooner in a timeframe than when it initially closed. So soon could mean June 20th

agreed, not a lot of people talking about the fact that team members right now are working at 80% of their wages cause Universal wants to recuperate the money they kept paying them during the closure. (btw most TM are fine with this since they did get paid until almost being recalled and didn't have to go into the unemployment system)
Do we know how long they will only receive 80%?

So curious-
2 things-
#1 For those that had ressies now- 6/21- I’m a bit confused as it has been suggested that these guests can modify at this time- not sure if this is legit or not. Has anyone modified? How soon are you able to modify your stay for?
#2 For those that have a reservation for a pkg -cash stay (not DVC member) booked in a DVC room between 6/22-7/10- Fair game to stay w no parks open? If reservation not cancelled- has your room rate been adjusted to reflect room only (taking out park tix and free dining). I understand that ppl that had free dining should expect 35% off- but how do you know what your new room rate is? *DTA line for travel consultants not helpful either.

No specifics yet..just that new info was to go out yesterday...was delayed...only that is might bring a lot more in focus.

Pretty confident early next week...once I have something, I’ll figure a way to share what I can without making the same mistake I did last time!
I also hesitate in sharing info. I was once told that because I'm a Mod whatever I say is taken as fact which I make it very clear, when it's a rumor I say rumor, and it's always a rumor until Disney announces it.

No specifics yet..just that new info was to go out yesterday...was delayed...only that is might bring a lot more in focus.

Pretty confident early next week...once I have something, I’ll figure a way to share what I can without making the same mistake I did last time!

No mistake made. Wild speculation based off of literally anything we can get is part of what we do here.

We appreciate whatever you are willing and able to share! (or I do anyway!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter