Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its a lot more popular. I see more people talk and ask about it now than they have in years past. When we went we never had to stalk tables. That's my point, we'd just walk on in.

That's the danger of a good place, it doesn't stay hidden.

My point is that because there is a limited number of tables now, they would need to
be stalked. Nomad was very quiet when we went in first week of February. We stopped in twice. Didn’t seem more popular than previous trips. But who knows.

Meant to mention, they’ve finally updated the DME video on the way from the airport to wdw. In August it was still the HEA video and very FP heavy. Now it’s pared down to the Incredibles safety video, cartoons and IP whatnot.

I say they’ll start selling them to the general public before hopping rolls out considering they’re already selling them on a limited basis.
Yeah I do think we are inching closer to that. I think part of it is tied to capacity. They don't want to sell more in the AP bucket when they may not have the space for it. Disney would rather take more money via resort/walk up tickets.

I think they just moved the goalposts on what they’re basing the 25% off of.

There’s 2 numbers that are used for Disney parks. Average daily attendance, and Max Capacity. It was probably once 25% of the daily average, and now it’s 25% of Max capacity. Still technically 25%, but it’s a higher 25%.

considering people that were there Labor Day weekend and have been recently are saying the parks are busier now than that weekend, and all 3 buckets were filled Labor Day weekend, and right now the buckets aren’t all filled, it’s pretty straightforward to see they’re allowing more people in the parks now than they were before
I 100% agree with you. We were here over LD weekend and are here now...holy cow is it much more crowded this trip (each weekday so far included) than it was over LD weekend/week. We're literally getting 1/3 of as much done and we have a smaller, faster party this go around. I never thought un a million years I'd wait an hr for philarmagic, but we did on Tues....we also rode the least amount by far that we've ever ridden on a park day...basically each day we've been here. It's just much busier than and waits for lines much higher than we've seen. I will also say I don't feel MK has any business closing at 6pm.

The other big issue is the heat/sun/lack of shade in the lines...it's brutal...like I feel like a bad mom brutal and I'm not one that babies their kids, but it's absolutely miserable. I've been having the older ones take the younger ones and go sit somewhere until we reach the regular que...they're going to have to figure something out, because only being opened during the hottest part of the day with those extended lines with no protection/relief is a deal breaker for us. It just makes everyone miserable and social distancing and wearing of masks properly really kinda goes out the window for many in those conditions.

Didnt D’Amaro say that Park Reservations weren’t going away any time soon? And now with the, being extended into 2022 that seems even more to be the case. I guess what I’m saying is, this seems to be obvious as I don’t think anyone assumed park hopping wouldn’t eventually come back, and if park reservations are here to stay, then obviously they’d be paired together when park hopping is back

Meant to mention, they’ve finally updated the DME video on the way from the airport to wdw. In August it was still the HEA video and very FP heavy. Now it’s pared down to the Incredibles safety video, cartoons and IP whatnot.

Well that's good at least - classic cartoons or the new Mickey Mouse style...

confession - sometimes i listen to old loops of DME from like 2005 on youtube....when captain hook is trying to check into the Grand Floridian while looking for Peter Pan with Smee, and Huey Duey and Louie keep saying "are we there yet?"....

yeah. i said it.

Didnt D’Amaro say that Park Reservations weren’t going away any time soon? And now with the, being extended into 2022 that seems even more to be the case. I guess what I’m saying is, this seems to be obvious as I don’t think anyone assumed park hopping wouldn’t eventually come back, and if park reservations are here to stay, then obviously they’d be paired together when park hopping is back

he didn't explicitly say park reservations - he said technology like what has been developed for/used during these times (and cited a few things,one of which was the park reservation system) will be leveraged going forward

So it could just have meant "things we have learned now we will see what can apply going forward" or it could have meant "yeah, the park reservation system ain't goin anywhere"

I think its a lot more popular. I see more people talk and ask about it now than they have in years past. When we went we never had to stalk tables. That's my point, we'd just walk on in.

That's the danger of a good place, it doesn't stay hidden.

I've had to stalk tables there for years. Last September and the December before that I definitely remember needing to.

The outdoor seating didn't seem to be reduced all that much. All of the booths and two top tables were there as far as I could remember, but the U shaped couches were now all L shaped. Doesn't change capacity too much, since it was always one party at those. I didn't pay much attention to inside, as we were never seated in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter