Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
List of attactions NOT open

https://blogmickey.com/2020/06/hare...-will-remain-closed-when-disney-world-reopens
Magic Kingdom
  • Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station
  • Enchanted Tales with Belle
  • Frontierland Shootin’ Arcade
  • Main Street Vehicles
  • Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
  • Stitch’s Great Escape (effectively dead)

Disney’s Animal Kingdom
  • The Boneyard
  • Primeval Whirl – Operates Seasonally
  • Finding Nemo – The Musical
  • UP! A Great Bird Adventure
EPCOT
  • Advanced Training Lab
  • Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along
  • Bruce’s Shark World
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
  • Star Wars Launch Bay
  • Indiana Jones Stunt Show
  • Voyage of the Little Mermaid
I have yet to see a single list that notes the exclusion of Disney Junior Dance Party.

I think everyone just tries to pretend it doesn’t exist.

I agree. Except for IT issues, I'm not too worried about getting park reservations. But the room situation...it's worrisome.

Worrisome as they may cancel people already booked for this summer?

I think at most they just won't allow anymore resort bookings through Fall 2020 unless they can up capacity.

What exactly is the point of staying onsite if you’re not already booked? If reservations are opening on Monday all the way through Sept 2021, it only helps people currently booked. I guess as an AP if you want more than 3 days at a time.

I wish they'd consider at least limited park-hopping to Epcot only. It's capacity is bigger and you could at least allow APs and park hoppers to try and "reserve it" after their initial park. Maybe that's their plan anyway, at least down the road. I can't think of any trip that I didn't park hop over to Epcot multiple times. Give us the option to hop "as available" similar to what 4th and 5th FPs were... Not sure if they track people leaving the park, but if they do it would seem like they could open up slots for people to "hop over" to Epcot as earlier day guests for Epcot leave.

I think they might add that down the road a bit when they can increase capacity and just see what demand is, etc. ... And like you said you won't be able to reserve "hoping" but if there is open capacity "day of" you could then hop like grabbing a 4th FP

I wish they'd consider at least limited park-hopping to Epcot only. It's capacity is bigger and you could at least allow APs and park hoppers to try and "reserve it" after their initial park. Maybe that's their plan anyway, at least down the road. I can't think of any trip that I didn't park hop over to Epcot multiple times. Give us the option to hop "as available" similar to what 4th and 5th FPs were... Not sure if they track people leaving the park, but if they do it would seem like they could open up slots for people to "hop over" to Epcot as earlier day guests for Epcot leave.
My concern with this idea is park re-entry (which it seems will be allowed). If we are told we can come and go (in the one park) throughout the day, what happens when we leave for a break and then that is considered space for hoppers. Not sure of the logistics...

What exactly is the point of staying onsite if you’re not already booked? If reservations are opening on Monday all the way through Sept 2021, it only helps people currently booked. I guess as an AP if you want more than 3 days at a time.

There is no advantage to be seen for future bookings. It seems you can reserve parks as soon as you buy tickets, so yeah, no perks there.

But we still don't know if this is just for now and then it may change to rolling bookings like fast pass- those with resort stays/tickets can book their park 60 days out, others 30 days out - which makes more sense to me...

Who knows.

The park capacity vs resort capacity is a really interesting question right now. Let’s just assume the average Disney family is 4 guests. If Jambo opens, that puts DVC + FW cabin capacity at around 6,000 rooms or (using 4 per family) 24,000 resort guests.

I know that no one is exactly sure of WDW parks capacity, but let’s assume 60,000 per park, or 240,000 for WDW. If we assume a set capacity of 25% of max (mentioned here pages back and consistent with Shanghai), that gives us a desired total park volume of 60,000 guests, split between 4 parks. Less the 24,000 resort guests, that’s about 36,000 non-resort guests each day.

So, roughly, Disney may be looking at a desired 50/50 split between resort guests and non-guests/off-site partner hotels.

If this is true, then the true scarce commodity might be WDW resort rooms as they most certainly have well more than 6,000 rooms booked per day. That’s where I think the pain is shaping up to be on Monday (unless they annonce opening of more resorts).

I was doing this math earlier and came up with about the same. But then I realized this leaves out all of the 3rd party hotels that will also have access to the reservation system.....which may very well be the same capacity that Disney has at this point. I’m not sure on the numbers for all of those, but it does seem like they will get access to the system at the same time as all true Disney hotels.

It does seem a little puzzling. Right now there's a huge benefit to booking on site, but that all goes away in a week or so. Then again, who knows if you're actually going to be able to book that far in advance. If I did, I would definitely look at it as though it's most likely a waste of time. The chances things will be the same a year from now are next to nothing.

Saw this post in news thread, thought it would be a good post for here too! :) Thanks @leholcomb

I was on a video conference with Disney Sales yesterday. They essentially said that planning a trip around YOUR available days are no longer (aka Airfare>Hotel>Tickets>Park Planning). They now recommend planning around THEIR available days: Park Planning>Tickets>Hotel>Airfare. Basically, don’t plan on coming unless you can guarantee your park days first.

There is no advantage to be seen for future bookings. It seems you can reserve parks as soon as you buy tickets, so yeah, no perks there.

But we still don't know if this is just for now and then it may change to rolling bookings like fast pass- those with resort stays/tickets can book their park 60 days out, others 30 days out - which makes more sense to me...

Who knows.

Yeah so much uncertainty. If I didn’t have DVC points that have to be used, I wouldn’t go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter