Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Public Health Service Act does not trump the constitution. The Supreme Court has held that there is a constitutional right to travel between states. Saenz v. Roe 526 U.S. 489 (1999). The point is arguable I guess though.
during winter storms there have been times when all numbered roads in my state have been closed to traffic for safety. yes that did stop travel between states

Well it certainly has been an interesting press commercial...I mean conference.
Laugh out loud got the pun...too funny and the best response
during winter storms there have been times when all numbered roads in my state have been closed to traffic for safety. yes that did stop travel between states
I retired from a public utility and had to travel when roads were closed but showed our work id and allowed to travel. Other people were ticketed.

Laugh out loud got the pun...too funny and the best response

I retired from a public utility and had to travel when roads were closed but showed our work id and allowed to travel. Other people were ticketed.
daughter is hospital and also could travel if she was allowed to leave hospital. in our area they were ticketed and also escourted off

Interstate highways fall under the jurisdiction of the department of defense and they can be closed to interstate traffic. However I dont know if the government can stop the movement of people from one state to another.

Interstate highways fall under the jurisdiction of the department of defense and they can be closed to interstate traffic. However I dont know if the government can stop the movement of people from one state to another.

I expect that under the extra executive powers the president has under state of emergency that he likely could shut it down if he wanted to. and even if he filed an executive order to that effect and didn't actually have the power to do it, somebody would have to take it to court and I'm not sure anybody would with what is going on.

While I agree with safety measures taken, we have to stop using Italy as a measuring stick. It is not, nor has it ever been a first world country. It’s far behind the times in terms of technology and medicine.

South Korea is a better juxtaposition.
This must be the dumbest, most ignorant comment I have ever read on these boards and that is saying something. Italy is an advanced, highly developed G7 country with one of the best health care systems in the world. Sorry, I know this is off topic, but this already off topic ignorant post has been left up so it needs some push back. From wikipedia about Italy, please educate yourself:

"Today, Italy is considered to be one of the world's most culturally and economically advanced countries,[28][29][30] with the world's eighth-largest economy by nominal GDP (third in the Eurozone), sixth-largest national wealth and third-largest central bank gold reserve. It ranks very highly in life expectancy, quality of life,[31] healthcare,[32] and education."

What case could they make for not refunding people for date based park passes? My park hopper pass is specifically for a date range that occurs during the closing.
They can't. I'm sure if you request, demand, a refund you'll get one. Might be some issues if you didn't purchase the tickets directly from Disney

They can't. I'm sure if you request, demand, a refund you'll get one. Might be some issues if you didn't purchase the tickets directly from Disney
Yeah, people need to stop worrying about this. Assuming the company survives and doesn’t end up in Bankruptcy, and it *probably* will survive, then they’re going to make everyone whole.

Will they though? Their policy clearly states what they will do is extend the date to the end of the year, and past that, they'll allow the purchase price to be used towards a new ticket in the future. Tickets have always come with a clear "no refund" attached (unless purchased as part of a package of course).

Will they though? Their policy clearly states what they will do is extend the date to the end of the year, and past that, they'll allow the purchase price to be used towards a new ticket in the future. Tickets have always come with a clear "no refund" attached (unless purchased as part of a package of course).
Disney consistently waives it’s policies for guest recovery in even normal times. There is not a chance in **** that they won’t waive this policy given these events.

They will open 4/1 - This was just a "see we are doing something" and pressure from everyone to show something. As soon as hysteria dies down and the cases curve flattens one degree all will be open.

I agree if that happens they will reopen. But as of now scientists expect this to peak in 4 weeks. So if things are worse in the next 2 weeks I don’t see them opening. And since we weren’t testing people adequately before we are going to discover a LOT of new cases in the next 2 weeks. So even if it’s not worse, it’s going to seem worse.

Yeah, people need to stop worrying about this. Assuming the company survives and doesn’t end up in Bankruptcy, and it *probably* will survive, then they’re going to make everyone whole.
Disney will be fine. Even an extended closure through april and into.may will hurt, but it wont destroy the company. The places hurt will be small businesses and individuals who lose hours or jobs. It also is going to create a forced recession and it will take a while to recover. But disney will get through just fine. No better time to have a number cruncher at the helm

I agree if that happens they will reopen. But as of now scientists expect this to peak in 4 weeks. So if things are worse in the next 2 weeks I don’t see them opening. And since we weren’t testing people adequately before we are going to discover a LOT of new cases in the next 2 weeks. So even if it’s not worse, it’s going to seem worse.
Noone will be reopening april 1st. People.need to realize the gravity of this and understand peaks in number of cases understanding.public.perception of safe will be when reported cases are declining ( likely 6-8 weeks from now) noone will be reopening when things actually are worse. I'm not expecting anyone reopening until mid may or so.

Noone will be reopening april 1st. People.need to realize the gravity of this and understand peaks in number of cases understanding.public.perception of safe will be when reported cases are declining ( likely 6-8 weeks from now) noone will be reopening when things actually are worse. I'm not expecting anyone reopening until mid may or so.

I agree that’s most likely true. But we simply don’t know what the next 2 weeks will look at. There is at least a possibility that these measures will flatten out the curve and we’ll be safe resume some normalcy at most places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter