Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see that as a big deal. Obviously you know that isn't possible. Someone forgot to change the hold message on a phone, is that really a big deal?
Yes b/c it all speaks to QUALITY. This is something I expect out of the DMV, not a company that charges thousands for access. This has been what ppl have been complaining about for years Pre-Covid.

So we are now just about 3 weeks from reopening. 23 days to be exact. I know we are all in the know as much as we can. How many families are gearing up to come down for this that already have resort reservations and have no clue what’s going on. I bet it’s more than we think. And I know if your paying this much money people should be researching especially in a pandemic but I’m really curious how many people have no idea and just know the parks are opening July 11 and oh good our stay is from the 12th-18th we are all set. Just goes back to the lack of communication. It bothers me more by the second.

Its really a shame for sure. They have to know 3 weeks out what's happening but they're choosing to not fill us in which is a bit hard to digest. Our stay starts in like 37 days and it's the same thing. At least just send us some reassurance that we have a hotel to stay in and that we will be able to get a park reservation. Right now candidly, I feel like both are a bit up in the air. I guess on the bright side we might be able to make dining reservations soon...lol. I'll find food...i just want to know that I have a hotel and can get into the parks. I paid the reservation in full this week just to be safe...not sure if that would help my chances of not getting cancelled on and moved if they decide not to open my resort. Also I saw on other threads that people were booking backup hotel reservations elsewhere....I guess I have to look into that as well. At this point, American airlines won't let me move my flight again without penalty. :(

The phone bank dining for this resort only period has all the markings of "Disney IT ran out of runway, think of something quick". The other stuff yeah there should have been a plan, but this one screams "buy Disney IT a little more time".

I think so too, and Remy talked about issues with the system when he was here last too, I would not be surprised if IT issues are behind a lot of the common complaints people are having with the communication and execution going on.

Just another data point: I'm a FL resident Platinum AP holder. My expiration date remains the same. I just checked it a few minutes ago.

For those commenting about a potential lack of park hopping ability or even not being able to get into any park because of capacity restrictions my view is that the AP never guaranteed you park hopping or even park admission. If a park is closed due to capacity restrictions then that is it. They aren't going to change the capacity to X-number plus any AP holder that want to come.

No it doesnt, but anyone that has ever had an AP know thats code for Magic Kingdom on July 4th, December 25th and December 31st. And that doesn’t even apply for resort guests as they’re allowed into a park even if they’re at capacity

If Disney had the foresight to know that they’d have capacity issues in the future when they wrote those legalities, then how come they dont have anything in their contracts explaining that a pandemic would potentially cause them to take away Park Hopping and 362 days of being able to go to the parks without worrying being allowed in due to capacity?

I would HATE to try to explain Disney dining to anyone right now- “so for Disney springs, you can make reservations online but only up to 60 days out.. not 180 like the old system. And for SELECT resort ADR’s you can book up to July 10th but ONLY if you’re staying on site?? I think. Oh AND you have to call. But we don’t know what time exactly, though it should be 6am, and last time i checked ≈ 500 people were in the queue and the wait was 2 hours. Oh, in park restaurants? Yeah we have no clue. Buffets? Don’t know either.. Character dining? No idea..”

So we are now just about 3 weeks from reopening. 23 days to be exact. I know we are all in the know as much as we can. How many families are gearing up to come down for this that already have resort reservations and have no clue what’s going on. I bet it’s more than we think. And I know if your paying this much money people should be researching especially in a pandemic but I’m really curious how many people have no idea and just know the parks are opening July 11 and oh good our stay is from the 12th-18th we are all set. Just goes back to the lack of communication. It bothers me more by the second.

At this rate were going to have to just show up to the gates haha

Maybe the wrong thread, but can anyone list out the dining spots that they are able to make reservations for? Is everything open? I read that in park is not available yet. What about everything else?

Maybe the wrong thread, but can anyone list out the dining spots that they are able to make reservations for? Is everything open? I read that in park is not available yet. What about everything else?
There’s a list on Disney’s website. It’s only for people staying on property from 6/22-7/10 and only for the few restaurants open in hotels and DS for that period. No in park, nothing past 7/11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter