Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense too. Imagine telling someone who paid to be onsite that they can’t get into a park.
For a long time Thanksgiving week was open at DHS to APs and closed to resort guests (and lol this is still the case for Thanksgiving Day) despite the fact rooms are available to be booked for Thanksgiving. So no, Disney is not smart enough to manage Resort bucket dynamically imho.

They added (or in process) Nomad Lounge to the Walk Up Waitlist on MDE.

While some will think it's good news, I have to say I find it super disappointing that this wonderful place that was once one of the few places that was so easy to just pop in on a random afternoon to relax with very few young children (yes, they are allowed, but whenever we went it was mostly adults/older kids) on the gorgeous verandah with wine and apps is now so popular you have to be on a waitlist. Watched a vlog - they waited 60 minutes! Grrr.....

Maybe if we go at off times, won't be so bad.

Anyways, it's on MDE, currently at a 30 minute wait! 😬
Remember it does have limited capacity right now too.

Do you have a room only reservation?

No, long story short - I had a bounceback that was backdated to a normal reservation. I was hoping I could modify the normal reservation online, wanted to avoid the phone call.

I know this off topic, sorry about that.

Oh suuuuuure when you say it it’s being realistic when I do months ago it’s being negative. ;)

But for real, I agree, and it’s pretty sad. Fully aware how dramatic this will sound and I acknowledge there are real and bigger problems than this not limited to the CMs who are out of work, but I’m sad for my kids that they’re going to miss out on what WDW was. Very weird to think that if we had gone weeks or a month earlier we would have had one “last” trip as normal.
Yeah.... those posts a few months ago....

Anyway.

Disney has been changing for years. Even before this I felt sorry for people visiting in the last year or two not knowing what extra they would have experienced 10 to 15 years ago. Covid has just accelerated the changes.

Yep. There's a fundamental change occurring to the Disney Parks' experience right now. We're not going back to "normal." We'll eventually move into a "new normal." The pandemic isn't the reason for the change; it's the reason for the timing.
Exactly.

People need to understand that Disney has to plan as if the survival of the company depends on cutting costs, because it does. We aren't talking a down quarter or two. We are talking multiple quarters of massive amounts of revenue just disappearing and they don't know when that revenue might reappear.
Plus massive extra debt they need to repay so even if guest numbers and spending got back to normal Disney now has extra costs servicing that debt for many years to come.

We hop all over the place, usually not dining related. We love bouncing back and forth between Epcot and HS, MK and Epcot, we usually do 2 half days at AK, splitting it with another park both days. Also if we stay at a resort in walking distance to a park or with quick monorail/boat access, it’s really nice to be able to just pop into the park close to your resort even if you were at another park earlier. People hop for all different reasons.
Absolutely, we love staying in the Boardwalk area for this reason. It’s so nice to be able to just get to Epcot at the end of the day via Disney transportation and then walk back to the hotel.

What is the point of having park reservations if park hopping is allowed? Would you have to make a reservation for each park you plan on going to for the day?

I had to explain to a co worker that just because he has a ticket, he cannot just go to a park. I told him that he needed to log into the website and reserve a spot for the day. He just looked at me in bewilderment.

What is the point of having park reservations if park hopping is allowed? Would you have to make a reservation for each park you plan on going to for the day?

We’re not sure yet how park hopping will be implemented, but parks reservations don’t mean you can’t park hop. Especially if hopping arrives when capacity is close to max allowance, it likely wouldn’t be an issue. You could leave MK and make a reservation standing right outside of the DHS turnstiles. Park Reservations is all about collecting data and knowing where people are.

Remember it does have limited capacity right now too.

Right. And they also don’t want people congregating and standing around stalking those limited spots watching for people to leave. First come first serve is tough during covid. I don‘t think nomad is really any more popular now than it has been.

Right. And they also don’t want people congregating and standing around stalking those limited spots watching for people to leave. First come first serve is tough during covid. I don‘t think nomad is really any more popular now than it has been.

I think its a lot more popular. I see more people talk and ask about it now than they have in years past. When we went we never had to stalk tables. That's my point, we'd just walk on in.

That's the danger of a good place, it doesn't stay hidden.

Yeah.... those posts a few months ago....

Anyway.

Disney has been changing for years. Even before this I felt sorry for people visiting in the last year or two not knowing what extra they would have experienced 10 to 15 years ago. Covid has just accelerated the changes.

My wife and I were just talking about that the other night, actually. I really thing it's becoming a declining value proposition, at least for us. Their motto should be, "Charging more and giving less!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter