Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are literally dozens of options they could have chosen, but they've opted for the bare bones, absolute minimum they could get away with and not face some kind of legal issue. That's a standard I've never known Disney to aspire to.
What would you have them do? What are these "dozens of options"? They couldn't safely open with the things that they have taken away.

It`s just a quote from another forum. It wasn`t me on the phone. But I thought I post it anyway It`s the rumors forum after all...
Please don`t hate me i`m just the messenger :)

"When I spoke to Disney UK this morning they told me Disney US is expecting to release official information on the reservation system on Thursday with an official update from Disney UK on Friday. (dates subject to change, as always) "

total time was 2 hours and 35 minutes. Old school where I had to give her my reservation number because the system can't pull up the MDE details, I also had to go get my credit card info to book
But all done for Beaches and Cream on the 2nd
BTW cause I asked, you can only book during your dates of stay, I'm a local and I asked if I could book dining for any other day and she said only for dates of stay
Thanks for asking and reporting on that, I was curious what they were going to say.

-I also forgot to mention when they take your CC# to hold the reservation they also state there is a $10 no-show charge.
-My lady did not ask my res# at all which I was surprised about, just my name/address/phone#
-I did ask if I had to make any res. for QS at the resorts and she said not necessary (there are no stupid questions right now lol)

I was just thrilled to get the restaurant I wanted at the time I wanted. 6:05pm Toppolino's on July 4, as we are staying at the Riviera. She was also very polite and in a good mood considering the day I know she has ahead of her. She even asked me about my twins (she must have looked at my family list) and shared some sweet advice, and knew full well this reservation was a mom&dad break from 4 months in lockdown with 3 toddlers. I did the survey and gave her all 5s. Please do the surveys everyone, these people have a LONG day ahead of them.:-)

total time was 2 hours and 35 minutes. Old school where I had to give her my reservation number because the system can't pull up the MDE details, I also had to go get my credit card info to book
But all done for Beaches and Cream on the 2nd
BTW cause I asked, you can only book during your dates of stay, I'm a local and I asked if I could book dining for any other day and she said only for dates of stay
I'll be at beaches on the 2nd also!
Set up second phone with dvc member services. So, 2 hours 25 min with dining, and 50 minutes with dvc member services later....
If you are staying on points that are not yours (i.e., family, friends, rentals), they can make the reservation, but only the person whose name is on the points can modify them (according to my account). Plus the reservation just shows "guest", no names...
So I have to wait another 2+ hours on the phone if I need to cancel them before I go?? Will they even let me cancel them??

I may try to go re-make reservations on the dining side...

Wait, we are going to have to book CS places too? I mean Sanaa breakfast use to be walk down, grab something, and head out. Now we need to reserve even that?
Restaurants are only going to be operating at, at most, 50% capacity for the foreseeable future. Yes you’re going to need reservations for places you normally wouldn’t. Plus, if you want to eat at any resort that isn’t the one you’re staying at, you need a confirmed dining reservation to be allowed in to park (according to the website).

Set up second phone with dvc member services. So, 2 hours 25 min with dining, and 50 minutes with dvc member services later....
If you are staying on points that are not yours (i.e., family, friends, rentals), they can make the reservation, but only the person whose name is on the points can modify them (according to my account). Plus the reservation just shows "guest", no names...
So I have to wait another 2+ hours on the phone if I need to cancel them before I go?? Will they even let me cancel them??

What a bummer, I'm so sorry :(

Two things:

1. If I am renting points for DVC, does the owner need to call to make my reservation for dining?

2. My friend had a voucher that expires 2030 for a platinum annual pass. I was checking my dates to see if my platinum APs had been extended yet (they haven't) and noticed that between yesterday and today, her voucher had disappeared, and her ticket now expires in July.

UPDATE: it looks like they separated her old ticket and her voucher into two tickets, and extended her expired annual pass from March until July.

Does the reservation show up on your MDE?

Reading the AP Terms and Conditions is interesting. There are clauses in there which likely limit their legal exposure in case they have to cut down on park hoping and limit reservations. Basically the entire system is almost at whim and relies mainly on customer satisfaction rather than strong contractual protection of pass holder “rights” relative to what they bought a specific pass for.

“ Restrictions apply including, but not limited to, capacity constraints and other closures. Passports do not guarantee Theme Park admission, especially during high attendance periods”

“ Parks, services, entertainment and attractions may change operating hours, close temporarily, or may otherwise change or be discontinued without notice and without liability.”

“ Disney reserves the right to cancel, suspend or revoke any Passport or deny Theme Park admission to any Passholder at any time for any reason.”

“ All terms, conditions and benefits including, but not limited to, admission privileges, Blockout Dates, prices, Pass type availability, parking locations, benefits and discounts are subject to restrictions, availability, and change or cancellation without notice at any time.”
I think AP holders are aware of the language. Disney’s problem is that it also states in the advertising/marketing materials that Platinum APs do not have blackout dates or other restrictions that other levels of APs have. Thus, they charge more for Platinum. Just as someone would expect compensation/cost adjustment if they had to move from deluxe club level to value/mod, passholders who may face a reduction of their benefits also should receive compensation. The question remains as to whether or not Disney provides something truly of value for diminishment of value of APs.

Actually, I’m not b/c I’m off for the summer b/c I work for a school system, but we aren’t paid for it. And, even if most ppl do get paid to be off, Disney isn’t the one paying them so I don’t see how that’s relevant.

Well, if my work is paying me either way I'd much rather be at Disney World than at work. Referencing the quoted "Even a bad day at Disney is better than a day at work."

What would you have them do? What are these "dozens of options"? They couldn't safely open with the things that they have taken away.

I've said for a while they should add a third option for a prorated rerfund from day of closure for what is left on pass for people who are not comfortable coming back during a pandemic or don't want to with current operations. I think that would be fair 3rd option for APs

Two things:

1. If I am renting points for DVC, does the owner need to call to make my reservation for dining?

2. My friend had a voucher that expires 2030 for a platinum annual pass. I was checking my dates to see if my platinum APs had been extended yet (they haven't) and noticed that between yesterday and today, her voucher had disappeared, and her ticket now expires in July.
1. Yes the owner needs to make the reservation (Edit, looks like you can make the dining res but may not be able to cancel should you need to as modifications by renters seem not to be allowed)
2. I hope that's a glitch!

That’s because most other theme parks outside of Florida and California are seasonal and they only open in the spring and summer. So the annual passes are usually only good for that season. They can extend it a year easily. Disney can’t do that as APs run and are used a full 365 days. But they could have thrown us a bone and given us an extra month or so.

? Many of these places operate March to November/December.

How does that put a burden on Disney? It actually makes it easier as most season pass holders come for a specific time of year, so its allowing them equal access at a time they can likely come...as opposed to.the current option of allowing us to.come during some random period we may not even be able to.

That's what happened to me! I'm now an hour into my 2nd call. Still not sure if I can even book since I rented DVC points.
You should be able to as long as you have your reservation number and your name is on it. The last night of my stay was rented DVC points from another member and I was able to book using that reservation number. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter