Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sympathies to all the folks that are having to cancel/ reschedule their vacations. Hopefully we all do our part to stop the spread. My question is, do folks feel like this will last 3 weeks or 3 months? Disney is just one tiny part of this, but I cannot fathom all schools, businesses, and travel being shut down until July.

My sympathies to all the folks that are having to cancel/ reschedule their vacations. Hopefully we all do our part to stop the spread. My question is, do folks feel like this will last 3 weeks or 3 months? Disney is just one tiny part of this, but I cannot fathom all schools, businesses, and travel being shut down until July.

Looking at things in china and elsewhere probably 2-3 months i expect.

I am on the side also that it will be sooner than July.

I don’t understand why the parks are open today and tomorrow. Or why anyone is going. If I was at the parks today upon my return home I’d be required to do 14 days of quarantine.

Its good and bad for disney to do this 2 weeks at a time . if they announced it as 4 weeks you would get a lot more people calling up then the 2 weeks . some people will hold up hope that they can go in 3 or 4 weeks . but the people who are ringing up now to transfer to later dates are going to have more options and lower prices

I don’t understand why the parks are open today and tomorrow. Or why anyone is going. If I was at the parks today upon my return home I’d be required to do 14 days of quarantine.

Not everyone is required to do that. Even though the schools, community organizations, professional organizations, and even some churches are completely shut down in our area, I only have to self quarantine from work if I travel to heavily affected countries.

How different states and municipalities are dealing with this varies a lot. WI and IL governors declared that all schools would close.CA and WA banned large gatherings. Other states are not shutting down any thing or letting cities decide.
From the standpoint of Disney reopening, my concern is that FL is not being pro-active despite having a large population of at risk people and being in the top 10 of states for confirmed number of cases. If any states’ health care system is at risk of being overwhelmed, it’s probably FL’s. And if that happens, Disney is not reopening soon.

I’m at Universal because it’s my last chance for probably two months, is my guess. I’m a local who normally goes to Disney or Universal 2-3 times a month most of the year. I work at a wholesale club so I’m already being exposed five days a week anyways, and I don’t think we’ll close- in northern Italy, the grocery stores are still open. There have been no community outbreaks in Orlando or my hometown, so I’m enjoying myself one last time. The past week has been nuts at work and next week probably will be too. If there was an imminent threat the parks would not be open- they’d shut sooner than announced, like Paris did. So that’s why I’m here...and while it’s not busy, it’s certainly not a ghost town either.

edit- I won’t be required to quarantine to go back to work.

I haven't been able to find the answer...when wasthe College Program term supposed to end?

I'll have different feelings on this if the answer was mid April as opposed to end of May.
There typically are at least two end dates. Some CP's get extended and stay longer than others.

I haven't been able to find the answer...when wasthe College Program term supposed to end?

I'll have different feelings on this if the answer was mid April as opposed to end of May.

Usually multiple dates in May (some may go into June).

I think suspending the DCP is a big clue that they expect this closure will be extended through April at least. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong, but this is a huge indicator IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter